ft lauderdale hotel precruise

Icecoldcranberry

:)I am looking for recommendations regarding a hotel for the night before our cruise. We land at Ft. Lauderdale airport shortly before noon so we will have a full 24 hrs before our cruise. We have two kids ages 6 and 8 at time of sail.

Should we stay near the port? Downtown? Near the beach? Is there stuff to do with kids there or is it better to get a hotel with a pool and just relax there?

Can anyone recommend a good hotel?

Is it better to do Priceline? If yes, which zone is best to bid?

Thanks!!!

pa Has anyone ever done that pirate cruise thing?

It depends what you'd like to do and also what time of year. If the weather is bad then you won't he's able to go to the beach or pool. If you want a spacious room, the Hyatt Place on 17th is very nice. They have a small pool, but we liked it a lot. The rooms are huge

Embassy Suites, next door, has a big, nice pool and of course huge rooms, and both properties are right next door to a huge shopping area with grocery stores, restaurants, TJ Max, a nail salon,

Across the street from Dollar Tree, Ross, walkable to a CVS, a Walgreens (1/2 mile) Other properties nearby are Renaissance, decent pool, right across from cruise port.

We have stayed at all of them.

We have paid full price, booked direct, booked via Hotwire, booked via Priceline, Priceline Express, and have always been pleased.

The Crowne Plaza near the port and airport is newly remodeled and comes up on Priceline Express a lot. We won that last May for this past March. It was nice, but the location was not convenient. We had to Uber everywhere. I say this, if hotels are $300 a night on -7th street, and Crown Plaza is $150, pick the Crowne Plaza. On PL Express it will be the 3.5 star property which includes a "shuttle" icon. And you will be able to choose your bed type,

The only other 3.5, star property that comes up in that region is the Riverside, and I love it, but I don't think you would be as comfortable there four of you in a tiny room. However, their pool is really nice, overlooking the river and fancy boats. You will know on PL Express if it is the Riverside, because the room types will say "superior city view" as one option, and the property does not have a free shuttle, so no shuttle icon. I boo-booed last year and got the Crowne instead, but we still enjoyed it anyway.

Also, if you try to check into the Hyatt before 3:00 pm, you might be charged an extra $30, something to keep in mind.

For Priceline Express, you bid downtown cruiseport

I've attached a picture.

I feel like I have more control with PL Express vs PRiceline with choosing my bed types. And with four people, that is very important.

As you can see, the area is a bit vast.

If you want the beach, Lauderdale Beach area is the region you'd want.

Some of those hotels might charge a resort fee

115ae250c058b04f5696993d8a80cdbc.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Awesome! Thanks!!!! Do you know how much a taxi to the pier would be vs a shuttle?

If anything you're better off just getting an Uber XL, might be around $10-$15

*If you stay at the hotels the reply above suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you decide to stay at Hyatt Place best rates are with

http://www.valuetrips.com

We just stayed there...great hotel, location and breakfast. If you're arriving at FLL they offer a shuttle to the hotel for $2.00 per room not per person...we had some family members that used this option.

We've also stayed at and loved Embassy Suites.

Use a taxi to get from hotel to Port Everglades should be approx $12.00.

Hotel shuttle will be $7.00 per person to PE.

If you decide to stay at Hyatt Place best rates are with

www.valuetrips.com

We just stayed there...great hotel, location and breakfast. If you're arriving at FLL they offer a shuttle to the hotel for $2.00 per room not per person...we had some family members that used this option.

We've also stayed at and loved Embassy Suites.

Use a taxi to get from hotel to Port Everglades should be approx $12.00.

Hotel shuttle will be $7.00 per person to PE.

Totally agree with this poster. I booked the Hyatt Place on 17th Street for our cruise this past March thru value trips for a great price of $219. Our flight arrived at 11:30 am, shuttle was there within 10 minutes, check in was easy and we were not charged the $30 fee for early check in. Breakfast was ok, room was large and very comfortable and lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. I highly recommend valuetrips and the Hyatt Place for a pre cruise hotel.

Awesome! Thanks!!!! Do you know how much a taxi to the pier would be vs a shuttle?

We took a taxi from the Hyatt 17th street to the port and it was $8 and change. We have the driver $15. Beats the hotel shuttle at $7 pp which would be more expensive for 4 of us. Actually tried To reserve Uber via the front desk clerk ( he had a code for first free ride) DH hates Uber but free he didn't argue - well first driver called me back then somehow driver cancelled because he ended up going opppsite direction . Second take and the driver showed up in a car that could not fit 4 plus luggage and we did XL. He wasn't in the vehicle it stated on the app. Was very concerned so cancelled that on a and got a taxi. Easy ride and non issues. Next time we will stick with taxis

Totally agree with this poster.

the Hyatt Place on 17th Street

we were not charged the $30 fee for early check in.

l.

We were, but we arrived at 10:00 am

My travel agent recommended the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Hotel - but we have IHG points, so I was hoping to hear something good about Holiday Inn Express? Anybody have any input on these?

We have stayed several times at the Holiday Inn Express, the one close to airport and cruise terminal. We have enjoyed our stay all times, though it has been a couple of years since we lasted visited. We will be doing a pre-cruise night with them in June.

Note: There is or was a very good German restaurant about a block away from the hotel.

We have stayed several times at the Holiday Inn Express, the one close to airport and cruise terminal. We have enjoyed our stay all times, though it has been a couple of years since we lasted visited. We will be doing a pre-cruise night with them in June.

