Tea drinkers beware!

omc329

From an NCL tea drinking Brit, I can assure you that in no way is Litpon decent tea!!

Ever since I tried to brew a cup with 4 bags on my 1st NCL cruise 5 years ago and it got nowhere decent enough to drink I have resorted to bringing my own - struggling to believe that there is anything worse than Lipton :eek:

There isn't. Sorry OP ;) I was at a job where all they served was Lipton (for very obvious reasons :cool:) and if I'd forget to bring my tea, I'd be forced to use theirs with multiple tea bags. I thought I was the only one when a co-worker came into the kitchen area one day, saw me and said "I thought it was just me."

From an NCL tea drinking Brit, I can assure you that in no way is Litpon decent tea!!

Ever since I tried to brew a cup with 4 bags on my 1st NCL cruise 5 years ago and it got nowhere decent enough to drink I have resorted to bringing my own - struggling to believe that there is anything worse than Lipton :eek:

+1

Last month Jade had Twinings English Breakfast from the fancy box. Great first thing.

I can't speak to the tea, but the nasty imitation syrup isn't limited to NCL. I've started bringing my own bottle of maple. I'm also bringing my own fresh coffee beans, hand grinder and pour-over brewer. I've yet to have a decent cup of coffee on a ship. Well... Costa did have good cappuccinos.

The French press coffee on getaway was amazing!

Although we are morning coffee drinkers, we love to have tea post-dinner. I find it helps digest the food better than a coffee does.

I love my lemon green tea and some others I have from David's Tea.

What about sweetener for coffee? I typically use Sugar Twin or Splenda. What do they have on the Epic?

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

Although we are morning coffee drinkers, we love to have tea post-dinner. I find it helps digest the food better than a coffee does.

I love my lemon green tea and some others I have from David's Tea.

What about sweetener for coffee? I typically use Sugar Twin or Splenda. What do they have on the Epic?

Just off the Sun and they had regular sugar, sugar in the raw, the pink sweet-n-low, the yellow splenda and the blue equal.

Harriet

This!

I am a Canadian living in the US and I find all the tea here really weak. Even the same brands we get in Canada are not the same here, they are much weaker.

I had my sister bring me two boxes of tetly bold when me met on our cruise last week.

I will importing all my tea from Canada.

Lois

If you look at the ingredients, they are all the same on NCL. The packets are yellow, pink, & blue, but all say Nutrasweet.

Get out! Really? I wished I would have looked. I'm so used to the 'colors' being a different type and usually only go for 'pink' because I like sweet-n-low.

Harriet

I'd like to know about the iced tea as well. Is it that nasty fountain stuff?

And if you bring your own tea, where are you getting the hot water?

I always get my hot water from the coffee machine. they usually have regular, decaf, and hot water dispensers on the machines.

I don't usually like the iced tea on any ship. I usually take my biggest Tervis Tumbler, and brew some tea, and add ice to it when I'm ready to drink it. Hope this helps!

Hi! I like Lipton, but, perhaps I just don't know any better - what brand tea do you drink - I wanna try some! Thanks!

In an effort to continue our commitment to improving guests’ dining and beverage experience we have recently introduced a new tea program featuring Field & Selects tea products. Field & Selects teas are handpicked, 100 percent organic teas with no artificial colorings or flavors.

In an effort to continue our commitment to improving guests’ dining and beverage experience we have recently introduced a new tea program featuring Field & Selects tea products. Field & Selects teas are handpicked, 100 percent organic teas with no artificial colorings or flavors.

Dear Norwegian Cruise Line....

This brand stinks. It has no flavor. Has anyone at NCL actually tried it? Thanks for trying something new......however, it just doesn't cut it. Please bring back what you had.

Thank you,

Harriet

We just returned from a cruise on the Sun. They are in the process of replacing Lipton tea with an unknown, unusable tea brand. I kid you not, this stuff tastes like SOAP! It takes several tea bags, 2, 3 or more????, to get the stuff to steep a pot to any reasonable color, IF you can stand to drink it. This is from someone who is not overly choosey on brands, ie, I drink Lipton, Bigelow, Twinings, and most other major brands. Even the waiter in Le Bistro sort of indicated that the complaints had been numerous and to let NCL know as he was helpless to fix the situation.

IF you enjoy a cup of tea, BRING YOUR OWN and when you get back, if you feel the same as myself AND my sisters did about the new brand, LET NCL KNOW!

I'll do some sort of overall review on the cruise later. I wanted a separate thread for the tea drinkers to be aware, regardless of ship, there is a potential for tea issues. I'm as bad about my morning tea as many coffee drinkers out there, and wanted to let others be warned.

(For the record, yes I enjoyed the cruise, and the leftover Lipton bags that were scrounged up for my sisters and myself.)

Why let NCL know? We've been letting them know for years that the syrup sucks and they still have the same sucky syrup. Complaining won't change the tea either.

Celebrity started carrying this brand of tea in early 2014. There are some rather disparaging comments in the forums over there, as well. Apparently it's a somewhat new commercial food service brand based in Singapore (as previously mentioned) that some cruise lines are starting to use because it's cheaper. (There's also some degree of controversy about the company, but that's neither here nor there.)

I will point out that belladonna can be "handpicked" and "100% organic" as well, but I'm not going to drink that steeped in water, either.