souvenirs ideas on cruise NY to Quebec

pris993

Going on a cruise out of New York to Quebec - with stops in Bar Harbor Maine, St John Nb, halifax, Quebec City, Sydney Ns. Boston and Newport RI.

Would love some suggestions for souvenirs, like to get candy or some confections that are good vs trinkets...

I posted on the eastcoast port boards but think more folks read this board so thought I would ask here as well.

My first thought would be maple syrup...regionally made and available in both American and Canadian ports.

I also thought of Dulse...seaweed. Sold both in the Maritimes and Maine. Not my favorite, but a lot of people like it. Can be used in soups chowders or just eaten raw. Something different for most people.

hopes this helps

have a great cruise

There's usually a nice crafts fair just a few steps from the cruise pier in Saint John, NB. We bought a nice carved tooth pick holder made from Canadian rock. We also bought a decorative mug in Halifax, NS at the crafts fair just inside the cruise ship terminal.

I think it's much nicer to have a solid object that to remember your cruise by. It's so nice to periodically glance over at these little pieces and remember your wonderful cruise to Canada/New England.

You can get candies anywhere but, a nice piece of pottery or a craft of some sort will have a much longer and more meaningful shelf life.

Jonathan

On Buade street in Old Quebec city there is a lovely Christmas shop ( if you celebrate Christmas ) you could get a nice decoration or ornament with Quebec written on it. The is also a small street where locals sell their paintings of Quebec...you could buy a small one for less than 20.00. Enjoy your cruise.

Agree with the maple syrup. In fact, if you go to an ordinary grocery store in Canada, you can get cans of maple syrup, and they're a better deal than the glass jars. Non-fragile. I like Canada's because their labels are bilingual in English/French. Just don't get the cheap stuff, like Ms. Butterworth's. There's nothing special about that.

Just don't get the cheap stuff, like Ms. Butterworth's. There's nothing special about that.

I would not even call it Maple syrup :D

It is just syrup made in USA

Edited by LHT28