Questions about balcony cabins on Equinox

LizardBeth

I have a couple questions about cabins on the Equinox.

In the past I have cruised Carnival with friends who would book a balcony next door. We were able to open the balcony divider that separates them to create a large balcony. Can we do this on the Equinox?

Also, what is the advantage to booking one of the cabins that is on the 'slant' on the hump of the ship. Is the view better? Do other cabins have a view onto your balcony at that slanted angle? Are they bigger? I'm trying to understand the draw to that cabin.

Also, any opinions on the aft rear-facing cabins? I've seen a bunch of mixed opinions about these.

I'm thinking about booking with the concierge services. Is it worth it? Husband is willing to splurge for our 25th anniversary so we don't mind paying for a few perks.

Also, what is the advantage to booking one of the cabins that is on the 'slant' on the hump of the ship. Is the view better? Do other cabins have a view onto your balcony at that slanted angle? Are they bigger? I'm trying to understand the draw to that cabin.

The slant cabin's have OVERSIZED balconies... anywhere from about 1.5X standard size to over 2.5...

The thumbnails below show the balcony in 2106--one of the largest balconies on the ship...

I'm thinking about booking with the concierge services. Is it worth it? Husband is willing to splurge for our 25th anniversary so we don't mind paying for a few perks.

IMHO, only worth it if the cost differential is under $100 per person...The perks aren't worth much...

142923798_Adriatic2013275(640x480).jpg.6d3088981a9cbd12b92948011e185266.jpg

1170641283_Adriatic2013271(640x480).jpg.efdedf2d623b8f0239d5615d2b1e971e.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Steve! If I book a room on that slant and our friends book one next door, can the divider be opened to make a larger balcony?
Yes. The attendant has to do it, though.

(Or you could do it yourself if you brought the right size hex wrench.)

Yes. The attendant has to do it, though.

(Or you could do it yourself if you brought the right size hex wrench.)

The cabin steward can arrange this for you. I've had it done twice on S-Class ships. You will not be able to have it done if the captain decides to disallow it for some reason, or if there is a fire break door out in the hallway between your two cabins. This latter reason would mean that these two cabins are firebreaks and the divider cannot be removed.

Thanks for the feedback Steve! If I book a room on that slant and our friends book one next door, can the divider be opened to make a larger balcony?

Take note that the 1st and 3rd cabin away from the hump have a 2.5X oversize balcony and that the 2nd and 4th have "only" a 1.5X size balcony. I hope the "unlucky" one will not feel jealous. :rolleyes:

Also note that only one portion of the divider can be opened like a door. You will be able to circulate from one balcony to the other one but most of the divider will remain.

Edited by vivi9909

You also asked about the aft balconies: These are my favorite cabins. I've been on several on the S class ships. And have a reservation for one on the Equinox in November. The balconies may not be huge, but you can't beat the view!

As for the oversized balconies, you can see others and they can see you. There are disadvantages to that! No kidding….

There is more room on the oversized balconies. We did not feel cramped for space. It is a nice perk.

As for Concierge class, I am not sure if the benefits would justify paying a significant premium. I did not feel we got more except that some of the locations are real good. Base it on location of the cabin.

We booked a 1A cabin on the forward slant, deck 8 on the Silhouette for our Baltic cruise last May and our cousin booked the cabin next to use. As soon as we met our cabin steward and mentioned we were cousins he offered to open the balcony for us. We really enjoyed the oversized balconies, especially once he opened them up for us. It was a great place for breakfast. One note that others have made, yes, you can see others on their balcony and they can see you...so you do need to be dressed to be out there.

Concierge Class? Yes on the M class ships because they are bigger, not worth more than $100 pp on an S class ship. The perks are not worth much, the binoculars they provide are worthless. For $100 I would consider it for the extra Captain's Club points.

• 3 weeks later...

OK so to confirm the difference....is it for example 8252 has 2.5x balcony or 8254? Thanks heaps!!

Take note that the 1st and 3rd cabin away from the hump have a 2.5X oversize balcony and that the 2nd and 4th have "only" a 1.5X size balcony. I hope the "unlucky" one will not feel jealous. :rolleyes:

Also note that only one portion of the divider can be opened like a door. You will be able to circulate from one balcony to the other one but most of the divider will remain.

Agree that the c class rooms offer little of monetary value. Save that extra fare for a specialty dinner, bottle of special wine, nice excursion etc. At least you are getting something for your dollar.;) Wouldn't those be better than a foot stool, tote bag or not tasty sparkling wine?:p