Priority boarding for family members

randys

I have a suite which comes with priority boarding, I am taking my 5 yr old grandson with me aboard and my wife and daughter have a room with the other 2 grandkids...

I was told, I thought, by someone at Carnival that since we are together and they have children they can do priority with me, is that what you have experienced as well?

While my wife is technically assigned to the other cabin, we were also told that once aboard we could have her move to my cabin and the grandson moved to the other cabin.

was told, I thought, by someone at Carnival that since we are together and they have children they can do priority with me, is that what you have experienced as well?

while there have been people that this has been allowed, most of the time they will not allow this. If they have FTTF, they can all go using that and would basically be with you

While my wife is technically assigned to the other cabin, we were also told that once aboard we could have her move to my cabin and the grandson moved to the other cabin.

this is not a problem. just go to GS

was told, I thought, by someone at Carnival that since we are together and they have children they can do priority with me, is that what you have experienced as well?

while there have been people that this has been allowed, most of the time they will not allow this. If they have FTTF, they can all go using that and would basically be with you

this is not a problem. just go to GS

FTTF ?

GS ?

i am new at this

(when we check in my wife wont want them to take her bags to the wrong room, i am hoping we can all go to the same check in area and deal with that also)

Edited by randys

have your wife put the tags showing the suite on her bags and tag your grandson's bags with your daughter's room. Your bags are gone long before you reach the check-in desk. You print and put tags on your bags before you give them to the porters. Then you head to the check-in line.

FTTF = Faster to the Fun. You pay $50 and get early boarding and early access to your cabin.

GS = Guest Services, sometimes called purser's desk.

Edited by katisdale

I have a suite which comes with priority boarding, I am taking my 5 yr old grandson with me aboard and my wife and daughter have a room with the other 2 grandkids...

I was told, I thought, by someone at Carnival that since we are together and they have children they can do priority with me, is that what you have experienced as well?

Based on the facts that you are sailing with young minor children and assuming your credit card is being used for S&S charges for everyone in your party, I don't see where this is going to be a major issue if you go to the VIP/Priority door and explain what you are trying to do.

have your wife put the tags showing the suite on her bags and tag your grandson's bags with your daughter's room. Your bags are gone long before you reach the check-in desk. You print and put tags on your bags before you give them to the porters. Then you head to the check-in line.

FTTF = Faster to the Fun. You pay $50 and get early boarding and early access to your cabin.

GS = Guest Services, sometimes called purser's desk.

cool, the tags we can print at home before we leave for the ship?

yes i see i can do that

Edited by randys

FTTF ?

GS ?

i am new at this

(when we check in my wife wont want them to take her bags to the wrong room, i am hoping we can all go to the same check in area and deal with that also)

Baggage -since you are in a suite, your bags will be given a VIP tag- they will be delivered in first batch. To make it easier, put your cabin # on all bag tags -just print out more of them when it comes to printing out documents (we have done this before for same situation). Make sure they put the VIP tags on as you give them to porter. (They used to be bright orange hang tags.)

Based on the facts that you are sailing with young minor children and assuming your credit card is being used for S&S charges for everyone in your party, I don't see where this is going to be a major issue if you go to the VIP/Priority door and explain what you are trying to do.

That cc loophole doesn't exist anymore. There was too much abuse with taking people aboard that did not earn the right.

The only way the other cabin that is connected with your cabin cab do priority check-in with you would be IF that cabin only had minors in it. If the cabin has an adult, the rules do not allow you to all check in with your priority privileges. I know this because I am platinum and have my husband and son's friend booked in another cabin...similar situation: thought they could board with me because they were attached to my sign & sail account. Not true per Carnival. But we will reassign roomies when we board. ;)

The only way the other cabin that is connected with your cabin cab do priority check-in with you would be IF that cabin only had minors in it. If the cabin has an adult, the rules do not allow you to all check in with your priority privileges. I know this because I am platinum and have my husband and son's friend booked in another cabin...similar situation: thought they could board with me because they were attached to my sign & sail account. Not true per Carnival. But we will reassign roomies when we board. ;)

Was just told yes AND no by two operators but the last one said they changed the rule 5 months ago, so I trust her.

