Princess Vacation Protection

Clampram

I can't find the cost of this listed anywhere. I think that it should be $169 pp for a 10 day cruise.

Does that sound right? Need to pay for this before final payment.

Thanks

Go to Cruise Personlizer under your booking summary, you'll see a box on the middle right side titled Guest Checkin, it''s towards the bottom of the list, click on Princess Vacation Protection, that will give you the cost for your cruise.

I can't find the cost of this listed anywhere. I think that it should be $169 pp for a 10 day cruise.

Thanks

For the standard plan, it's 8% of the fare, for the Platinum, it's 12%. I think the rates go down 1% if the fare is over $2,500. Age is not a factor.

Thanks

Believe these are the rates based on individual cruise fares. Check with Princess to be sure they haven’t changed.

Up to $2499.99

Vacation Protection 8% of fare

Platinum Protection 12% of fare

$2,500 to $4,999.99

Vacation Protection 7% of fare

Platinum Protection 11% of fare

$5,000 and greater

Vacation Protection 6% of fare

Platinum Protection 10% of fare

There is some fine print.

Captain’s Circle members at ruby level or higher and reside in the U.S. or Canada receive platinum protection for the price of standard vacation protection.

Edited by sknight

Thank you all! I did set this up today since our final payment is Sept 10th I believe. It was $159 pp for a 10 day cruise. Well worth it after the people that we have seen get airlifted out.............wouldn't want to pay for a helicopter!!!

Thank you all! I did set this up today since our final payment is Sept 10th I believe. It was $159 pp for a 10 day cruise. Well worth it after the people that we have seen get airlifted out.............wouldn't want to pay for a helicopter!!!

You made the right decision. We also don't travel without trip insurance.

I have just one thing to say. My wife got sick on a cruise by the time we got home it cost me over 10K. Take the insurance it's a lot less.

Tony

Ouch! Insurance does, as you say, cost a lot less.

Our friends used to say that we were silly to buy the insurance. That is until a medical issue caused us to have to cancel 20 days before a cruise. Full refund (less insurance cost). Missing the cruise hurt, however, losing the cruise fare would have hurt a lot more. Getting that refund enabled us to take the same cruise 9 months later. You don't always have to have a medical issue on board the ship for the insurance to make sense.

Always happy to pay the premium, especially if we don't need to use the insurance, if you know what I mean. ;)

Edited by ar1950