Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Thank you so much for this tip & information in this thread! We just purchased $700 of these for $630! $70 in savings is great! We may even buy more the week before the cruise (still deciding if we are going to do CHEERS or not).

Thanks again for this tip. Love saving money :)

Kim

Just tried to purchase several $50 eCertificates and once again it says SOLD OUT. Of course, you have to go all the way to the end to find that out as well as have the hold placed on your card account. WHY can't it simply say sold out to begin with?

Just tried to purchase several $50 eCertificates and once again it says SOLD OUT. Of course, you have to go all the way to the end to find that out as well as have the hold placed on your card account. WHY can't it simply say sold out to begin with?

Aren't the eCertificates different from the Gift Cards?

Aren't the eCertificates different from the Gift Cards?

The program offers the Cruise Cash - which MUST be used on that cruise or the eCertificate Gift Card, which plainly shows as available. Nope, neither the $50 nor $100 ones are available. I was in the middle of paying for something and used what I had and needed more. Wasn't going to happen, at least not today.

LOVE my Verizon service but their Rewards program is in need of some tender loving care.

The program offers the Cruise Cash - which MUST be used on that cruise or the eCertificate Gift Card, which plainly shows as available. Nope, neither the $50 nor $100 ones are available. I was in the middle of paying for something and used what I had and needed more. Wasn't going to happen, at least not today.

LOVE my Verizon service but their Rewards program is in need of some tender loving care.

Gotcha.

There is a limit of ten cards per 'transaction.' Whatever that means. Could probably apply 10, then log out and log back in to start again?:)

Not true for me. I bought 12 $100 cards & 1 $50 card all at once. Got the email with the numbers and because there was so many, they automatically send you a link to an Excel spreadsheet with all the numbers listed neatly. It was so easy to go down the list and provide all the numbers to the Carnival rep.

Not true for me. I bought 12 $100 cards & 1 $50 card all at once. Got the email with the numbers and because there was so many, they automatically send you a link to an Excel spreadsheet with all the numbers listed neatly. It was so easy to go down the list and provide all the numbers to the Carnival rep.

E gift cards? Because I just tried and got the all sold out message. Maybe you bought them all! Lol ;)

Edited by kona_wahine

Has anyone used these as pmt of a balance through their travel agent ?

My agent is family so I know she will do it for us, but just want to make sure there are no strange limitations. At the gift card FAQ page it said that pmts could be applied at carnival.com, goccl,com or on the 1800 number. I assume this means that TAs can apply them for clients. Just wondered if anyone has done it yet .

Secondly, I find a limit of 5 cards per booking (applied) at the same Carnival gift card FAQs. Someone here mentioned 10 and someone else mentioned 12. Can we pull together some more information for reference on this topic ?

Thanks so much for all of your help :D

Thanks for this thread, it has been really informative! I had signed up for this program and saw that we could by the gift cards, but for some reason it never crossed my mind that I could use them for FINAL PAYMENT!!! I some how just assumed they were only good for on board purchases!!!

Woohoo!! I just hope they become available again! Final payment is not until November, so hopefully have some time.

I had called the number for the ecards that someone had posted. I was told you can use 10 per transaction. I had bought 13. So when I went to apply them to final payment online thru carnival.com, it would only let me apply 10.

I bought 12 $100 cards & 1 $50 card all at once. Got the email with the numbers and because there was so many, they automatically send you a link to an Excel spreadsheet with all the numbers listed neatly. It was so easy to go down the list and provide all the numbers to the Carnival rep.

However, it looks like maybe Carnival reps did not get this info, because it seems like you can call them and they will apply as many as you have.

And just fyi - initially I had tried to buy 12 and was getting the 'sold out' message, but when I went in and tried to buy 6, I was able to. Then I went in and bought another 6. So I have no idea what is going on with the Verizon website. They were obviously not expecting to get bombarded with us crazy cruise people! :D

I had called the number for the ecards that someone had posted. I was told you can use 10 per transaction. I had bought 13. So when I went to apply them to final payment online thru carnival.com, it would only let me apply 10.

However, it looks like maybe Carnival reps did not get this info, because it seems like you can call them and they will apply as many as you have.

And just fyi - initially I had tried to buy 12 and was getting the 'sold out' message, but when I went in and tried to buy 6, I was able to. Then I went in and bought another 6. So I have no idea what is going on with the Verizon website. They were obviously not expecting to get bombarded with us crazy cruise people! :D

I only tried to buy one and it said sold out. I'm thinking there was a limited amount. Sure hope they open up more.

OK, so I just went and tried it this second and apparently they opened some up because I just bought a $100 gift card. In the display box it says "egift cards available" so maybe that's something we need to look for. the $50 also show available. The cruise cash display boxes do not show the available sign.

So, go shop!

Edited by kona_wahine

I just noticed this and thought I would pass it on.

I'm a long time Verizon Wireless customer and have recently been notified about their new Verizon Smart Rewards Program. It basically allows customers to accumulate points based on a variety of factors. I just logged in to check out the details of the program and saw many different options to use your points, one of which is purchasing gift cards.

Carnival was listed as one of the gift card options. You can use some of your Verizon Smart Rewards' points for a 10% discount on your purchase of either a $50 or $100 CCL electronic gift card.

By the way, they also had an option for purchasing CCL certificates but I'm unsure about the details of using those certificates since they could have restrictions.

I don't work for them, so I can't really answer questions regarding the program. if you are a Verizon customer like I am, just log into your on-line account and check into it. I did have to register for the program to get all the information but they offered an extra 5,000 bonus points for signing up. With the bonus and the other options specific to my account, I started out with over 40,000 points as soon as I signed up.

It only cost 1,000 of your points for the 10% discount on a $100 CCL e-gift card. It cost 500 points for a 10% discount on a $50 CCL e-gift card.

The program also offers some travel discounts on hotels, etc., using some of your Verizon Smart Rewards' points.

~Tracey

I just wanted to give a HUGE shout out and THANK YOU to Tracey (OP) for posting this information!! I have had Verizon for years and never knew about the program until now. I logged in and long and behold, I had 30,000 points. :eek:

We have been debating on taking a Thanksgiving cruise and this was the "sign" I needed! I just booked the Pride over Thanksgiving with 9 $100 gift cards for my deposit and plan on buying more to pay the balance and then a few more for the gratuities and sign & sail account.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:)