The paid version, whatever that is called, cost like $49, it is sold out on our cruise but she said to check everyday as sometimes it opens up again.

Carnival closed the "same credit card" loophole.

So you and your grandson will get priority boarding due to the suite.

Your wife and the other children do not get priority.

If you and your wife were in the suite and all children were in one cabin, then yes, you would all have been able to board priority.

Your wife could get FTTF, but they still board after Plats and above and suites.

You can switch cabins around after boarding...no problem. It's done all the time.

FTTF = Faster to the Fun $49 per cabin. With this you have priority boarding/debarkation right after weddings, Diamond + Platinum. You also get priority if there is tend to a port. Your cabin will be available when you board rather than waiting. You also get your luggage before others.

GS = Guest Services.

I don't know, but once when traveling with a group of 15 one couple booked a suite a got priority boarding, the rest of us stood in line until one of the couple came and got us we all got priority boarding that day, it can't hurt to ask, that's all my friends did.

FTTF = Faster to the Fun $49 per cabin. With this you have priority boarding/debarkation right after weddings, Diamond + Platinum. You also get priority if there is tend to a port. Your cabin will be available when you board rather than waiting. You also get your luggage before others.

GS = Guest Services.

THanks, I guess FTTF was sold out but i have asked daughter to check often to see if any come available.

$49, heck, wouldnt hesitate to spend that for what I assume is a big deal on day one

We are Platinum but we cruised with family in May who were not. They bought FTTF so we just waited with them and planned to board when they did. They were lucky enough to get in the front of the FTTF line so we just boarded as the last of the Platinum and they caught up with us a couple of minutes later, well before the boarding picture spot.

Edited by Miller_KC

That cc loophole doesn't exist anymore. There was too much abuse with taking people aboard that did not earn the right.

I am aware that the loophole was closed due to abuse. I have an employee who works part time at Port Miami who says exceptions are made from time to time based on certain circumstances.

Edited by AdGuyMG

I am aware that the loophole was closed due to abuse. I have an employee who works part time at Port Miami who says exceptions are made from time to time based on certain circumstances.

People write they got slipped through, but it's not a given. Also, the S&S cards are not all in the same place. A platinum is at one place and non platinums are in another. I don't know if a suite person is split off too.

FTTF ?

GS ?

i am new at this

FTTF - Faster to the Fun, which someone already explained

GS - Guest Services (it can also mean Grand Suite) but in this case, it is Guest Services

What they tell most now, is that you can wait with your party and board the same time as they do then you all get to get on the ship at the same time. Which is the correct thing to do.

And if they board separately, it's not like they will never see each other again:eek:

I love the part about luggage going to the wrong cabin. Why is it wrong when it's going to the booked cabin and not to the cabin the wife will swap into?

I booked two cabins on the Freedom. Since they were both book by me and all accounts were on my card the second cabin was allowed to sit in the VIP lounge and board with us. The second cabin was also allowed to go to the past guest party.

At first I purchased FTTF for the second cabin and we were going to board with them. My PVP told me that wasn’t necessary and they could board with us. So I canceled the FTTF and they boarded with us.

I booked two cabins on the Freedom. Since they were both book by me and all accounts were on my card the second cabin was allowed to sit in the VIP lounge and board with us. The second cabin was also allowed to go to the past guest party.

At first I purchased FTTF for the second cabin and we were going to board with them. My PVP told me that wasn’t necessary and they could board with us. So I canceled the FTTF and they boarded with us.

No longer permitted at Miami. Your boarding documents are checked several times and no entry is permitted into the priority areas without the Priority Passes. Even when using the end terminal, they just had Plats/Diamonds in a seating area preboarding and won't let others sit.

THanks, I guess FTTF was sold out but i have asked daughter to check often to see if any come available.

$49, heck, wouldnt hesitate to spend that for what I assume is a big deal on day one

I suggest heading to the pier about 10:30-11am and just go to each of the check in areas. There will be no line - youjust have to wait til boarding starts-- you will be in Priority boarding and she will be right behind you in zone one. Save your 50 bucks

the kids cabin will not be ready-- nor will yours so you can not go to the cabin anyways-- unless you pay that 49. per cabin to be ready for you