What is a must do on Oasis?

maryjaden

I am cruising with my daughters (13 & 18) on Oasis the end of March. This will be our 3rd RCCL cruise, first time on this class of ship. We will be traveling with my sister and family, who are D+. We've booked shows, plan on cupcake decorating, looking for small wonders and Gary the Gnome. We will be making reservations for dynamic dining and some specialty restaurants. We are sailing the western Caribbean. Does anyone have suggestions for a must do or see on this cruise?

Small Wonders,

These are very often missed even by prolific Cruisers, You will see telescope like things you look into, these are found all over the Ship and will pass on a good many hours searching, think it says there are 42 but you will only find 37.

The Flowrider will be busy end of March with all the families on Spring Break. If your daughters are interested in trying it I highly recommend signing up for a private lesson one of the first days. They will have time to learn it better versus standing in a long line later when it is open to everyone. And have them bring / wear a swim shirt as bikini tops definitely come off many times otherwise.

We like many of the activities like karaoke, group games, and trivia contests. "Majority rules" is a fun one. There are a few parades during the week in the Promenade - go early if you want to find a good place to watch it.

Do all the shows as they are great. It is also fun to watch a movie when they play it on the big Aqua Theater screens.

Have a great cruise - Oasis class are our favorites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Small Wonders,

Whilst everybody is queuing to do the Flow Rider, Zip Line, Pools, Merry go Round and all the other High Activity events, Go search for the Small Wonders, you will love them. Our Favourites Blue Feet Birds, Surf Board and the Road.

Go do it find them all

A pleasant surprise was the fountain show. Probably not a big deal if you miss it, but I would recommend if it does fit into your schedule. Warning - the water splashes much further than during a dive show. Getting sprayed was actually part of the fun!!

A pleasant surprise was the fountain show. Probably not a big deal if you miss it, but I would recommend if it does fit into your schedule. Warning - the water splashes much further than during a dive show. Getting sprayed was actually part of the fun!!

I agree with you about the fountain show, it was really enjoyable even though it was short.

Don't miss the aqua shows, they really do a good job. The ice shows are pretty impressive too.

There is so much to do on this ship. Take a highlighter along to highlight the things you want to do on the Cruise Compass.

I enjoyed taking a free tour of the Central Park. It is a tour of about an hour. You walk with the horticulturist and get to see how the "living wall" was constructed. You learn how they get the trees onboard and you meet the people that take care of all the plants. I was fascinated with the information I learned. When they took her to dry dock in Holland, all the plants were replaced. They have never done it before and they anticipated that they would lose all the tropical plants.

Have fun!

This question may seem a little out of place but I don't have a thread starter button only reply 😕 my question is about getting speciality coffee with the premium bar package I love cappuccino in the morning but have no idea where you can get it. Thanks in advance for your help ☺

This question may seem a little out of place but I don't have a thread starter button only reply 😕 my question is about getting speciality coffee with the premium bar package I love cappuccino in the morning but have no idea where you can get it. Thanks in advance for your help ☺

The Premium package does not include specialty coffee. You would need to upgrade to the Ultimate package to have specialty coffee in addition to cocktails.

Specialty coffee is available at restaurants and other venues depending on the ship. For example, on Vision and Radiance class ships, you can get specialty coffee at Cafe Latte-tudes. On Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class, at Cafe Promenade.

Ride the carousel! Be sure to take pictures while you're on it.

You posted that on Gina's birthday, She rode it while I took pictures. Maybe this time the other way around. Or maybe I'll use the go-pro and share the excitement.