Annoying Passengers

sailing meadows

I have read with interest some of the do's and don'ts suggested Whilst I agree with most and I should advise we are veterans of over 60 cruises, our biggest annoyance is a person with a back pack now we don't care if you take one or not but stop wearing it on the ship or on the bus or any confined space as you inevitably turn around and knock everybody standing behind you or beside you. If you must have one of these monstrosities do not put it on your back put it on your front or better still carry it in the places mentioned.

I have read with interest some of the do's and don'ts suggested Whilst I agree with most and I should advise we are veterans of over 60 cruises, our biggest annoyance is a person with a back pack now we don't care if you take one or not but stop wearing it on the ship or on the bus or any confined space as you inevitably turn around and knock everybody standing behind you or beside you. If you must have one of these monstrosities do not put it on your back put it on your front or better still carry it in the places mentioned.

Lmao!!! Have to say I agree and have been knocked around by a backpack or two myself.

Wow! 1:44 am and ALREADY someone is up on the boards complaining about something. What are the odds? :rolleyes:

I would give anything if there wasn't some grumpy "veteran" cruiser trying to ruin the impending first cruise I am taking by telling me every single solitary way I need to do things so as not to impede THEIR experience and to make sure I cruise the way THEY are used to doing it.

It's not just backpacks, it's any larger bag that people are hauling around with them. I got whacked in the head on a plane a couple days ago by some ladies over sized handbag. She was so busy complaining to the flight attendant about having to gate check her third item (duh) that she kept swinging around and hitting me. I grabbed her bag as it came towards my face for the third time and got her attention--of course being the self-absorbed type she was, she didn't even apologize.

Two minutes later I got whacked by some kid hauling a duffle that must have weighed a ton--definitely more than she was capable of handling. A little common sense parents? Her mother kept telling her to be careful, but do you think she might have thought about giving the kid the rolling duffle and taking the heavier item herself? Or maybe this amazing concept called checking a bag you can't handle?

Wow! 1:44 am and ALREADY someone is up on the boards complaining about something. What are the odds? :rolleyes:

Have you figured the thought that the OP is from a country on the other side of the world and its probably "1:44 PM" where they live, when they posted?

I would give anything if there wasn't some grumpy "veteran" cruiser trying to ruin the impending first cruise I am taking by telling me every single solitary way I need to do things so as not to impede THEIR experience and to make sure I cruise the way THEY are used to doing it.

I am a veteran cruiser who just loves to cruise. Yeah, every now and then something will not be perfect, but who cares. It is still a wonderful vacation. Have a great time on your first.

Since were discussing bags....:rolleyes:. I dont get the people who do the "self assist" when leaving the ship wanting to get off first and take all there bags, and try to drag 2-3 large bags at same time down the corridor dropping them every 5-10 feet holding up everybody else in line. Of course evrybody that reads this are never guilty of that, right?:rolleyes:. I know Im not.. And i mean it..

Yea, I know.. This should be in the "cruise gripes" section..LOL.

We carried our bags off our last cruise. We had a medium wheeled suitcase (24"), a garment bag that hooks onto the suitcase, and a tote.

On our next cruise my husband and I will each have a roll-aboard and a "small personal item."

I travel two weeks a month for work, I go for a week with a 20" roll aboard and my briefcase.

Life's too short to over pack or wait for baggage.

It's not just backpacks, it's any larger bag that people are hauling around with them. I got whacked in the head on a plane a couple days ago by some ladies over sized handbag. She was so busy complaining to the flight attendant about having to gate check her third item (duh) that she kept swinging around and hitting me. I grabbed her bag as it came towards my face for the third time and got her attention--of course being the self-absorbed type she was, she didn't even apologize.

Two minutes later I got whacked by some kid hauling a duffle that must have weighed a ton--definitely more than she was capable of handling. A little common sense parents? Her mother kept telling her to be careful, but do you think she might have thought about giving the kid the rolling duffle and taking the heavier item herself? Or maybe this amazing concept called checking a bag you can't handle?

This is,of course, a symptom of the Airlines charging extra for hold baggage. Carry ons are proliferating.

This is,of course, a symptom of the Airlines charging extra for hold baggage. Carry ons are proliferating.

Gate checking is still free on most US carriers.

On the rare occasion that I have larger or heavier bags, I check them. (My status with my carrier of choice allows me two checked bags of up to 70 pounds and a third of up to 50 pounds for free)

My mantra is, "If you can't easily manage it without help or hurting someone, you need to check it."

Somebody hasn't had their coffee yet this morning.

Since were discussing bags....:rolleyes:. I dont get the people who do the "self assist" when leaving the ship wanting to get off first and take all there bags, and try to drag 2-3 large bags at same time down the corridor dropping them every 5-10 feet holding up everybody else in line. Of course evrybody that reads this are never guilty of that, right?:rolleyes:. I know Im not.. And i mean it..

Yea, I know.. This should be in the "cruise gripes" section..LOL.

Guilty...did it my last cruise because I decided not wait in the airport for 6 hours for the next flight. I was blessed that other passengers helped us with the luggage. If I find myself behind someone struggling with their bags, I willl do exactly what my wonderful passengers did. Thank you, Jewel of the Seas, Oct. 1-8, 2011.

If you must have one of these monstrosities do not put it on your back put it on your front or better still carry it in the places mentioned.

:eek:A back pack on my front!!! I do carry a back pack and when in a small space it's usually on one shoulder so I can keep it out of the way of others. When I wear it on my back --as in moving through an airport--it gives me wonderful space from folks who may bang in to me from the rear with other forms of luggage. I have been hit by many kinds of travel items but know that they are accidental events. While I am not a veteran cruiser I am a veteran traveller. Consideration of other people and cultures is my prime directive when traveling.

Archived