Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi Tracey

Well I have only down ncl a couple of times many years ago

Is this your first cruise then I gather or have you done a few

Going solo is not so bad as you go to all the activities such as trivia and you quickly will make friends for the cruise and sometimes they become long term friends

Still myself trying to get to Alaska. As keep changing my plans and ending elsewhere

Are you near then to the area of landslides or is that a distance from you

Hope no one you know was affected from them

What do you do for work, I am a builder but special use in the paperwork side

Developing a ta business at the moment to go with my travels

Talk soon

Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Greg,

I am 2 1/2 hours from the landslide. WOW! You heard about it all the way in Australia? It was awful and heartbreaking.

I've been on one cruise and that is where the bug bit me. I haven't had the opportunity to go since 2010 so I'm taking full advantage of being able to go next year. I cruised to Alaska and you most definitely need to go. Absolutely breathtaking. No one can explain Alaska. You have to experience it. I cruised on Holland America and while the ship was nice it was more of an older crowd and the ship was almost dead silent at 11pm. When I stumbled down the hall to my room at that time and the quiet was deafening. Felt like I was stumbling at 4am not at 11pm. Yes...I had a bit too much fun and quite possibly a few too many adult beverages. Shhh...don't tell anyone. ;)

I work as an office manager for an insurance agent but I will be going back to school in the fall. After 30 years of being out of school, I'm going to college. This cruise is my treat to myself after a year of studies and rest up for year 2. :)

Talk to you soon!

Tracey

Hi Greg,

I am 2 1/2 hours from the landslide. WOW! You heard about it all the way in Australia? It was awful and heartbreaking.

I've been on one cruise and that is where the bug bit me. I haven't had the opportunity to go since 2010 so I'm taking full advantage of being able to go next year. I cruised to Alaska and you most definitely need to go. Absolutely breathtaking. No one can explain Alaska. You have to experience it. I cruised on Holland America and while the ship was nice it was more of an older crowd and the ship was almost dead silent at 11pm. When I stumbled down the hall to my room at that time and the quiet was deafening. Felt like I was stumbling at 4am not at 11pm. Yes...I had a bit too much fun and quite possibly a few too many adult beverages. Shhh...don't tell anyone. ;)

I work as an office manager for an insurance agent but I will be going back to school in the fall. After 30 years of being out of school, I'm going to college. This cruise is my treat to myself after a year of studies and rest up for year 2. :)

Talk to you soon!

Tracey

Hi Tracey, I live in Florida and have been following the landslide news

(as is everyone)......my hearts go out to all the families:(

I sail solo too......I LOVE IT:D

Lois...it stunned the whole state. I've been in that area and it just never crossed my mind that it would happen. But...the westside of the state had something like 7 inches of rain in a week or less. The slide was, from what I've read, 26 football fields in size. That is crazy huge!!! What is so heartbreaking are the victims who may never be found. It's just too difficult to even fathom. I lost my dad on March 7 and we were able to have closure. The families who may never get that is heartbreaking. :(

Lois...it stunned the whole state. I've been in that area and it just never crossed my mind that it would happen. But...the westside of the state had something like 7 inches of rain in a week or less. The slide was, from what I've read, 26 football fields in size. That is crazy huge!!! What is so heartbreaking are the victims who may never be found. It's just too difficult to even fathom. I lost my dad on March 7 and we were able to have closure. The families who may never get that is heartbreaking. :(

Ohhh....your Dad just passed last month? My heartfelt condolences

go out to you too. I lost mine in August 2011 and still miss him

every day. Dad's are so special....that is for sure.

I saw a little boy who was saved.....he lost his whole family.

They showed the neighbor who helped...she was so kind...I cried

during that whole story.

Hi Greg,

Talk to you soon!

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Well I have been cruising since being a toddler and got really hooked in. 77 whilst cruising through a hurricane

Also being raised around boats my whole life has hooked me on water

Cruised a lot of the world with basic exception if Africa and lower South America

I get allot if time away since I work for myself and can work anywhere with email access

Means I have to spare time each day on the cruise to work

How about we start pm each other

Might be better than to tie up the thread with our personal crap:)

Talk soon

Greg:)

Hi Tracey

Well I have been cruising since being a toddler and got really hooked in. 77 whilst cruising through a hurricane

Also being raised around boats my whole life has hooked me on water

Cruised a lot of the world with basic exception if Africa and lower South America

I get allot if time away since I work for myself and can work anywhere with email access

Means I have to spare time each day on the cruise to work

How about we start pm each other

Might be better than to tie up the thread with our personal crap:)

Talk soon

Great idea. LOL

Hey Tracey

Can't pm you for some reason

So will stay here for a bit

Wondering who you are grieving as can't see through the posts

My thoughts are with you anyway

Yes as others have said, Barcelona is wonderful and can even do a day or two day trip easily up to Andorra

Great little place

The whole area is wonderful

Solo cruising is mostly how I cruise anyhow

Talk soon

Greg :)

Hi Greg...

