Opera and Classical Music Cruises

OctoberKat

Hello all, we're interested in cruises featuring opera and/or classical music. I've tried searching but, sadly, there's a cruise ship named Opera so the results are tedious to parse through.

Any tips you supply here would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hello all, we're interested in cruises featuring opera and/or classical music. I've tried searching but, sadly, there's a cruise ship named Opera so the results are tedious to parse through.

Any tips you supply here would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Have you tried doing a search for "theme cruises"?

Edited by Shmoo here

There are websites that list themed cruises one has over 500 entries

some are chartered or you have to book through the promoter

Google is your friend

Avalon waterways have one for July 2015

opera-themed talks and performances by soprano Natalie Fagnan, mezzo soprano Cassandra Warner, tenor Derek Johnson and bass-baritone Tyler Fitzgerald, all from the Calgary Opera.

The Paul Gauguin has an Classical/opera cruise next July

Catherine Cook & Kristin Clayton, Opera Singers

Edited by LHT28

Have you tried doing a search for "theme cruises"?

Some of the European river cruises include visits to opera houses and/or symphony halls

Thank you kindly. We don't favor river cruises. We do "land travel" to many venues for music.

There are websites that list themed cruises one has over 500 entries

some are chartered or you have to book through the promoter

Google is your friend

Avalon waterways have one for July 2015

opera-themed talks and performances by soprano Natalie Fagnan, mezzo soprano Cassandra Warner, tenor Derek Johnson and bass-baritone Tyler Fitzgerald, all from the Calgary Opera.

The Paul Gauguin has an Classical/opera cruise next July

Catherine Cook & Kristin Clayton, Opera Singers

Helpful, many thanks. As a research librarian I'm semi familiar with Google. You probably know some of the best references come from actual biological people who may share one's interests.

That Gauguin cruise could be just the ticket but for the fact that we will be "cruising" the canals of Burgundy on the Amaryllis for their Semaine de Gran Crus. Will keep an eye on Gauguin for more such offerings.

Edited by OctoberKat

OctoberKat, if you ever find such a cruise, please let me know. I would LOVE a cruise that featured some opera stars in concert and even a full length opera and lots and lots of classical music. It would heavenly.

That's my dream cruise, SuiteTraveler, and I would pull out all the stops (heh).

Helpful, many thanks. As a research librarian I'm semi familiar with Google. You probably know some of the best references come from actual biological people who may share one's interests.

That Gauguin cruise could be just the ticket but for the fact that we will be "cruising" the canals of Burgundy on the Amaryllis for their Semaine de Gran Crus. Will keep an eye on Gauguin for more such offerings.

Well since your search failed to find the above cruises ..

too bad the cruise line is not suitable timing.... maybe next time

Maybe contact them to see if they will have one that works for you

Edited by LHT28

Once on the Ruby Princess they had a violin, cello and piano playing in the atrium every night. There were chairs around the dance floor for people with hair greyer than mine to sit and listen. Never saw so many people who knew how to Waltz on this cruise. WE were VERY unhappy as there was so little night life.

But on our next Ruby cruise it was so different, we were up til 2am one night and there was dancing in the atrium!

Classic FM UK occasionally arranges cruises on P&O and Fred Olsen.

Check Cunard for musicians on board.

"The Really Big Chorus", a well-known UK organisation which trains people from scratch to do a production in different locations, eg, Vivaldi in Venice, also has a yearly "scratch" cruise. We have been on one of those, which was on Louis Cruise around the Greek islands, and we rehearsed Elgar and folk songs from scratch, although you needed some musical ability to join. There were around 130 vocalists, and plenty of non-singing partners on the cruise. I believe they're doing a river cruise this year.