Towels at the Beach?

serene1

We have an excursion to Passion Island at Cozumel. Do we need to take towels from the ship or will there be towels at the beach?

The reason I ask this is because we went on a Disney Cruise last year and when we stopped at Castaway Cay, I was a little frazzled getting the three kids off the ship and didn't realize I was supposed to grab a towel on the way out. That was the only opportunity for a towel! :eek:

It was a quite a challenge dealing with swimming in the ocean, playing in the sand, and not having towels.

We have an excursion to Passion Island at Cozumel. Do we need to take towels from the ship or will there be towels at the beach?

The reason I ask this is because we went on a Disney Cruise last year and when we stopped at Castaway Cay, I was a little frazzled getting the three kids off the ship and didn't realize I was supposed to grab a towel on the way out. That was the only opportunity for a towel! :eek:

It was a quite a challenge dealing with swimming in the ocean, playing in the sand, and not having towels.

Never heard of not bringing your own towel.

I'm a cruise novice (DCL was the first and only so far) and I figured since it was their private island, they'd have towels available.

I'm guessing you're saying I need to get a towel on the ship. Do I get one from the pool? Do they have them on the way out? Do I take it from my room?

Sorry to be so obtuse.

I'm a cruise novice (DCL was the first and only so far) and I figured since it was their private island, they'd have towels available.

I'm guessing you're saying I need to get a towel on the ship. Do I get one from the pool? Do they have them on the way out? Do I take it from my room?

Sorry to be so obtuse.

We're here to answer your question. We all were newbies at one one time. You will be left towels in your cabin just for the pool or the beach.

You'll love the excursion -- it was a very relaxing afternoon (few hours) the beach and water are fantastic... the food was pretty good also....

we actually bought travel towels. 62 inch by 35 inches and they weigh nothing. You can go to amazon and look them up just search for rick Steve's travel towel. They rocked!:p they are super thin but really soft and they dry you off really fast and dry themselves even faster. and they pack up into nothing- they fit into a 7 by 10 inch pouch. We really really liked having them:D

Take the pool towels from the ship. Don't bother bringing your own--they'll never dry, if you want them laundered, it'll cost you, and it's added weight you don't need. You can get more than 1 towels per person from the ship, if you need extras! Just bring them back to the ship with you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
Our family always travel with beach travel towels to avoid carrying around the bulky and heavy towels front he ship. These are the best we have found so far http://www.solescapes.com/Beach-and-Pool-Travel-Towels-s/1843.htm Oversized, soft and fast drying.

Thread is 8 years old???

Never had an issue with bringing ship towels. They are instant dry as soon as you trade them in.

Thread is 8 years old???Never had an issue with bringing ship towels. They are instant dry as soon as you trade them in.

Just because it's 8 years old doesn't mean people don't still want to know and don't want to start a new thread.

Agree with you: It's perfectly fine to take the beach towels from the ship to ports of call. Thank goodness we can do this. Great to be able to return the dirty wet towel and get clean ones. :)

Our family always travel with beach travel towels to avoid carrying around the bulky and heavy towels front he ship. These are the best we have found so far http://www.solescapes.com/Beach-and-Pool-Travel-Towels-s/1843.htm Oversized, soft and fast drying.

Welcome to CC, and thanks for the link. While it's true that you can trade in ship's towels for fresh ones, I agree with you that the convenience of not carrying around bulky, heavy beach towels is a definite plus. We started using microfibre towels years ago when backpacking and canoe tripping, and have always packed them with our scuba and snorkelling gear.