Hotel in Barcelona

sissykim

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Barcelona, convenient to port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The search function is back up and running so I suggest you do a search on this board as this questions has been asked a million times and there is a lot of info here.

We were very happy with the Tryp Apolo Hotel on Avingunda Paral-lel. It is four blocks from the statue of Christopher Columbus at the port.

In fact, we could see the statue and the port from our window.

Highly recommend.

Hotel 1898 was wonderful. Right on Las Rambles and walkable to so many things - great restaurants, the famous market, etc. It is a quick five to 10 minute cab ride to the port.

Agree...it's hard to beat this hotel and it's location..depending on your budget...but it was worth it to us for 2 nights post-cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Venere website is great for finding hotels in Europe. You can pick the location and price range.

You didn't indicate price range. We have stayed in a nice three star when we were on a budget, paid about 70 Euros per night. It was the Hotel Astoria in the Diagonal area.

We also stayed in the expensive hotel right by the Marina, but it was a part of a tour. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to pay 300 Euros.

Another wonderful hotel is the Hotel Colon...directly opposite the Cathedral. Absolutely wonderful view of the Cathedral and surroundings from the balcony terraces. We stayed there last October...and will stay there again this October.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/

Between this site which will show you locations for the hotels as well as using trip advisor reviews and ratings, you can find some great spots near the port area. We stayed at HOTEL JAZZ too. Loved the hotel as well as location. Near the action but not in the middle of the crowds.

Agreed! We were having difficulty finding a hotel that could accommodate 3 people. Hotel Jazz

offered the room we wanted at a reasonable price. We loved the location and the ability to tour

La Ramblas on foot.

Every hotel in Barcelona is "close to the port", meaning just a short walk or cab ride away!

We liked Hotel Jazz so much last time, we are heading right back there again in the Fall.

Central location, modern rooms, and walkable to everywhere - including the waterfront!

As it was so easy to get around Barcelona, I would suggest narrowing down your hotel based on amenities you desire and price.

GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at the Hotel Arts, it is a Ritz Carlton. We loved it!

You can read about our stay there beginning here (post 22)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1700095&page=2

Hello Gator Girl:

We are also staying at the Hotel Arts in October. A quick question if you don't mind:

How long was the trip to the port and are there any stores close by to pick up things for the cruise like water, shampoo, and other small things?

The Barcelona port is essentially alongside the city. Any hotel adjacent to La Rambla, in the Gothic Quarter, around Placa Catalunya, and somewhat north of Placa Catalunya close to Passeig de Gracia is convenient to the port.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Please don't let rude responses turn you off to cruise critic. Irregardless of how many times a question may be asked - this forum is meant to help each other … not to show your nasty side.

Good luck with your search sissykim

Happy sails

~ Liz

Please don't let rude responses turn you off to cruise critic. Irregardless of how many times a question may be asked - this forum is meant to help each other … not to show your nasty side.

Happy sails

~ Liz

Couldn't agree with you more, Liz. Well said. I find CC an invaluable tool in planning for our cruises and I am grateful to those who kindly share their travel experiences with others. Then you have the not so kind ones...and I will leave it at that!

Dolfans from Miami

Edited by dolfans0704

Happy sails

~ Liz

I've read and re-read the posts on this thread and, frankly, I fail to see anything there that rises to the level of rudeness or insults. No one disputes the fact that people do post rude posts. However, a little reality-check seems to be in order in this particular situation.

The OP asked a question about hotels in Barcelona with one criterion only: convenience to port. We don't know what the OP wants in terms of...

... price range

... or number of people who will share the room

... or the OP's feelings about being on/off La Rambla

... or whether the OP has any discounts from US hotel chains

... or any one of a number of factors which impact hotel selection.

We'll agree to disagree, but I don't think answering the question that was asked without naming a hotel is rude.

I've read and re-read the posts on this thread and, frankly, I fail to see anything there that rises to the level of rudeness or insults. .

AGREE....Who was rude? Unless a post was deleted by the monitor...nothing here.:confused:

I've read and re-read the posts on this thread and, frankly, I fail to see anything there that rises to the level of rudeness or insults. No one disputes the fact that people do post rude posts. However, a little reality-check seems to be in order in this particular situation.

The OP asked a question about hotels in Barcelona with one criterion only: convenience to port. We don't know what the OP wants in terms of...

... price range

... or number of people who will share the room

... or the OP's feelings about being on/off La Rambla

... or whether the OP has any discounts from US hotel chains

... or any one of a number of factors which impact hotel selection.

We'll agree to disagree, but I don't think answering the question that was asked without naming a hotel is rude.

really... I think telling someone to do a search is rude. if you dom

n't approve of question move on.

really... I think telling someone to do a search is rude. if you don't approve of question move on.

If post #2 had simply told the OP to do a search, I might be a bit more inclined to agree with you. However, post #2 helpfully shared the news that the previously out-of-service search function was up and running.

If the OP has no preferences, I think telling him/her to find the longest threads on the topic is both practical and kind. At the end of the reading existing threads, the OP will know more about the range of choices than the the limited options that showed up in this thread. (For example, three of those recommendations are on/close to La Rambla, which automatically disqualifies them for some Barcelona visitors. Or consider the recommendation for Hotel Arts, a Ritz Carlton hotel. If the OP isn't looking for something in that price range, that's another "polite" recommendation that turns out to be meaningless.)

I'm not encouraging rudeness! I'm simply saying that sometimes asking the OP to do a bit of homework might be the kindest and most productive response we can offer.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

really... I think telling someone to do a search is rude. if you dom

n't approve of question move on.

Actually I don't see someone telling me to check the forum search as being rude either. :confused: Has nothing with "approving" of a question. :rolleyes:

The OP has posted only 5 times. A newbie.

When I was just learning to navigate the CC site, I had no idea there even was that forum search function. Someone politely told me to try it when I asked for specific information about a ship... Just as the poster did in #2. That suggestion helped me more than anything in speeding along my searches for information. ;)

Suggesting a poster also check hotel ratings, reviews, maps,costs etc. on tripadvisor.com or other good info sites is ALSO helpful, not rude. I see nothing wrong or rude to suggest people check those sites as well as the search forum and then come back to ask for more specific help. There's a lot more to learn than what is in this thread.

Edited by eandj

Hello Gator Girl:

We are also staying at the Hotel Arts in October. A quick question if you don't mind:

How long was the trip to the port and are there any stores close by to pick up things for the cruise like water, shampoo, and other small things?

Hi! You are going to LOVE the Hotel Arts! If you click the link in my signature to my review form the Solstice 2012, I have lots of pictures of the hotel :)

I went back to check my notes...

I did not record the actual time, I would say 30 or less, maybe 20. We did the ho/ho bus in the morning before boarding. We got back to our hotel by 1, picked up our luggage from the Arts, they called us 2 cabs and were boarded by 2. So the whole process of getting back to hotel, luggage, calling cabs, loading, driving to port, took less than 1 hour

We did buy waters, soda, wine at the shop in the port terminal. The hotel does have little cafes near by, I am sure there is a shop (I was not looking for one). The service the hotel provided was wonderful. We even contacted them ahead of time with questions and arrangements. Top-notch service.

We enjoyed it so much, we just booked May 2015!

Edited by CruisingGatorGirl

I am deciding between hotel jazz and europark hotels in Barcelona. They are both owned by the same group. Any advice? Which location is better, or more convenient to sights and transportation.

Thanks!