What is the first thing you do when you get on the ship?

IslandGrl411

The first thing I do is enjoy a complimentary glass of champagne.

Oh wait...NCL stopped handing out free champagne a while ago. So now the first thing I do when boarding is REMEMBER how nice it was when they offered this perk. :-)

If I can go to my cabin, I go there to drop off my carry on and look at the daily schedule. Otherwise I generally try to figure out where I can go for lunch that isn't the buffet, and then go there. On my last cruise I hightailed it to the spa to book my weekly spa pass--but I wouldn't do that on a port-intensive cruise.

If I can't go to my cabin, and I'm not hungry, and I don't want to buy a spa pass, I usually walk around the ship to familiarize myself with where everything is and to look at all the lovely rooms before the crowds descend.

1. If my room is ready, drop all the excess stuff off.

2. Get a cocktail - a glass of bubbly or something tropical.

3. Get something to eat. Not in the buffet! Bistro on 5 (on Celebrity) is a great non-chaotic choice. Note: second cocktail probably appearing here.

4. During lunch, check out the daily. See if there is anything worth factoring into the day, plus get a vibe for the ship.

5. Also during lunch, study the ship map. Takes a while for a new ship, quicker if it's just a refresher on a ship I've sailed before.

6. Check out the library. I usually bring several books with me (much easier now that they're electronic!), but you never know if you'll find something interesting. And after the first day, it's often well picked over.

After that, keep checking to see when the luggage might get delivered so I can unpack, start exploring the ship and making sure to take a deep breath every few minutes to transition out of "hectic travel" mode to "ah yes, the vacation can begin" mode. And remind myself to appreciate every moment!

I usually go straight to my cabin. I will be getting to the port really early and since I have the FTTF pass I will probably be one of the first one on the ship. I really don't know what to do. I will probably head straight to the Lido Deck buffet and hang out there until my cabin is ready. One thing I never miss and that's the sail away party. Always a fun time for me.

If the cabin is available, I drop off my carry on bag.......if it is not?

I find one of my favorite bars and have my first cocktail:D;):)

If the cabin is available, I drop off my carry on bag.......if it is not?

I find one of my favorite bars and have my first cocktail:D;):)

Great minds think alike! :D That's also my routine Lois.

Sue

1. If my room is ready, I drop off my luggage and/or excess bag and unpack while inspecting the room to make sure everything is working. If order anything for my room, I take note that its there; if not, I wait for it later in the evening for it be deliver before heading off to Guest Services the same evening or the next day if doesn't arrive. Probably take pictures of the room for memory sake, too. :)

2. Get lunch from the dining room, if possible without having to go to the buffet at all(learn my lesson:eek:). If I can't do that,I'll just get a drink, preferable alcoholic.

3. If I have time after lunch and before the muster drill, I take a walk around the ship to get my bearing of where everything is.

4. After the muster drill, I take pictures from the aft of the city landscapes especially of the Statue of Liberty and Vezzarano Bridge. :D

well on my first two cruises I ran straight to the buffet as I like to eat. I know that sounds like a rookie mistake with all the embarktion madness going on but when luck would have it that you are one of the first people on the ship you take advantage by going to the buffet.

On my next cruise I doubt if I am that lucky again. I guess my plan this time is to find a place that isn't as crowded to grab a bite to eat. but if that plan is foiled I will find me a nice watering hole to begin to put my adult beverage package to use.

I would love it if I were able to drop off my carry-on in my cabin as the first thing I do when I board the ship, but I tend to board the ship before all of the cabins are ready. One time, I got in the elevator and attempted to exit on my cabin's deck so that I could put my carry-on in my cabin, but there was a security person there who would not allow me to leave the elevator. I had to wait until it was announced that we could go to our cabins. So I took my carry-on with me to the buffet, and I put it on the floor with several hundred, maybe a thousand, other carry-ons, for people to trip over. Why the cruiseline thought that it was better to have so many carry-ons on the floor in the buffet instead of each one being stashed in the owner's closet, out of the way of the stewards doing any last minute cleaning up, is beyond me.

So the first thing I do is go to the buffet, or a dining room if there is one open, to have lunch. I don't go to a bar, because I don't drink enough to buy a drinks package, so I'm not in any hurry to start drinking my "free" drinks, and I never drink alcohol at lunchtime anyway.

Once I am on the ship, I take my big smile to a bar to get a nice glass of wine, then pick up a 'daily news letter' and sit and relax while reading about the upcoming fun.........:p, smile still intact.

It appears others do the same; I am in good company!! :)

Almost cry!!! Sooo many people can't afford a cruise. So I'm thankful I'm on the ship getting ready to set sail. After my "moment" I look for FOOD to begin my gluttony journey for the week. LOL!!