Singapore public transit question

BCHappyGal

Greetings from the sunny island of Singapore

You can take the North South Line (Red Line) to get to either Choa Chu Kang Station( transfer to Bus no: 927) or to Ang Mo kio (transfer to Bus: 138)

The journey times are quite long about an hour or so each way. Furthermore, if you intend to stay until late at the night safari, be prepared to take a taxi back. I have seen tourists who arrived back at those two stations only to find out they can't go back to the city as the trains service have ended for the day.

Check for last train timings and bus timings to ensure you can connect to the train back to the city at the station.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and enjoy Singapore.

Greetings from the sunny island of Singapore

You can take the North South Line (Red Line) to get to either Choa Chu Kang Station( transfer to Bus no: 927) or to Ang Mo kio (transfer to Bus: 138)

The journey times are quite long about an hour or so each way. Furthermore, if you intend to stay until late at the night safari, be prepared to take a taxi back. I have seen tourists who arrived back at those two stations only to find out they can't go back to the city as the trains service have ended for the day.

Check for last train timings and bus timings to ensure you can connect to the train back to the city at the station.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and enjoy Singapore.

Thank you!

I suggest taking a taxi. Taxis are very inexpensive in Singapore.

Yes, especially if you can avoid the peak hour surcharge, which will add 25% to the metered fare.

Peak hour surcharge Additional

Mon – Fri: 6.00am to 9.30am 25% of metered fare

Mon – Sun & Public Holidays: 6.00pm to midnight 25% of metered fare

WE are in Singapore overnight on the cruise ship and want to go to the Night Zoo

Can anyone give me directions on how to get to the zoo from the pier using public transit

The Night Safari is pretty far out and not so convenient via public transport. You are better off taking a taxi, especially if you can get 4 pax to share.

We also want to do the Night Safari when we overnight in Singapore so really appreciate the responses on this board. Does anyone have any idea of the approximate cost of a taxi from the port?

Which port in Singapore? If from MBCC there will be a surcharge. Anyway probably not more than sgd$30 during off peak hours. :)

Which port in Singapore? If from MBCC there will be a surcharge. Anyway probably not more than sgd$30 during off peak hours. :)

I believe that Millennium does dock at Marina Bay so do appreciate your response.

Another question. Would it be best to pre-buy Night Zoo tickets online? I am thinking this might avoid some lining up once there. Thanks for any information.

I believe that Millennium does dock at Marina Bay so do appreciate your response.

Another question. Would it be best to pre-buy Night Zoo tickets online? I am thinking this might avoid some lining up once there. Thanks for any information.

Yes http://www.nightsafari.com.sg/buy-online/?gclid=CNH18Pzt9ckCFcuOaAodqT4KBA

If I may suggest, do have early dinner and stock up your water supply with purchases from 7-Eleven before you make your way to Night Safari. The taste and prices are not "very appealing" IMO. :)

I have tried all the different ways of travelling to the night safari and zoo from the city area and don't recommend public transport even though it is normally really efficient to go to many other places the location of the wildlife parks mean you have to make train line changes and then get a bus from the nearest station which can take as long as an hour and a half depending where you start from and then you would have a dilemma getting back if you leave too late as services stop for the night.

I find the taxi fare cheap enough and I have personally never paid more than 35 SGD each way even with late hour surcharge and CBD surcharge, here is a link to one of my favorite tools for planning travel in Singapore gothere.sg i have already entered the details in for you and it gives you the estimated times /costs and details for the method of transport (you can also get the app for your phone).

http://gothere.sg/maps#q:marina%20bay%20cruise%20centre%20to%20singapore%20zoological%20gardens%20(zoo)%20%2F%20night%20safari

There is another option to get there with entry price included which would only require you to make your way to Suntec or The Singapore Flyer from the cruise terminal (neither are that far away).

http://www.ducktours.com.sg/nightsafari.php

In 2012, when we went to the Night Zoo we used one of the shuttle/tourist bus transfers which had our hotel as one of the pick-up points. The cost was $9 SGD return and we also got a discount for the zoo admission fee. We just had to meet in the foyer of the hotel and at the relevant bus stop outside the zoo entrance for the return trip.

Do an internet search for shuttle/tourist bus transfers to the night zoo and pick a location/hotel near the Cruise Terminal. Also check out http://www.nightsafari.com.sg and http://www.citytours.sg which has return transfers for $13.90 SGD with pickup from any hotel.

It is a lovely zoo and we have visited during the day and evening. We thought we would see more nocturnal animals but during the trip around the grounds in the dark, they used spotlights from the train to find the animals. As a result we mainly saw the everyday zoo animals, elephants etc.

There are other activities, shows etc. and on a lovely balmy Singapore evening, nothing is better.

Edited by joll