Empress of the Seas-Cuba

Yes. We took the walking tour around old Havana. Half way through the tour, we boarded a coach for a scenic tour with a stop at a restaurant to sample rum, cigars and coffee. Very interesting and the guide spoke very good English.

Is this the Old Havana Heritage Walking Tour, or the Old Havana City Sightseeing?

Hubs and I are leaning VERY strongly toward the latter.

I am a little concerned about a comment from Karen who sailed on the April 19th inaugural, saying: ....... The VISA from RCL ....You can only leave the ship once. . our ship is an overniter, and we will be there from Wednesday around noon, until Thursday around 8PM...so I would want to get off the ship twice. Was your ship docked for just a short time ?

I am a little concerned about a comment from Karen who sailed on the April 19th inaugural, saying: ....... The VISA from RCL ....You can only leave the ship once. . our ship is an overniter, and we will be there from Wednesday around noon, until Thursday around 8PM...so I would want to get off the ship twice. Was your ship docked for just a short time ?

The Visa is good for your entire stay. You can go and come from the ship. You have to go through immigration each time. The first time they keep the visa and take your picture. After that they compare with the database they created to see how long the visa is for.

The Visa is good for your entire stay. You can go and come from the ship. You have to go through immigration each time. The first time they keep the visa and take your picture. After that they compare with the database they created to see how long the visa is for.

Thanks for this. I read the same concerning info that LIsLO did and panicked.

Appreciate the correct info

So the Cuban people do not accept American money?

Hello, We were in Cuba a few years ago (brits have been going there for a while) and found that most vendors and street sellers all accepted US dollars, we did not have any cuban currency at all.

Hope this helps.

Is this the Old Havana Heritage Walking Tour, or the Old Havana City Sightseeing?

Hubs and I are leaning VERY strongly toward the latter.

We did the Old Havana Heritage tour. About half way through we got on a bus to see more of the city. We also stopped at a restaurant to sample rum, cigars and coffee. Really enjoyed it. Lot of walking

The Nordic Empress was our very first Royal cruise. I don't remember much about her.

We don't mind smaller ships, but how was the entertainment?

Are you happy that you did this cruise? Can you write a small review?

Thank you in advance.:):)

Loved the cruise! I will try to write a review this weekend.

So the Cuban people do not accept American money?

Was just there last week, i ran across a store somewhere in Ciego de Avila and found the prices of soda and cigarettes displayed in CUP,CUC and USD , if i remember it right its 75CUP,2CUC and 2.50 USD for a can of soda. They do accept it but are not always preferred as i was told that when locals try to exchange US at the bank they pay a nominal fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was only a day in port not an overnight ear. As far as I understand you can get on and off multiple times. But you need to go thru their customs each time.