Listing of hotels affected by hurricanes

SarahD112

Here is today's press release from the Puerto Rico Tourism Office. http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/

In addition, in this Spanish-language article they specify that functioning hotels in the metro are are being used for military and rescue workers and do not have capacity for tourists.

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/turismonohaycapacidadpararecibirahuespedesenloshoteles-2360332/

Here is today's press release from the Puerto Rico Tourism Office. http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/

In addition, in this Spanish-language article they specify that functioning hotels in the metro are are being used for military and rescue workers and do not have capacity for tourists.

https://www.elnuevodia.com/noticias/locales/nota/turismonohaycapacidadpararecibirahuespedesenloshoteles-2360332/

While I am not visiting Puerto Rico until 2019, if I was going to be going this year, I'd have no issues with the hotels providing the rooms for those down there assisting.

Here's hoping for a quicker recovery than people have been saying.

Hilton Caribe and Hilton Condado Plaza are not open.

From their website. "Due to Hurricane Maria, the hotel is no longer accepting existing or new reservations through October 31, 2017".

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s2

We are booked on the Summit on the November 25th sailing, staying 2 days prior at the Caribe Hilton.

I think there is a difference between "not open" and "not accepting reservations". My understanding is that these hotels are capable of functioning and have not been destroyed by the hurricane. However, they have opted to use their capacity to house those who are directly involved in the relief effort rather than tourists and customers. For someone who is looking for a place to stay during their vacaton, it is just sematics, but it does mean (to me at least) that they will be back and operating as soon as things start to return to normal.

I think there is a difference between "not open" and "not accepting reservations". My understanding is that these hotels are capable of functioning and have not been destroyed by the hurricane. However, they have opted to use their capacity to house those who are directly involved in the relief effort rather than tourists and customers. For someone who is looking for a place to stay during their vacaton, it is just sematics, but it does mean (to me at least) that they will be back and operating as soon as things start to return to normal.

"Interior of the Caribe Hilton destroyed after Hurricane Maria swept through Puerto Rico", September 22, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0W864pt7AY

Hotel Closures Updated today!

http://puertoriconow.seepuertorico.com/

Edited by RSWBADGER

I didn’t see Casablanca Hotelon the list (probably because it is a boutique hotel). This is the info they posted on their Facebook page today:

To our Loved Guests,

Hurricane Maria has struck the Island pretty hard. Our hotel is up and running, not without a lot of effort from everyone here and we want to thank each and every person for all their support. From the owner, to the employees, to our suppliers and guests who spent these couple of days with us.

Things are resorting quickly, but our phones and communications are up and down.

We are so thankful that everyone is alive and safe.

Please wait to message us about your travel plans at reservations@hotelcasablancapr.com until the last minute.

We are encouraging travelers to check on the status of their flights for the coming weeks as the airport has been operating with some delays.

Praying you and your loved ones are safe and well, one can never underestimate the power of nature.

See you soon!

Casablanca Hotel team

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone have any information about Sheraton Old San Juan? I thought I saw that it might be one of the first responder Hotels, but not sure about that. Their website and Sheraton corporate have no information to share.

This is from their website- I just did a test reservation for Oct 31.

Important Notice about Hurricane Maria CLOSE

The hotel is not currently accepting reservations due to Hurricane Maria and is waiving cancellation fees for select dates. For assistance with reservations, please contact (800) 228-9290 or your local reservation office.

This is from their website- I just did a test reservation for Oct 31.

Important Notice about Hurricane Maria CLOSE

The hotel is not currently accepting reservations due to Hurricane Maria and is waiving cancellation fees for select dates. For assistance with reservations, please contact (800) 228-9290 or your local reservation office.

Thank you. That is all that I can get as well. We have until December - cruise begins and ends in SJ - I have been wondering about possible damage to the hotel. It’s all in limbo right now.

I just hope and pray that PR gets the assistance that is so drastically needed soon.....for all the people way more than for the sake of a vacation...

• 2 weeks later...
Hilton Caribe website now says they are not taking reservations until December 31st

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Due to Hurricane Maria, the hotel is no longer accepting new reservations through December 31, 2017. Our hotel will be waiving cancellation penalties for reservations arriving Tuesday, September 19 through Sunday, December 31. We encourage guests with existing reservations to contact 1-800-HILTONS.

We have the Caribe Hilton booked 2 days pre-cruise Nov 23rd - 25th, the wording is different that it does not include existing reservations. Will check with them before the end of the month.

I received a email from our original hotel - Casablanca - and they are up and running. Because I couldn't contact them I made a reservation at the AC Hotel, which confirmed yesterday via Facebook messenger (and twice before that by phone) that they are up and running. They're honoring current reservations, but aren't taking any new ones until after November 1st.

Caribe Hilton Reservation, Thanksgiving.

We have reservations 2 nights pre-cruise Nov 23-25th at the Caribe Hilton, we have not gotten any official cancellation yet, so today I called their local number in San Juan (Not 1-800-Hiltons), and was told after looking up our reservation that were are cancelled and will be notified within a couple of weeks.

She said it is a process cancelling all of these and are they are getting closer to our dates.

After reading the boards here, I made a backup reservation already with Intercontinental, which is currently open.

Several people on today's cruise have reported that they have checked into the Comfort Inn with no issues.

I'm guessing/hoping that this is the one in Condado (San Juan). I have a reservation with them before my cruise in early November. Called a few weeks ago, they said things would be fine. Have tried calling again a few times since to get an updated status, but no answer.