If you go to aol and use the name of luv2beme37 you will most likely find me there. :)

My dad passed away March 7 of this year.

Tracey

My thoughts are with you

I have list both parents so know how you must be feeling

Will talk

Greg

My thoughts are with you

I have list both parents so know how you must be feeling

Will talk

Greg

Tracey

Have logged onto aol and tried sending a message but won't accept offline messages

Tracey

Have logged onto aol and tried sending a message but won't accept offline messages

Hi Greg, the PM feature is not activated on here.

By the way, a big thank you to your Airforce/ Navy for all the help

with trying to find the Airplane......

Edited by Lois R

Hi Greg, the PM feature is not activated on here.

By the way, a big thank you to your Airforce/ Navy for all the help

with trying to find the Airplane......

Thanks Lois for the info

It does give me some national pride that my country can be of help to such a tragedy

I feel that the whole world is helping in their own way and such a tragedy

Feel for all involved

Thanks

Booked this cruise to go with my 26 year old daughter but she had a work conflict and backed out. Any other solo cruisers out there?

Hi Riley5453! I'm also a solo going on the same cruise next week. I can't wait! Long winter here in Chicago. Your daughter must be sick over having to cancel!

Rick

P.S. There is not official meet and greet set up yet but talk on the roll call board about 9am Monday morning but nothing firm set up that I know of.

Hi Riley5453! I'm also a solo going on the same cruise next week. I can't wait! Long winter here in Chicago. Your daughter must be sick over having to cancel!

Rick

P.S. There is not official meet and greet set up yet but talk on the roll call board about 9am Monday morning but nothing firm set up that I know of.

Hi Rick. Brrrrr. I bet you are so tired of the cold weather. Memphis has been colder this year but nothing like you guys.

Meet and greet Monday am sounds good. I will check the roll call board as well to see if I becomes official. Lisa

Hi Lisa! Just an awful winter! I'm so ready to enjoy some nice weather. I'm leaving for NOLA next Saturday morning, sorry I can't leave sooner. Will spend Saturday in New Orleans just hanging out before we board on Sunday. I think half of the USA also had a brutal winter. This will be my first NCL cruise and it looks like it will be fun. Its been a few years since I have cruised so I'm really looking forward to a relaxing week. Rick

:)Hi everyone. I am looking to find some solo cruising buddies myself. I love cruising and want to get back into the groove of it all. I am 30years old this month and really enjoy life and meeting new people. If any of you are like me and want to travel and see the world, I would love to connect and maybe we could become cruising buddies someday. Happy cruising to everyone.!!

BTW- I am trying to plan a summer cruise to the Caribbean and another one to western Caribbean next March. I can do as many as God will let me in between time as well. :)

Hey what's up..I'm Scott from ny.i am going to be 30 (not like I'm looking forward to that lol) I would love to find a cruise buddy. I'm thinking about going on one this summer. Last year I was on the breakaway. Amazing ship.where do you usually leave from? I only left from New York on all of my cruises.(2 carnival,1 royal Caribbean and ncl last year). I have air miles saved up maybe I will try another port one day lol. Tell me about yourself. It's nice knowing someone else loves to travel and loves cruise I always felt this was weird looking for a cruise buddy but hey I said everyone else are the weird ones!

-Scott

Hey what's up..I'm Scott from ny.i am going to be 30 (not like I'm looking forward to that lol) I would love to find a cruise buddy. I'm thinking about going on one this summer. Last year I was on the breakaway. Amazing ship.where do you usually leave from? I only left from New York on all of my cruises.(2 carnival,1 royal Caribbean and ncl last year). I have air miles saved up maybe I will try another port one day lol. Tell me about yourself. It's nice knowing someone else loves to travel and loves cruise I always felt this was weird looking for a cruise buddy but hey I said everyone else are the weird ones!

-Scott

Hey Scott. My name is Lena! I am not looking forward to 30 either but am trying to embrace because it is inevitable, lol... Anyhow, I live in Texas but I am from Florida so I am cruising mostly from Florida. The prices are cheaper there for me, as my family lives in Orlando, thus if I leave from Port Canaveral I don't have to pay for parking or hotel. :) I am open to departing from other places although I don't have air miles. :( Not sure what you would like to know exactly but I am just starting to be more open to seeing the world on my own if I have to. No one I know can afford it or has the desire to do it. Cruising is great! It is all inclusive for the most part and you get to see more places in a short amount of time. I would love to do a Mediterranean cruise and South American Cruise too. I would love to get to know you more and who knows, maybe we be on a cruise together some time soon!

Lena