Wife Cant Go With Me In Our Junior Suite...Now What?

Upcoming booking in a JS for DW & myself in Nov. She's not going to ne able to go but I still will sail. Airfaire and ground trans already paid for, cruise not PIF yet. I know we can get back the ground trans fee for her, loose $ for airfaire.

My question is, how much of her cruise faire will be refunded & how much do I have to pay as a solo cruiser? Lastly, I belive I will get triple C&A points...right?

Bummer my wife cant make this trip and no, we never buy cruise insurance. This is first time in 15 years our travel plans have been interrupted so we are ok w/o insurance and are still ahead overall.

When we originally booked we paid just over 1k each. Will I be required to make a whole new booking? Or do we just drop her off the booking, get back the taxes for her and keep original OBC. The current posted prices are now too high so I dont want to rebook if possible. We transfered booking to our TA a few months ago and she is checking out our options as well.

When we originally booked we paid just over 1k each. Will I be required to make a whole new booking? Or do we just drop her off the booking, get back the taxes for her and keep original OBC. The current posted prices are now too high so I dont want to rebook if possible. We transfered booking to our TA a few months ago and she is checking out our options as well.

You won't have to make a new booking. They will drop her off the booking and base the new price on what you originally paid.

Upcoming booking in a JS for DW & myself in Nov. She's not going to ne able to go but I still will sail. Airfaire and ground trans already paid for, cruise not PIF yet. I know we can get back the ground trans fee for her, loose $ for airfare.

My question is, how much of her cruise fare will be refunded & how much do I have to pay as a solo cruiser? Lastly, I believe I will get triple C&A points...right?

Bummer my wife cant make this trip and no, we never buy cruise insurance. This is first time in 15 years our travel plans have been interrupted so we are ok w/o insurance and are still ahead overall.

You're sailing in November, so you should Definitely check out the time ratio to see when your cut off is to get a refund. The closer to the cruise date the less you get back, however i THINK you may be far enough away that you would get a good amount back. I would def call asap

They have not hit final payment date for this cruise. It is still 6 mos out. So, they could get their cruise money back. [with or without insurance]

However, the lost money for flights for the 2 of them may not be that much more than keeping the booking and doing a solo cruise.

That's excellent news on your good price.

You won't have to make a new booking. They will drop her off the booking and base the new price on what you originally paid.

Bob is right. You will "only" have to pay double of your original price, not the current price, less $100 taxes for Passenger 2.

:)

Upcoming booking in a JS for DW & myself in Nov. She's not going to ne able to go but I still will sail. Airfaire and ground trans already paid for, cruise not PIF yet. I know we can get back the ground trans fee for her, loose $ for airfaire.

My question is, how much of her cruise faire will be refunded & how much do I have to pay as a solo cruiser? Lastly, I belive I will get triple C&A points...right?

Unless RCCL is totally different than other cruise lines (never been on RCCL nor do I have any desire to go), DO NOT cancel your wife. At the point of cancellation and if it is after final payment, they can totally REFARE your cruise as a solo cruiser. Now you not only have paid for your wife who is NOT going BUT you are subject to the SINGLE SUPPLEMENT as a solo cruiser.

If your TA is not one of the sharper TA's in the world and knows all the rules, you could be setting yourself up for a BIG increase in fare.

Only thing you will get back from your wife's cruise fare is taxes and port charges.

Been there, done what you want to do. It was a pure shock to be told at the last minute if DH CANCELLED, I had to pay the single supplement. I figured I already paid for two-what was the difference. NOT in the thinking of the cruise lines. Have been informed by both Celebrity and Cunard I would pay the single supplement. Guess what-DH just missed the ship. And I never asked nor mentioned a refund for ANYTHING. Cheaper to loose the small amount in taxes and port fees than to pay that single supplement. And yes, the cruise lines DO HAVE the right to impose the SINGLE SUPPLEMENT if they choose.

Cancel the entire trip and reschedule when she is available.

You can get 100% refund.

Why would you want to go by yourself ? Or better yet without her?

Unless there is more to the story.......

Why the need to be judgmental?!? Many happily married couples enjoy solo travel. In my case, my husband prefers work over travel, while I travel as often as I can :). My solo travel rejuvenates our marriage- time apart can be a very good thing, and being able to travel makes me very happy (we've been happily married for almost 40 years, and I've been traveling solo for most of them) :D

I've met (and travelled with) many happily married people who frequently travel sans spouse. Don't knock it until you try it!

(I actually feel sorry for couples who need to be together every moment. What's up with that?! LOL)

Am I missing something? Why aren't you changing the cruise date to when she can go. There is no penalty unless you are beyond final payment date.

Just curious, does OP have a son/daughter/friend/brother/uncle/father who might want to take wife's place on the cruise? That might involve airfare to get that person to the port. There shouldn't be a charge from RC to change the name on the cruise reservation.

I had a similar situation once with an extended family cruise (my side of the family). My husband couldn't go. I would have to pay either 200% single supplement or find someone to replace him. I invited my aunt to come along. I said I would pay for the cruise if she could get to San Juan. She was happy with the arrangement.

Just an idea, although OP may prefer to go solo.

Several options:

This assumes the airfare is non-refundable, but you should be able to change flights and reapply the $$$. Some airlines charge a change fee.

1. Cancel. But as you said you'll lose the airfare.

2. Go solo. You'll still lose the airfare on your wife.

3. Change the cruise date. Then you might just have to pay the a change fee for your airfare, rather than losing it all in a cancellation.

4. Bring your girlfriend. :eek::D

What now? I'll go with you:D

Go for it. You'll probably be refunded her taxes and fees and get triple points if you decide to keep the booking.

It was my understanding that any suite is worth double points, not triple????? We always try to get a Jr. Suite and we have always received double points (i.e., 14 days for a 7 day cruise). I just looked at our "cruise points" and for our last cruise we did an 8 day on the IOS in a JS and it shows us having 16 (not 24) points which would be double, correct?

Edited by Charger2008

It was my understanding that any suite is worth double points, not triple????? We always try to get a Jr. Suite and we have always received double points (i.e., 14 days for a 7 day cruise). I just looked at our "cruise points" and for our last cruise we did an 8 day on the IOS in a JS and it shows us having 16 (not 24) points which would be double, correct?

He would get triple points if he sails solo, double if his wife or another goes with him. Solo cruisers now get double points, so he would get triple for a JS

He would get triple points if he sails solo, double if his wife or another goes with him. Solo cruisers now get double points, so he would get triple for a JS

Ohhhhhhhhhh, yea, I guess you would need some incentive to spend that much for a room by yourself. Thank you for the clarification :)

First, I'm happily maried for 25 years and we love spending time together. That being said we love camping together but I also love camping solo which very few people will ever do.

While my wife would never enjoy a trip by herself I'm perfecfly fine with alone time. She is adventurious and loves socializing with groups of friends. I love this too but only for a fixed period of time. Alone time for me is the best way for me to recharge and she totally gets me in that regards.

Some asked whay I dont just change the booking to when she can go? We'll just book another cruise for a time that works for her in the future. Her new job does not provide her enough vacation time for a cruise this year. Thats a bummer no doubt but we will be in a suite ASAP.

My 2 kids are grown but single. We took them on a cruise last year but they are at that point in their lives where nailing them down for a vacation is like trying to nail jello to the wall. My wife and I choose to seize this time in our life to enjoy each others company until grand kids come into the picture...then I hear life changes again?