Majesty still in port?

According to someone on FB, the Majesty is still in port and someone who lives in Tenerife says the weather is very wet and windy.

Such a shame for all onboard but particularly our friends from here.

I just noticed that on marine traffic! I wondered if the site was up to date. The temperature in Gran Canaria yesterday was 23c, but in Tenerife only 17c.:confused::confused:

The weather in funchal looks horrible today.

Oceanweatherdotcom shows a storm heading to Maderia with winds up to 30 knots and wave heights of 6-7 metres.

If they are missing funchal because of the weather they can't just sit in Gran C?

It looks lovely weather in Gran Canaria :) 22c and sunny. In contrast it is 17c in Tenerife and 16c in Madeira and very wet, as we can see. I think I would rather stay in the sunshine than venture out in those seas. Perhaps it will die down later and they will be able to go straight to Madeira. Shame they will have to miss La Palma as it is a beautiful island, but you only get a few hours there. I think Jan has been there before, but not sure about Jackie and Mary.

After the accident in rough seas when she was Louis Majesty, I expect they have to be very careful. All the detractors on the other site would have a field day if, Heaven forbid, something else went wrong.

I would say it definitely is the weather as the Aidasol has not left either and that is a much bigger ship, 71,000 tons and only 2 years old.

I bet the shopping centre is doing a roaring trade ;)

Your right Linda, best to be relaxed in the sun instead of stressed out in rough seas or docked somewhere rainy. Just hope they are sat with a cocktail taking it in their stride, im sure they all are and haveing a fab time :cool::cool:

Like you say, another thing wrong and would be very bad press and they are only putting safety first arnt they so thats all good :D

When we were on the Dream last year, one night we didn't leave until about 11pm instead of 6pm. The Captain said he had tried to leave the dock twice, but the weather was too rough. It didn't look rough to us and it was rumoured that there was a problem with the engine. Stephen Guy apologized before the evening show and said we would go as soon as possible and lo and behold during the show we heard the engines start up and felt the motion of the ship and we were away. We made the next island on time too. Not sure if the weather really was the problem, but nice to know Thomson take our safety seriously :)

Just looked at the Aidasol itinerary and it normally goes to Gran Canaria on a Wednesday. It should have been in Tenerife yesterday, leaving at 10pm for Madeira, so I guess it was diverted to Gran canaria after visiting Lanzarote on Thursday. I'm sure it was there yesterday with the Majesty.

All adds up to a problem with the weather rather than a problem with the Majesty.

No info from anyone on the ship. I expect they are all busy sunning themselves -grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

Hi Folks

Knew you would be wondering why we are still in Gran Canaria. Thomson, IMO, have done the right thing and changed the itinerary to avoid the storm in Madeira. Itinerary now Tenerife, 3 days in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, back to Tenerife for one day, then back to schedule..Fuertoventura, La Gomera and back to Tenerife.

They have provided extra excursions and things to do on board but there are lots of things to do in Las Palmas. There are street festivities today, dancing, singing and all the shops in the old town are open. (DH allowed me in one only)

Weather is lovely...25C on the street thermometers but a cool wind makes it seem cooler, especially on sun deck where there are plenty of sun loungers because it is a bit cool.

Thomsons have credited each person £25 OBC for the changes. Not much has been said about it. Just pleased we don't have to suffer the storm at sea. Can always go to Madeira another time.

Bertie Flint is the new comedian. He was fantastic last night.

Have not found Scarey Mary yet! Or Jan Ekco. But some friends from our teens are on board and a couple who were on the Majesty with us last Sept as well. All the entertainment team seem to have changed but the cruise director is the same, I think. Many of the crew have changed too.

Will read through the other posts now.

PS having a great time.

Strangely enough the Aida Sol is still there too and it is due in Madeira at 2pm today :confused: The Aida sol webcam shows Gran canaria and the weather looks fine :confused:

http://kroooz-cams.com/aidasol/aidasol1.php

Weather is lovely, Linda. Aida Sol is BIG. Crew man from Aida Sol is next to me. He helped me log on. Aida Sol is going to Madeira on Wed.

At your service, Nell. :D

Hi, Jakanne, so glad you got in touch and everything is going well :D

You are much better having 3 days in Gran Canaria than face those awful seas. You will just have to go back again to do Madeira :D

Glad you are having fun. Enjoy the rest of your trip :):cool:

At your service, Nell. :D

Great to hear from you so glad to weather is good there and you will be avoiding the storm its always a bit choppy across to Madeira anyway can't imagine what it would be like in a storm enjoy the cruise and have a cocktail for me

Archived