Specialty dining reservations disappeared

RachelG

I was just checking my dining reservations on Explorer (we embark on Sept 14). I was just wanting to check the time of one of them. Lo and behold, they had all vanished. I was able to go in and re-reserve at all the times and dates that I had originally selected, but I wonder what would have happened if I had not noticed this. I have the emails from Regent with my confirmations, so I know I made the reservations previously.

Anyway, if anyone is sailing soon, recommend you go check the reservations.

Rachel, the same thing happened for our November cruise (to some but not all of us on Roll Call). Regent is apparently working on that part of the website. I'd hang on to the reservation confirmation. As you know, Regent holds back some reservations. The email may help you get the time you originally wanted once on board.

Mr. Moore: We are on the 16 Nov TA onboard the Explorer and our reservations have disappeared three times. Twice a Regent rep personally reinstated them and recommended we keep a hard copy of the reservation. At no time did we try to modify the reservations. Your Regent rep stated that this was an ongoing problem with several passengers. Hopefully, it will all work out.

Z and TB

Hi Rachel - we are currently troubleshooting this issue. Did you make any changes to an existing reservation at any point?

I did not make any changes. It was just by chance that I caught it, as I wanted to check the time of one of the reservations.

This does show me the importance of keeping those email confirmations. Has never happened before to me at least, and I have made probably over 100 specialty restaurant reservations over the years.

BTW, thanks for your participation on this board.

I had a problem two or three weeks ago in making reservations on the Explorer. Reservations showed up as confirmed but went away when I signed out or came back the next day. Had to talk with Regent reservations and had a problem getting the reservations back that I had previously confirmed. In fact they couldn't be restored exactly as I had booked them, but after a day or so the reservation department was able to come up with something close to the original ones.

It seemed that there was a problem because the web site did not display a confirmation button or some sort of button that had to be clicked to finalize the reservation. But the reservation would show up as confirmed in an area near the top of the screen nevertheless. Supposedly this glitch was reported to the IT department at that time. Not sure if this might be the same problem that other people are having.

I checked today and the dining reservations that Regent made are still showing up as confirmed.

Yes, thanks to Mike for jumping in on this immediately. That is good customer service in my view.

After reading Rachel’s dining post I looked at our reservations and all is well with our dining but not with excursions. We had booked the caves tour in Malaga because Alhambra was “sold out” upon review we had no excursions listed. The same in Funchal our “ride down the hill in a basket tour” is not reserved and now is “sold out”. However the Granada/Alhambra tour was available to book so I reserved it but the website is not accepting my payment.

On the “bright side” we are looking forward to meeting with our Mariner friends, Travelcat and Mr. Rumor from last September, cannot believe that it has been a year!

• 2 weeks later...

Have these website booking issues been fixed yet?

I am still unable to see one of our booked shore excursions for a cruise on Mariner (although Regent UK confirm that it is definitely reserved for us)

Also unable to book Culinary Kitchen sessions on Explorer on-line (again the Regent UK office has reserved on our behalf)

Good morning flossie. We found an issue where if dining reservations were cancelled for one restaurant the website was cancelling them for all restaurants, but have been unable to reproduce the issue with reservations not being able to be confirmed. In regards to your other issues, can you please send me an email at mmoore@oceaniaregent.com with details of your booking number in regards to the shore excursion you are not seeing on the website?

The but with UK guests being unable to reserve culinary classes online is a known issue that is currently being researched.

Edited by Mike Moore

Thanks, Mike

I have just sent you an email about our 'disappearing' shore excursion

If the inability to book Culinary Kitchen sessions on Explorer on-line is a known issue, why not post a note to that effect on the relevant webpages so that UK guests know they have to book by phone; otherwise some probably just think that all sessions are already full

We are on the November 16th Explorer cruise also. I made my dinner reservations at 7am and "lo and behold" to all the times and dates I wanted. They showed as booked. Then another cruise posted that his reservations had disappeared so I went to check on ours. Ours were gone too. I would make one reservation and it showed as booked, then when I made another one the previous one disappeared. After doing this for 10 minutes and getting frustrated. I called Regent. The agent was able to make reservations but not the times or days I wanted. I did get a confirmation email and have been checking every day. So far, they are still there. No problems with our tours. For whatever reason something is wrong when making reservations on the Explorer. Very frustrating.

Rachel, have a great cruise. We were booked on that cruise and then changed to November. Although the ports were good, it was only 10 days and no sea days. Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Forevertravel:)

We are on the November 16th Explorer cruise also. I made my dinner reservations at 7am and "lo and behold" to all the times and dates I wanted. They showed as booked. Then another cruise posted that his reservations had disappeared so I went to check on ours. Ours were gone too. I would make one reservation and it showed as booked, then when I made another one the previous one disappeared. After doing this for 10 minutes and getting frustrated.

Forevertravel - would you mind emailing me with your booking information so we can review the logs to help us troubleshoot the scenario you are describing?