New MDR Menus (Gem's Grand Pacific MDR) + O'Sheahans

My family just got off a 6-day Canada/NE sailing on the Gem, and I took photos of the Grand Pacific Dining Room's menus for the middle four nights of our cruise, so I will share them below! I am in the process of posting a day-by-day review of our cruise (from a teen's perspective), and I've also included pictures of the menus there! Feel free to check it out: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228155

Day 2:

11403143_10204274139789085_2567017793379152098_n_zpsz7kvg6mk.jpg

11692545_10204274140069092_7076451170723155546_n_zps4ad4u9ac.jpg

Day 3:

10983852_10204274150829361_369022144880963643_n_zpsg0wsepmv.jpg

11692805_10204274151029366_389720677992189839_n_zpszxddrkk5.jpg

Day 4:

11692480_10204274163949689_1049133194853521348_n_zpszlwgmfv7.jpg

148776_10204274164149694_7645083834159473506_n_zpszclqnuro.jpg

Thank you for posting these! They have fewer choices than the current, or soon to be "old" menus, but I still think they seem very good overall. I'd love to know if other ships have these menus, specifically the breakaway since we sail her July 19th!

Glad to see steak is available every night still. DS10 loves steak, it's his favorite food, and he enjoys it on cruises. He's allergic to shellfish so steak is a nice option for him. And I've been dying to try the Nutella pot de creme, so I'm glad to see that still on the menu as well! I've read lots of good things about it.

I didn't see prime rib. In the past it was served twice on 7 day cruises.

Maybe it was on the days you didn't get the menu.

I always enjoyed the rib eye and New York strip. Both gone.

We are platinum so we will get LeBistro and we usually did Asian twice (now no charge) so have upcoming cruise covered. Then the cruise after next we have the Ultimate dinning package.

Everyone has been dying to see the new menus so thank you a million times over

I would say these were quite similar to the menus we had on the Sun in May. The chocolate desserts were the exactly same as what we had on chocoholic night. Our favorite starter was the bay scallops in garlic, which is on this new menu.

Thanks for posting these.

No need to pay extra for specialty restaurants for me -- although I might be tempted on the third of these three when the chef's specialty is just roasted turkey.

A little disappointing that they don't have -- or at least identify -- healthy options, or include nutritional information for people who care about such things. I wonder if this can be provided upon request?

On ships with two main dining rooms, for which the "always available" items were slightly different (e.g., different cuts of steak), I wonder if they will now have the same "all time favorites" in both dining rooms?

Thank you for posting these. I've never been one for appetizers, and I don't eat salad if I can avoid it, but there's at least one starter on every menu I'd look forward to trying. The desserts don't necessarily thrill me, but that's what O'Sheehan's is for.

I would say these were quite similar to the menus we had on the Sun in May. The chocolate desserts were the exactly same as what we had on chocoholic night. Our favorite starter was the bay scallops in garlic, which is on this new menu.

Those scallops were great! They also had the Roasted Tomato Soup which I found to be excellent as well. I have one complaint about the OP posting these menus however. You are making me hungry! :rolleyes:

On ships with two main dining rooms, for which the "always available" items were slightly different (e.g., different cuts of steak), I wonder if they will now have the same "all time favorites" in both dining rooms?

Both MDRs have the exact same menu. I will miss the slightly different menus.

Are these menus in effect fleet wide now?

These new menus will be fleet wide by the end of July, I guess after being tweaked.

Thanks for posting. Much appreciated. I see something to look forward to every night. Except maybe dessert.

If I every hit the Powerball, I'm moving onboard permanently. The owners suite is mine. :cool:

Thanks for posting! Does look like they have 'slimmed' down the choices but so happy to see they still have the Coconut Souffle and some other faves. O'sheehans looks to have expanded their choices? Did they have meatloaf before?

I noticed that some items had an * by them. Is that an up charge or dietary info? Sailing on Jewel in September and I would like to be prepared if the main dining room has up charge meals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I noticed that some items had an * by them. Is that an up charge or dietary info? Sailing on Jewel in September and I would like to be prepared if the main dining room has up charge meals.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the * is a warning about undercooked meats, not a surcharge. :D