Credit card charges post disembarkation

java spot

Help. I'm on the road after a week long TA and had a charge from Cunard generated on 8/19 ( i disembarked on the 16th) Is this customary to get a charge after a final bill has been presented or has my card been hacked? Advice appreciated of anyone with similiar experience. Thanks!

Yes occasionally this can happen because your onboard statement may have been 'prepared or closed early afternoon' on the day before your disembarkation.

Any other last minute onboard purchases in the evenings ( e.g. Bar,Spa or onboard shops etc) often appear on a separate statement.

Check your statement carefully, I hope it's correct.

Twice on Cunard we have had another bill from them.

Both times it was for the mini bar ,which we never use.

Phoned them and we then got a credit.

You have to watch them.

Same thing happened to me...several times, and always for the mini bar in the cabin which I never use.

'Several Times' ? .... is that only after you have disembarked from Cunard Line.

I'm really sorry, but I do find that hard to believe. Next month I'm about to embark on my 38th voyage/cruise 'with Cunard' and never once had any problems with the mini bar, especially after embarkation.

These mini bars are checked daily by our stateroom crew member, hopefully we are not suggesting that a discrepancy only occurs after we have left the ship.

I'm sure Housekeeping management would be monitoring certain crew members if this was a regular occurrence .

On one or two occasions ( and only on one or two occasions) I have had a bar bill ( accidentally ;) ) signed to my stateroom but have managed to rectify this in time during the voyage.

... Next month I'm about to embark on my 38th voyage/cruise 'with Cunard' and never once had any problems with the mini bar, especially after embarkation.

These mini bars are checked daily by our stateroom crew member, hopefully we are not suggesting that a discrepancy only occurs after we have left the ship.

I'm sure Housekeeping management would be monitoring certain crew members if this was a regular occurrence ...

Hi Bell Boy,

I also been very lucky (so it seems); never have I had an issue after the voyage was over with the mini-bar (or indeed during the trip).

I confess I've sometimes looked at the final statement over early breakfast on disembarkation day... and thought "that can't be right..." but then I've realised that it is entirely accurate, and I really did visit the Commodore Club that frequently... :o

Best wishes :)

Edited by pepperrn

'Several Times' ? .... is that only after you have disembarked from Cunard Line.

I'm really sorry, but I do find that hard to believe.

You may find it hard to believe, but it is true. I am Diamond level having traveled on all of the present Queens plus QE2 for a total of 60+ sailings. I recall this happening at least three times...my credit card is billed a few more dollars than what my final bill on board was. I call to report the overcharge, am told that it's for an item from the mini bar, I state that I never use the mini bar, and it's credited to my Visa card.

Thanks all for your feedback. I had forgotten about the mini-bar. I did take a litre of water, having perhaps misunderstood that one bottle was gratis. Was charged $7.82. Just enough to make it not worth the effort to pursue. Most importantly, I am reassured that my card has not been hacked.

I do believe those who posted stories of errors. I guess it's always wise to check statements of charges on cruise ships, at hotels, in restaurants. Mistakes happen. Hopefully all were able to get them corrected without a huge amount of fuss.

I do believe those who posted stories of errors. I guess it's always wise to check statements of charges on cruise ships, at hotels, in restaurants. Mistakes happen. Hopefully all were able to get them corrected without a huge amount of fuss.
Quite right tv24, mistakes do happen, as you say.

I carefully check my statements on board, and my accounts when I get home (a long time ago, I was charged twice for an expensive hotel stay. Only careful checking of card statements revealed the mistake, which took a couple of weeks to sort out. The hotel told me, at first, "we don't make errors of that nature, sir")

Best wishes and happy sailings.

Twice on Cunard we have had another bill from them.

Both times it was for the mini bar ,which we never use.

Phoned them and we then got a credit.

You have to watch them.

My only experience of Cunard post cruise billing was to have a refund to my credit card.

In God I trust.

Quite right tv24, mistakes do happen, as you say.

I carefully check my statements on board, and my accounts when I get home (a long time ago, I was charged twice for an expensive hotel stay. Only careful checking of card statements revealed the mistake, which took a couple of weeks to sort out. The hotel told me, at first, "we don't make errors of that nature, sir")

Best wishes and happy sailings.

Ah yes. This reminds me of a nice hotel where we stayed near the Barcelona airport. I had prepaid for the room when I made the reservation. As usual, they ran my credit card when we checked in to cover restaurant and bar purchases. But when I checked my credit card statement on line a week later, I found that they had charged me again for the room. It took a few phone calls stumbling around in English and Spanish before this was reconciled. Just another reminder to always check ones charges.

Sounds like some here have been very lucky. We've had it happen twice with Cunard once on QM2 and once on QV. On QM2 we were charged for someone else's account all together and we were changed 4 days after disembarkation. It took a while and several phone calls to get it stored out but in the end it was fixed. Would have liked to have gotten an apology from Cunard but we were happy it was over and done with.