Cabin door decoration

Katng0826

.. also there is a FB page called "Carnival Cruisers....decorate your doors" you can join, the main issue with that is they strongly urge you not to use anything that is not flame retardant but the only thing that really can happen is the cruise line make you remove your decorations if they're not up to their standard so I say just go for it and see what happens lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I disagree. Carnival will eventually ban door decorations entirely.

Carnival will use the excuse that the rules were not followed so in the interest of safety all door decorations will be banned.

We now have staggered check in because people didn't follow the request to show up at certain times

Sail and Sign cards are now going to be in the mailbox because people didn't read the fire door sign and went to staterooms early.

We can't bring bottled water on board because too many people were smuggling booze.

I don't normally decorate the door but our cruise on June 11,2017. (5 days) I have garden flags and magnets. We have 6 rooms and several kids and probably a drunk or two, so figure they can find all our rooms if they are somewhat alike. If we have to take them down then not a problem. also easy to carry for they roll up.

I disagree. Carnival will eventually ban door decorations entirely.

Carnival will use the excuse that the rules were not followed so in the interest of safety all door decorations will be banned.

We now have staggered check in because people didn't follow the request to show up at certain times

Sail and Sign cards are now going to be in the mailbox because people didn't read the fire door sign and went to staterooms early.

We can't bring bottled water on board because too many people were smuggling booze.

Very true! But we can try with the door decorations anyway lol.. really not trying to end it and if it is banned eventually it won't be the end of the world for me but I do agree it will be banned if rules are not followed [emoji853]

We usually put something on our doors because we travel with groups and small children. It makes it easier to find everyone. Never had anything taken.

OP: some of the ships don't have magnetic doors, something to consider if you are making magnets.

We tried some magnets on Magic, but they weren't strong enough. They would stick on, but if the door slammed, they fell off. They were just some little fridge magnets that were words and also a flower magnet. I've used a curly streamer before to hang from the mailbox, which made it easier to spot our room once we got closer. I'd like to put something on the doors for our family cruise, but haven't decided what to do. It has to pack flat & be cheap.

I usually put a few magnets on my door, simple things like a "greetings from" postcard that I adhered to a magnet. Have also made a few things and put in page protectors then hung the page protector with a magnet. Sometimes switch out the page in the page protector.

Only had something stolen once, guess someone really liked it!

Truly does make cabin easier to spot.

• 3 weeks later...

Decorating the door is just fun for me...adds to the excitement...my adult daughter is used to it and I think looks forward to it. I don't do anything extravagant...just some cute beachy things...and I once put up a magnetic dry erase board from the dollar store...it was a big hit...many people put notes...and the girls loved it....and best of all...makes it easier to find my cabin after a few drinks...lol

I am assuming these meet Carnival's fire standards?
Someone asked if they are flame resistant in their Q&A section and a "staff reviewer" simply said "No." They're made of vinyl, so surely they're more flame resistant than many of the other materials that are usually used to make door decor.