Majestic coming to Austarlia

Thanks Uncle Les but you know what I mean - the actual ships and not the corporate conglomerate that is Carnival. But I am pleased about the newer ships being sent down under, as it does give us a bit of variety - I have never sailed Princess so this may be the push I need - the only hesitation is 3500 pax - but saying that sailed UK PO Brittania last year and really never felt she was busy - except the pools (the Brits and the sun) - I have never seen so many deck chairs laid out in row after row after row - scary stuff.......

No worries, I did not mean to cause a drama.

I am sure you would be fine on Majestic Princess with the masses. We have been on Ruby/Crown Princess with around 3200, no worries, the ships are designed to accommodate the numbers.

Did you like P&O UK? We do, done 4 with them Arcadia x 2, Aurora/Oriana with a B2B on Adonia next year. Small ship, 650-700 pax, the QM2 tenders/lifeboats are nearly as big as ye old R class ships. lol.

Peace brother or sister.

I am sure you would be fine on Majestic Princess with the masses. We have been on Ruby/Crown Princess with around 3200, no worries, the ships are designed to accommodate the numbers.

Did you like P&O UK? We do, done 4 with them Arcadia x 2, Aurora/Oriana with a B2B on Adonia next year. Small ship, 650-700 pax, the QM2 tenders/lifeboats are nearly as big as ye old R class ships. lol.

I wouldn't mind trying P&O UK at least once.

I wouldn't mind trying P&O UK at least once.

Reasonable decorum on board Uncle Mic. The odd Chav, like we have the odd Bogan.:eek: I do like ye olde Kippers for breakfast.;p No 15% gratuity on drinks either and you can byo 'adult beverages' aboard.

Some of you may have already spotted this, but just in case...

There is a Live from Thread running on the Princess board re the Majestic Princess

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2480969

It has lots of photos of the ship. Interesting to note that although its first cruises are in the Med , a lot of the signs are in Chinese

The Med cruises are probably just shakedown cruises for the new ship. In the unlikely event of something major being discovered that requires a return to the shipyard it's better to find that out before the ship repostions to Asia. But they've obviously already readied the ship for China.

There is a Live from Thread running on the Princess board re the Majestic Princess

It has lots of photos of the ship. Interesting to note that although its first cruises are in the Med , a lot of the signs are in Chinese

It will be based for Chinese market exclusively for the year once it arrives there, so that is understandable.

Just off the golden today and they mentioned that the majestic is scheduled not just for our next season but the one after as well. Looks like she may become a regular.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Just off the golden today and they mentioned that the majestic is scheduled not just for our next season but the one after as well. Looks like she may become a regular.

When she was first announced we were told she would spend summers here.

Unless they have trouble filling her, then they'll send her somewhere else and give us another old ship. Although I don't think they will have much trouble filling her. This summer we had five ships, Sun (2000), Sea (2000), Dawn (2000), Golden (2600), Emerald (3000?) holding at least 11,600 passengers. That year we may only have four ships, Sun (2000), Sea (2000), Golden (2600) and Majestic (3500) so around 10,100 passengers.

The only place they could place her, other than Australia, would be Singapore. The design appears to be too foreign for US passengers - based on some of the comments I've seen over on the Princess forum.

Many people have complained that we never get newer ships based down here.

Well, they have their wish.

I reckon I'll stay with the older ones myself.

Yes, we will probably try and fit one cruise in on Majestic......I would be happy with a Grand class down here full time:D

Leave the Golden, or send the Diamond/Sapphire full time.

We surprisingly really enjoyed our cruise last April on Dawn Princess as we hadnt been on her for a few years.

Just give us some great exciting itineraries please!!!

• 2 weeks later...

They had better have a Platinum/Elite Lounge as the other ships have or I will have to go into the Captains Cabin for Happy Hours.

No Wheelhouse Bar!

No Crooners!

The only bars on deck 7 are the Crown Grill & Bar, and (presumably) one in the Vista Gaming Lounge.

They will definitely have to make changes. Can you imagine 3500+ thirsty Australians without enough bars? There would be a mutiny on the first Australian voyage. ;p

Why are they catering for the Chinese, don't they have enough of their own ships now.

There's still a bar attached to the Crown Grill it's just not called 'Wheelhouse.' For good reason, most asians may have a difficult time pronouncing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do the Chines Cruise Ships, if there are any, have English together with Chinese on their signs?

No Wheelhouse Bar!

No Crooners!

The only bars on deck 7 are the Crown Grill & Bar, and (presumably) one in the Vista Gaming Lounge.

They will definitely have to make changes. Can you imagine 3500+ thirsty Australians without enough bars? There would be a mutiny on the first Australian voyage. ;p[/quote

There are 2 bars on deck 16 2 on deck 7 one each on 6 and 5

Why are they catering for the Chinese, don't they have enough of their own ships now.

This is the first cruise ship that Princess has built specifically for the Chinese market. Princess obviously wants it's share of the Chinese cruise market dollars.

Do the Chines Cruise Ships, if there are any, have English together with Chinese on their signs?

We went on the Sydney to Hong Kong repositioning cruise on Golden Princess last year. During the last day before we arrived in Hong Kong they were replacing a lot of the signs around the ship with Chinese signs. Golden then went off the general booking radar until the cruise where she repositioned back to Melbourne last October, and I imagine all the signs had been changed back again for that cruise.

Is the Sun Princess going to the Asian market? I note from looking at the scheduled cruises she arrives in Singapore on the 20 June 2018 from Fremantle. That cruise is S814. She is then off the bookings until cruise S853C, a 2 night Brisbane to Sydney. Has anything been announced that I have missed?

Is the Sun Princess going to the Asian market? I note from looking at the scheduled cruises she arrives in Singapore on the 20 June 2018 from Fremantle. That cruise is S814. She is then off the bookings until cruise S853C, a 2 night Brisbane to Sydney. Has anything been announced that I have missed?

i think the sun is staying in asia until nov, hence no sth pacific cruises out of brisbane

No Wheelhouse Bar!

No Crooners!

They will definitely have to make changes. Can you imagine 3500+ thirsty Australians without enough bars? There would be a mutiny on the first Australian voyage. ;p[/quote

There are 2 bars on deck 16 2 on deck 7 one each on 6 and 5

think there would be a bigger mutiny if the AIBP is not offered.