Boarding Times Seem Late?

foodsvcmgr

After more than 50 cruises with various lines, we will be trying Princess finally with a Mexico sailing on RUBY PRINCESS in November.

Looking at the boarding times on the personaliser, they start at 1 PM and run through 2:45, ours is 2:15 based on our Emerald Deck mini-suite.

Every other cruise in recent years starts boarding 11:30-12 Noon or so.

Are these late times the norm for Princess?

Are they enforced?

How does anyone make it to the MDR embarkation lunch that I understand is 12-1:30 if these are the check-in times?

Any input would be appreciated from regular Princess cruisers.

Thanks.

We went to the Mexican Riviera and boarding time was listed at 12:30. We arrived early and 11:30 and sat until about 12.00. They boarded based on the number they handed you after checking in. It didn't seem to matter what time you had been given. We were on board by 12:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Kathy

The staggered boarding times by deck are a suggestion to spread out when people arrive, I've never seen it strictly enforced. No matter where I've boarded check in usually starts at 10:30-11am and actual boarding 11:30am to 12 noon.

Like others, we ignore the boarding time listed on our documents. Only one time have we had to wait. That was in San Pedro and everybody had to wait a really loooooooooooooong time. I believe the immigration people were the problem. The ship ended up leaving late and they had to move the Muster back by more than an hour. It was a total zoo.

ah good to know. i just noticed the "suggested" boarding times and as super curious and it seemed to be cutting it a bit close to when you needed to be on ship. i'm in LA, so i'll probably get there around 10:30 and hope for the best. thanks!

my last day at work with a printer is the Monday before the cruise, i hope they assign our cabin before that. if i print the boarding pass before my cabin is assigned, they can figure it out at the port, right?

Edited by vampiress

my last day at work with a printer is the Monday before the cruise, i hope they assign our cabin before that. if i print the boarding pass before my cabin is assigned, they can figure it out at the port, right?
The porters will have a list and be able to fill out luggage tags for you if your cabin isn't assigned. I wouldn't bother printing out luggage tags if you don't have a cabin yet.

You can print out the "generic" tags while you still have the opportunity.

If you know your cabin number after that, you can just write it on the tags.