The hotel is in the midst of a renovation project - adding another block of rooms and a pool - that still has a couple of months to go I think. I don't know if it has any impact (noise, inconvenience) on guests.

The hotel is in the midst of a renovation project - adding another block of rooms and a pool - that still has a couple of months to go I think. I don't know if it has any impact (noise, inconvenience) on guests.

Please correct me if I am wrong but I think he meant the Holiday Inn Express on 84 that's a block from the German restaurant.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on rte 84 many times with no issues. Great value for money considering the rates that are always much lower than the Holiday Inn Express on 17th.

I've tried the Holiday Inn Express on 17th one time when there was a rate special and you are correct - construction at the back! Also, the east facing rooms look straight into the back of an office building. Depressing! I will stay there only if the rate is much lower than the Hyatt Place or Hilton Marina for example and then I will demand a west-facing room!

It appears the new construction are extending the rooms at the back past the office building so those east-facing rooms will have better views which will be great!

But for some reason that Holiday Inn on 17th is always expensive - at least every time I check.

We are once again staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th.

We enjoy the hotel and the closeness (walking distance) to stores and dining

It has gone thru some renovations over the past 5 years and most of the suites are modernized.

and of course like everything else, the price has gone up over the years.

Safe travels.

Note: There is or was a very good German restaurant about a block away from the hotel.

Oohh - my husband was stationed in Germany and loves German food - thanks for the tip! Is this the one that is on State Road 84 or the one that is on 17th Street? They both are listed as Holiday Inn Airport/Cruise! Thank you!

Oohh - my husband was stationed in Germany and loves German food - thanks for the tip! Is this the one that is on State Road 84 or the one that is on 17th Street? They both are listed as Holiday Inn Airport/Cruise! Thank you!

Oh wait - I think I spoke too soon!

So State Route 84 is close to the German Restaurant, and 17th Street has renovations, right?

Oh wait - I think I spoke too soon!

So State Route 84 is close to the German Restaurant, and 17th Street has renovations, right?

Yes!

Here is a clear map with both hotels shown and the Heidelberg Restaurant. I've not eaten at the Heidelberg so Tripadvisor or Yelp may be best for research.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=18dW3qGQJEMIv-xl9yhVqCW5yfcA&ll=26.092057576362915%2C-80.15029804786326&z=16

We have stayed at a few different hotels when staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Couldn't pay me to stay at the Hyatt Place again. Hilton Marina is really nice with a great pool area. Embassy Suites is WAY overpriced. We started staying at the Doubletree Galleria a few years ago and now won't stay anywhere else. Gorgeous views right on the waterway and lots of places to walk to. There is the Galleria Mall a block away that has many stores and nice restaurants. There is also a Publix and Starbucks across from the mall. Last Minute Travel often has this hotel at a great price!

We have stayed at a few different hotels when staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Couldn't pay me to stay at the Hyatt Place again. Hilton Marina is really nice with a great pool area. Embassy Suites is WAY overpriced. We started staying at the Doubletree Galleria a few years ago and now won't stay anywhere else. Gorgeous views right on the waterway and lots of places to walk to. There is the Galleria Mall a block away that has many stores and nice restaurants. There is also a Publix and Starbucks across from the mall. Last Minute Travel often has this hotel at a great price!

Where is that in relation to the port and do you know how much taxis are etc ?

Hilton Marina has gotten many very poor reviews lately on Trip Advisor and is one of the few hotels that still allows smoking [emoji33]

I recommend Riverside Hotel on Las Olas in the tower section

And the Renaissance, as well as Hyatt Place (if you can secure a rate of no more than $200. ). I don't feel it is worth $300+ and usually get it on points.

:)I am looking for recommendations regarding a hotel for the night before our cruise. We land at Ft. Lauderdale airport shortly before noon so we will have a full 24 hrs before our cruise. We have two kids ages 6 and 8 at time of sail.

Should we stay near the port? Downtown? Near the beach? Is there stuff to do with kids there or is it better to get a hotel with a pool and just relax there?

Can anyone recommend a good hotel?

Is it better to do Priceline? If yes, which zone is best to bid?

Thanks!!!

pa Has anyone ever done that pirate cruise thing?

To the OP!

We got a bit off track I think but my recommendation (given the ages of your kids) is one of the two closest beach areas:

Lauderdale Beach - not knowing your budget, an affordable hotel is the Bahia Mar and it is right next to the Bluefoot Pirate Ship launch area! I have not done the pirate thingy but the reviews are excellent despite the costs. I have watched folks get on and off the boat and judging by the laughs and hollering it appears to be a very jolly experience!

Bahia-Mar-Bluefoot-Pirate-Boat.jpg

Hollywood Beach - There are several hotels but obviously Margaritaville stands out! With its wave pool and other fun stuff it is a winner. And the whole family can enjoy the beach and family-oriented Hollywood boardwalk.

Margaritaville-Wave-Slide.jpg

Hollywood-Boardwalk.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

What were your complaints about Hyatt Place (convention center) ?

We've stayed several times at Embassy Suites but last month stayed at HP for the first time....we liked it much better and so did the extended family that was with us. I considered staying at Doubletree this last month but the reviews I read had it as being tired and needing an update...more bad reviews than good so we opted for HP.

Thanks everyone! Sorry for not responding sooner - I stopped receiving notifications that there was a new post on the thread.

We have a somewhat flexible budget but I don't want to overpay if I don't need to!

Keep the suggestions coming! I will check out the hotels you all have recommended.

Which websites are the best to use to book? i don't have any hotel points so will have to doll our cash.