Upgrade Offer - thoughts

leehal

Cruising on the Eclipse to Norway in May, it is our first cruise so would appreciate thoughts on these upgrade offers we received today, all from an inside cabin:-

To a balcony £130pp

To a concierge suite £150pp

To Aqua class £170pp

We were unable to book any of the aboveat the time, our only choice was either a full suite for £2,500 or an inside suite for £800!

I am sure the information is on here, however, I don't have time to trawl through the forum at the moment as they need an answer quickly and I am at work, any help appreciated!

I, too, would take the balcony. The concierge cabin is the same size and comes with some perks that aren't worth that much to me. Whether you would like an Aqua Class depends on if you would enjoy the amenities of dining in Blu and the other spa perks. But a balcony is definitely worth it!

Another vote for take the balcony - or any of them!! For price being asked, they are all pretty much a bargain, for me, balcony would suffice, or as someone else said, Aqua, as a real treat/to eat at Blu. (it still has balcony)

For a first cruise, especially to somewhere so scenic and serene as Norway, to have a balcony to wake up to, and enjoy the view with a cuppa, is priceless.

Lucky first time cruiser you are. :)

I have never seen an offer like this from Celebrity.:eek:

I am not sure what the rate amount is equal to in US dollars, but I would snap up at least the balcony offer. If it were us, we would take the AQ. The views out of BLU could be spectacular if it is daylight. You can not only eat dinner in BLU, but breakfast is also available.

Edited by Iamthesea

I would definitely recommend the upgrade to balcony cabin for the extra space and amazing views.

If it was me I would grab the Aqua Class offer with both hands. Dining in Blu (breakfast and dinner) is a great experience.

The only caveat I would offer against taking the Aqua Class offer is that some of the cabins are under the gym (noise from treadmills) and the pool deck (noise from sun loungers being dragged)

Definitely Aqua - assuming you can keep all the offers you got when you first booked. Dining in Blu for £40 extra over Balcony price is, IMHO, a "no-brainer'.

Is that the 9th May cruise? I'm booked in an OV, but no email from Celebrity.

Stuart

Edited by Wiltonian

I would do the Aqua upgrade for £170pp. You gain a lot from inside cabin to Aqua class for £11 per day per person. Just curious, what is "an inside suite for £800"?

Think OP meant inside cabin. i.e. when they originally booked, all that was available was a Suite, or an inside cabin. Now they can upgrade to balcony etc for not much at all.

Hope OP comes back to update us!

I would definitely recommend the upgrade to balcony cabin for the extra space and amazing views.

If it was me I would grab the Aqua Class offer with both hands. Dining in Blu (breakfast and dinner) is a great experience.

The only caveat I would offer against taking the Aqua Class offer is that some of the cabins are under the gym (noise from treadmills) and the pool deck (noise from sun loungers being dragged)

Yes, try to get one on the Penthouse Deck 11.

All sound great to me. Does this happen on cruises that are not fully booked? We are sailing in the Baltic early May and our ship still has rooms available. Wonder if I should email our Celebrity vacation planner to see if they have any offers. Don't want to bother them though if it's pointless.

Cruising on the Eclipse to Norway in May, it is our first cruise so would appreciate thoughts on these upgrade offers we received today, all from an inside cabin:-

To a balcony £130pp

To a concierge suite £150pp

To Aqua class £170pp

!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Even if you do not move cabins you will enjoy the Eclipse. A great choice for a first cruise. All the upgrade deals are good value. Personally, I would go for the concierge upgrade because you are likely to get a balcony in a much better position on the ship. Because it is your first cruise you should also experience the main dining room (MDR), which is fabulous. Go for Aqua class on your next cruise, or the one after that, or after that. I dont think you will have the time to experience all that Aqua has to offer. Only my own opinion of course. BUT, you are guaranteed to have a fabulous cruise. It may snow, but you will be used to that in Durham perhaps.

Cheers from Lancashire.

Edited by roygg

Hi,

I am on the same cruise in an inside cabin. I checked this morning with Celebrity before seeing this thread. I was quoted £350pp to upgrade from an inside to a balcony. It looks like the offer you have been made is really good. I would take it for sure :)

Ian

Hi all, sorry for the late reply.

Managed to upgrade to Aqua Class today, ended up having a 'slight disagreement' when I rang Celebrity back. They were quoting a much higher amount today for the upgrade (also adding an increased gratuity fee), I refused to pay the extra saying that the person who offered me the upgrade didn't say that it had a time limit, or in the words of the second person I spoke to that it would change due to the booking system being a 'live system'.

They said they would listen to the original conversation and call me back, ended up they stood by the original price and we've booked. £350 for the 2 of us. Room 1549 which is on the Penthouse Floor, but with a restricted view, better than no view at all though! Doesn't look too bad from the Youtube video. Right by the elevators (hopefully not an issue from what I've read) but under the pool/deck which may be more of an issue.

Love the idea of Blu, we weren't intending on using the speciality restaurants so Blue seemed like a good upgrade. Breakfasts look lovely too.

Feeling really excited about the trip now, getting closer.

Hi,

I am on the same cruise in an inside cabin. I checked this morning with Celebrity before seeing this thread. I was quoted £350pp to upgrade from an inside to a balcony. It looks like the offer you have been made is really good. I would take it for sure :)

Ian

Just about everytime that I read about an upgrade or upgrade offer, this good, it is offered to new cruisers. :(

Just about everytime that I read about an upgrade or upgrade offer, this good, it is offered to new cruisers. :(

I about to ask how you had the luck to be offered an upgrade.

We've never sailed higher than a 1A balcony and never been offered an upgrade!!!

I imagine there's plenty of space left on the ship, so they want the insides available to offer the public cabins at Rock bottom prices.

Not sure why we were offered the upgrade, they did mention they were working on them at the moment.

When we booked the only alternative to an inside was a suite, checked the other day and all cabin options apart from inside were available for new bookings, all at good rates too.

We did miss out on any OBC, free parking etc.