New to Princess - Question

jcastro1202

Hello All - I've cruised a few times on RCCL, Holland America, Carnival and Celebrity. My husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary onboard the Emerald Princess in March. Can anyone tell me if Princess allows passengers two bottles of wine (per person) as Celebrity does? Need to save money and we are wine drinkers. Your help, suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello All - I've cruised a few times on RCCL, Holland America, Carnival and Celebrity. My husband and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary onboard the Emerald Princess in March. Can anyone tell me if Princess allows passengers two bottles of wine (per person) as Celebrity does? Need to save money and we are wine drinkers. Your help, suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

One bottle each without any charge. Above that there's a $15 corkage fee per bottle.

Policy is the same as Celebrity. Celebrity policy is "Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom"

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/faq/Cel_Alcohol_Policy_07-30-07.pdf

Edited by richstowe

Policy is the same as Celebrity. Celebrity policy is "Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom"

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/pdf/faq/Cel_Alcohol_Policy_07-30-07.pdf

Not quite. I believe Princess is per drinking age adult, not per stateroom.

Don't forget to add your anniversary to your Cruise Personalizer...balloons on your door and delicious anniversary cake :)

This is so interesting! My husband and I changed our Alaskan cruise next July from NCL Jewel to the Crown Princess. We will be on this cruise when our wedding anniversary and my birthday occur.

Thanks!

The policy is NOT the same as Celebrity .

Celebrity policy is 2 bottles per stateroom total (if you drink them in the dining room there's a $25 corkage fee, in the stateroom, free).

(The way it has been interpreted as 2 bottles per person is that if you go through the security lines separately from your "roommate" you can each bring 2 bottles)

Princess policy is that you can bring 2 bottles free but after that you can bring as many as you want for a $15/bottle corkage fee. (If you bring those 2 "free" bottles to the dining room you will also be charged that corkage fee.)

Edited by chamima

This is so interesting! My husband and I changed our Alaskan cruise next July from NCL Jewel to the Crown Princess. We will be on this cruise when our wedding anniversary and my birthday occur.

When you first meet your cabin steward, ask to make sure that your anniversary and birthday celebration dates made it to his/her list.

Don't forget to add your anniversary to your Cruise Personalizer...balloons on your door and delicious anniversary cake :)

We've been on Princess ships twice on our anniversary.

The first time there were balloons on our door with a happy anniversary message as soon as we boarded. We had anytime dining so we told the maitre'd that it was our anniversary when we entered the dining room. And we did get the cake.

The second time, there were no balloons on our door as our cruise started. On our anniversary (actually the day after since that is what I put down on the personalizer as we were having an overnight in Edinburg on our actual anniversary and knew we would be off the ship almost all day including dinner), I commented to my wife on the lack of balloons as we were coming back to the cabin from breakfast. But, as we neared our cabin, there was our steward putting up the balloons. At dinner, the waiter asked the gentlemen from the couple seated next to us if he was in cabin xxxx, our cabin. I told the waiter that was us, and again there was a cake.

The first time there were balloons on our door with a happy anniversary message as soon as we boarded. We had anytime dining so we told the maitre'd that it was our anniversary when we entered the dining room. And we did get the cake.

The second time, there were no balloons on our door as our cruise started. On our anniversary (actually the day after since that is what I put down on the personalizer as we were having an overnight in Edinburg on our actual anniversary and knew we would be off the ship almost all day including dinner), I commented to my wife on the lack of balloons as we were coming back to the cabin from breakfast. But, as we neared our cabin, there was our steward putting up the balloons. At dinner, the waiter asked the gentlemen from the couple seated next to us if he was in cabin xxxx, our cabin. I told the waiter that was us, and again there was a cake.

I agree about verifying with Stewart!

I agree about verifying with Stewart!

They missed my wife's birthday even though I had put it in the personalizer. I mentioned it to the steward and he took care of it while we were out and about the ship. (We didn't have the cake as my wife gave me a look that threatened great bodily harm if anybody came over to sing to her.)

They missed my wife's birthday even though I had put it in the personalizer. I mentioned it to the steward and he took care of it while we were out and about the ship. (We didn't have the cake as my wife gave me a look that threatened great bodily harm if anybody came over to sing to her.)

If you like the cake, you can politely request that no singing need accompany it. Perhaps a candle?

The second time, there were no balloons on our door as our cruise started. On our anniversary (actually the day after since that is what I put down on the personalizer as we were having an overnight in Edinburg on our actual anniversary and knew we would be off the ship almost all day including dinner), I commented to my wife on the lack of balloons as we were coming back to the cabin from breakfast. But, as we neared our cabin, there was our steward putting up the balloons.

Usually the balloons are not put up until the day you selected on the personalizer to celebrate the event.

Usually the balloons are not put up until the day you selected on the personalizer to celebrate the event.

In our experience, so far it was 50/50. But, thinking about it, it does make sense for the steward to wait for the date on the personalizer. It would seem that the turnaround date when one set of passengers disembark while a new set board, would be hectic enough already without worrying about putting up balloons for passengers celebrating a special occasion.