Koningsdam Connecting Cabin ??

Lyndihop

We're looking at booking V6145, but I'm a bit concerned as it's a connecting cabin. I like it because the balcony is slightly larger than normal V cats.

Any feedback on noise /pros/cons would be very appreciated as this is a 24 day cruise. And I definitely want to make the right cabin choice.

I have read here on CC many times about there being a noise issue in the connecting cabins on the Koningsdam. (I cannot speak from personal experience though). If I were picking a cabin, I would avoid connecting cabins. I would rather a quiet cabin with a smaller balcony.

We're looking at booking V6145, but I'm a bit concerned as it's a connecting cabin. I like it because the balcony is slightly larger than normal V cats.

Any feedback on noise /pros/cons would be very appreciated as this is a 24 day cruise. And I definitely want to make the right cabin choice.

We were in a connecting cabin on the K last Sept./Oct. and had no problems at all with noise from the adjoining space. On the balcony, we could hear some conversation but never in the cabin. Enjoy your trip!

We were recently in a connecting Vista Suite - 4116 - and were afraid also because of the connecting room. However we know people were in that room since we saw them on the balcony but never heard anything. No talking, no TV.

We have had both connecting and non connecting cabins on the Koningsdam. It was so much quieter this year in a non connecting cabin. I think it depends on a lot of factors, like if one person is hard of hearing and their spouse shouts or if they get the cough that is prevalent. We could hear everything from our connecting cabin(7141) last year. We had 6199 this year and noise was never a problem.

I had a connecting cabin on Koningsdam and had no issues with excessive noise bleeding over.

YMMV, of course. But IMO, if you have some loud talkers or a hacking cough next door, it's going to keep you up, with or without a connecting door.

Just from a space POV, the non-connecting would be preferable. But I wouldn't give up a desired balcony/location for it.

We were in a connecting cabin on the K last Sept./Oct. and had no problems at all with noise from the adjoining space. On the balcony, we could hear some conversation but never in the cabin. Enjoy your trip!

We were in 6142 for 2 weeks and this is the same as our experience.

We have had connecting cabins on different ships and different cruise lines and it has never been an issue. There have been times when we were in non-connecting cabins when we heard noise! Once from a TV and once from two guys fighting in their cabin at 2 am.