Tobacco Road - on the Escape!

happy cruzin

Love this idea. Seems like the perfect plan - sticking with the Miami theme and all!!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6036

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Um, isn't it Getaway that has the Miami theme?

I don't believe that it was ever announced that Escape would also have a Miami theme...

Um, isn't it Getaway that has the Miami theme?

I don't believe that it was ever announced that Escape would also have a Miami theme...

Yikes - guess you're right! Still love the idea...something new and different - on the Escape (even without the Miami theme). 😜

This is really cool!

I hope they bring most of their menu. Tobacco Road is a major local hangout for Miami peeps for over 100 years. I love their chicken sandwich, burger, and fresh cut fries.

Mr. Sheehan really loves Miami. He ought to since he lives in probably the best condo on South Beach.

This is really cool!

I hope they bring most of their menu. Tobacco Road is a major local hangout for Miami peeps for over 100 years. I love their chicken sandwich, burger, and fresh cut fries.

Mr. Sheehan really loves Miami. He ought to since he lives in probably the best condo on South Beach.

*fingers crossed* that your right! Good food on top of a cool hangout would be awesome. 😊

Tobacco Road in Miami is closing because of another condo boom in Miami. The owner of the commercial strip got an outrageous amount of money for the property that also housed Tobacco Road. They are so successful so they are moving to another part of Miami. Their last official open date is this Saturday.

That's all Miami needs.....more condos and less parking :eek:

Tobacco Road in Miami is closing because of another condo boom in Miami. The owner of the commercial strip got an outrageous amount of money for the property that also housed Tobacco Road. They are so successful so they are moving to another part of Miami. Their last official open date is this Saturday.

That's all Miami needs.....more condos and less parking :eek:

Thanks to you BOTH! ;) :D

This is really cool!

The way that news read seems to be only the Bar portion is coming and not the food, or I would hope that its a replacement of osheehans id like to see that name go away.

The way that news read seems to be only the Bar portion is coming and not the food, or I would hope that its a replacement of osheehans id like to see that name go away.

O'Sheehan's is already visible in the deck plans*, it is definitely not going away. Also they are in process of introducing the concept (next generation of Blue Lagoon) to many other ships in the fleet.

* http://escape.ncl.com/assets/Uploads/Escape-Deck-Plans.pdf

If the deck 8 stays similar to one on Breakaway class, I'd guess that Tobacco Road will be in the place of Sugarcane Mojito Bar or Sunset Bar on Getaway - both have also outside spaces on Waterfront.

O'Sheehan's is already visible in the deck plans*, it is definitely not going away. Also they are in process of introducing the concept (next generation of Blue Lagoon) to many other ships in the fleet.

If the deck 8 stays similar to one on Breakaway class, I'd guess that Tobacco Road will be in the place of Sugarcane Mojito Bar or Sunset Bar on Getaway - both have also outside spaces on Waterfront.

That is my guess - as well.

Interesting thought....but I agree with Demonyte - not likely since O'Sheehans is already showing on the deck plans AND who it's named after! :rolleyes:

Based on all of your discussion, the Sunset Bar is the space likely being replaced on Escape. O'Sheehan's is being expanded fleet-wide. So is the Sugarcane Mojito Bar. So, as you say, neither is not going to appear on Escape and her sisters.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Well CEOs don't last so a name change should be fine

I don't think Sheehan is going anywhere soon. If he leaves, it'll be of his own volition. He's the darling of the industry, especially compared to the more staid leadership at RCI and Carnival. Although I think the comparisons to Steve Jobs and Apple are over the top, Sheehan's work on transforming NCL has been astonishing.

This is really cool!

I hear the original Tobacco Road is moving to a new location in Miami. Any idea where that might be?? I think I'd like to find them!! 😊

I hear the original Tobacco Road is moving to a new location in Miami. Any idea where that might be?? I think I'd like to find them!! [emoji4]

Link to a news article was posted on post #12 in this thread couple of days ago.

"Specifically, the new Tobacco Road will be at 69 SW 7th Street in Miami."