A tale of two cruises...

PaulaJK

I will be happy to help Dan with passengers secrets ~~I know many of them too! Nicknames, etc.,etc.

Also I will help with door decorations ~~I'll make a suggestion to Captain and CD as to the prizes. Perhaps a nice Tiffany gift~1st, 2nd & ugliest

Please order nice canapes. ~

Then up to the Sky Bar we go~:D Ha ha (I do not care for block parties)

MB

Nigella,

Thank you for offering up to do the name tags and play the banjo since Mr L may need some help with his instrument. This, despite admitting you don't care for block parties. But remember this is a new era with a new happenin'! What Seabourn tried to pull off with its Signature Event obviously left a lot of us underwhelmed (or worse) and so now we are taking it all off them. They had it a-comin', anyway.

Name tags can be tricky since everyone has their own idea. So a bit of precruise prep is smart. My own plan is to bring individual photos of family pets and maybe glue them to a ribbon or two, and then hang them from my badge. It's worth the effort and will deliver an excuse to tell everyone the story of my life. Just what everyone wants to hear at our "howdy- do" in a corridor.

Now, Wripro, and I wasn't going to say anything, but you shouldn't be crowding the organization with your ambitions to get into name tags. Your own, sure, and I know you have a lot to brag about, like many valued guests.

You are already leading the door decorating effort and for all I know have

setup committees and contracted outside consultants. We just want to keep things simple. But not too simple, as in a mediocre block party.

Lastly, Medroots, I am not sure yet who you really are (although Martita and Host Dan surely know and will tell all...), but you do know that you can take the rough edges off the French Foo-ey with a shot of something colorful. You probably pack a flask anyway. Just so we're clear that the corridors are not wide enough for Wripro's genuine but impractical beer keg idea.

Hope to see you soon at OUR Signature Event. Won't the Seabourn Cruise Director look embarrassed to see what happened to their idea gone viral?!

Happy cruising!

Lastly, Medroots, I am not sure yet who you really are (although Martita and Host Dan surely know and will tell all...), but you do know that you can take the rough edges off the French Foo-ey with a shot of something colorful. You probably pack a flask anyway.!

Markham, you disappoint me. Hint: Odyssey Maiden, Plotsky and Mt. Bromo guide. 'Nuff said? A flask with all those revenue choices? Please. I do have some pride.

Medroots,

Yeah, but, the system says you only have 29 posts and so you cannot be who your clues suggest you are.

But then those are pretty damning clues and the memories they evoke are most troubling and a couple are downright nauseating. I think I need to take a rest from posting today.

As for you, I am sorry to have mentioned the flask you tote around. At least I could have waited until I first had your permission. Or was prepared to mention some of MY clues. Which I have not...

Happy sailing!

No block party but probably the larger ships do them and it does depend on the cruise director.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had one on one of the small ships a year or so ago. I think it may depend on the CD. We hate them, they seem so artificial. The funny thing is that you will probably meet the same people in a bar or lounge, and enjoy chatting.

The worst thing is you either have to get out of your suite before 6, or stay out, or skulk in it until you think it is all over! Too silly. :(

Nigella,

Thank you for offering up to do the name tags and play the banjo since Mr L may need some help with his instrument. This, despite admitting you don't care for block parties. But remember this is a new era with a new happenin'! What Seabourn tried to pull off with its Signature Event obviously left a lot of us underwhelmed (or worse) and so now we are taking it all off them. They had it a-comin', anyway.

Name tags can be tricky since everyone has their own idea. So a bit of precruise prep is smart. My own plan is to bring individual photos of family pets and maybe glue them to a ribbon or two, and then hang them from my badge. It's worth the effort and will deliver an excuse to tell everyone the story of my life. Just what everyone wants to hear at our "howdy- do" in a corridor.

Indeed, Markham. This is my noble contribution to "joining in " :D

On further contemplation, I may need permission to use some snuff or at the very least, be permitted to chew on some tobacco whilst I play.

We had a block party on Quest. It affected my sensibilities so much that I thought I didn't like Seabourn.

Thankfully no block parties on SB since then. :D

Mr L, if you're reading, do we know who will be CD at Christmas?:eek:

Edited by Nigella

The worst thing is you either have to get out of your suite before 6, or stay out, or skulk in it until you think it is all over! Too silly. :(

We loathe the whole bock-party thing and find the call to stand around in the corridor and make small talk usually coincides with our getting ready for dinner: DW in hair-curlers while I am occupied with a face-full of shaving foam, OR, as LL notes, we find ourselves trapped in our suite with ear to the door waiting for the circus to leave before we dare to emerge.

As a rule, I try to avoid getting too chatty-friendly with next door neighbours. We made that mistake once and had to endure half the cruise with the delightful couple inviting themselves into our suite at every opportunity to regale us with tales of their careers in local government accountancy (he) and running a ladies hair salon ( her).

Flamin_June,

Yes, the block party thing is getting outta control. Definitely not for everybody.

Get this: Would you believe - and I am repeating this to share the pain - that someone recently on this thread PMd me to ask if she could wear her onesie, her favorite one from home? She added that she thought it might bring a homely touch to the goings on.

How do you howdy neighbor doody like that? What is the world coming to?!

Happy sailing!

I'm not really sure I know what a onesie is

It's like the sleep suits we used to put our babies in and as far as I know (not yet being "blessed" with grandchildren) people still do. Mind you front fixings, consisting of either a velcro strip or poppers could prove interesting...!

We loathe the whole bock-party thing and find the call to stand around in the corridor and make small talk usually coincides with our getting ready for dinner: DW in hair-curlers while I am occupied with a face-full of shaving foam, OR, as LL notes, we find ourselves trapped in our suite with ear to the door waiting for the circus to leave before we dare to emerge.

As a rule, I try to avoid getting too chatty-friendly with next door neighbours. We made that mistake once and had to endure half the cruise with the delightful couple inviting themselves into our suite at every opportunity to regale us with tales of their careers in local government accountancy (he) and running a ladies hair salon ( her).

Since we share one of the same roll calls, I am hoping there is not a block party and also thinking and hoping that woman is NOT on the cruise or is definitely joking.

I'm not really sure I know what a onesie is: something like combination underwear and enjoyed by Nick Clegg, I believe.
Yes, onesies are fairly American with most little ones in them because you don't have to worry about them getting chilly by pulling out the tshirt.

Just a note, a onesie in parts of our country is known also as a "jumpsuit" and is fairly popular often in the cocktail circuit and can be quite elaborate. Also the children wear them to bed when they are older and they become "bunny suits" and are comfy and warm in cold climates. Who knows what that woman that wanted to wear hers meantIII Anyhow, too much information, and for the record we don't like the block party either but we have no hangups about opening our door, saying hello and moving on politely through the crowd.

and for the record we don't like the block party either but we have no hangups about opening our door, saying hello and moving on politely through the crowd.

That's good old American know-how and confidence, compared to British diffidence and anxiety not to offend. Next time we'll take our cue from you and walk out of our suite when we want to :)

Get this: Would you believe - and I am repeating this to share the pain - that someone recently on this thread PMd me to ask if she could wear her onesie, her favorite one from home? She added that she thought it might bring a homely touch to the goings on.

How do you howdy neighbor doody like that? What is the world coming to?!

Happy sailing!

Markham - I'm guessing you have been "punked" by this dastardly dame.;)

If it's who I think it is, the only "onesie" she owns is a formal black sequined evening gown.