Ultimate beverage package

Yindella

Anyone know about extra charges for drinks in Barcelona and the other European countries?

I believe I already paid for all the taxes and gratuities but just want to know if I need to pay more on top of that.

Is there anything you can drink for free in the bar and other areas? I have a teenager that does not drink anything carbonated so it is not worth buying a soda package. I we get like juice or something for free?

Is there anything you can drink for free in the bar and other areas? I have a teenager that does not drink anything carbonated so it is not worth buying a soda package. I we get like juice or something for free?
There is water, iced tea, lemonade, flavored water and juice (in the am) all in the buffet at no charge.

My teen doesn't drink anything carbonated either. He is happy with lemonade or a kiwi/strawberry drink they have at the self-serve places in the buffet. We've learned that in the dining rooms, he should always have them bring him 2 lemonades at once, since it seems to always take forever for them to get anything that isn't soda or alcohol. I'm assuming this is because the regular bars don't carry the non-alcohol/non-carbonated drinks, and that's where the servers generally retrieve beverages to serve in the restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
To all those that have had UBP before.....so when the ship has wine/beer tasting events....I've seen mojotos tasting also....how does the UBP work for that?? Oh....and the pub crawl??? Thanks much!!

You have to pay for the tastings. We had the UBP, so managed to do our own tasting for no charge.

We had to pay the tax while we were docked in both NY and FL. It was $.88 per drink.

Just off Breakaway today. We noticed on our account on the TV in our cabin that taxes were added while we were in port but they were removed several days later.

To all those that have had UBP before.....so when the ship has wine/beer tasting events....I've seen mojotos tasting also....how does the UBP work for that?? Oh....and the pub crawl??? Thanks much!!

don;t know about the crawl, but we did the martini tasting, w/ UBP you get 20% discount, but they also add 18% gratuity

Pub Crawl is independent from NCL.... although NCL may help coordinate it because of the volume of people involved and the logistics of what bar versus when based on other events....... each Crawlee will be required to present their card so it's either charged to the room or UBP used.

My teen doesn't drink anything carbonated either. He is happy with lemonade or a kiwi/strawberry drink they have at the self-serve places in the buffet. We've learned that in the dining rooms, he should always have them bring him 2 lemonades at once, since it seems to always take forever for them to get anything that isn't soda or alcohol. I'm assuming this is because the regular bars don't carry the non-alcohol/non-carbonated drinks, and that's where the servers generally retrieve beverages to serve in the restaurants.
My brother does not drink carbonated beverages either but I am not sure if they charge for the ice tea or lemonade. Did they charge you for that lemonade?

If you are on the drinks package on NCL yes you will see it on your account. But if on beverage package it is removed. ONLY ON BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So to be clear....even if you got the "free beverage package" as a bonus promo, the tax is removed?

So to be clear....even if you got the "free beverage package" as a bonus promo, the tax is removed?

We had to pay tax on drinks ordered with the drink package while in US port. It was not removed. We left out if Tampa and first port was key west so had the tax charged until after dinner the second night. Came to around $17 total for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My brother does not drink carbonated beverages either but I am not sure if they charge for the ice tea or lemonade. Did they charge you for that lemonade?

Of course not. Lemonade is free to all guests on the ship, and so is tea. He walks to a drink machine and fills a cup himself.

Of course not. Lemonade is free to all guests on the ship, and so is tea. He walks to a drink machine and fills a cup himself.
Hmm...don't think I ever saw a drink machine in any main dining rooms. I know he can get that at the buffet but I was inquiring about the other restaurants.

We had to pay tax on drinks ordered with the drink package while in US port. It was not removed. We left out if Tampa and first port was key west so had the tax charged until after dinner the second night. Came to around $17 total for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So as usual two different people have two different experiences and I will just have to go with ..." Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo" and pick one. LOL

Hmm...don't think I ever saw a drink machine in any main dining rooms. I know he can get that at the buffet but I was inquiring about the other restaurants.

sorry. I should have re-read the entire thread to remind me of the context instead of just reading where you quoted me. No, there are no drink machines in the MDR. :rolleyes:. And no, you still aren't charged for beverages that are included for all passengers as part of the cruise fare.