Boarding time Southampton

sandancer

I called Cunard today to ask for a guide time for boarding our QV cruise in June from Southampton. The young lady I spoke to was less than helpful and would only reiterate that I would be given a boarding time on our Edocs. She says these will be emailed to us around 15 days before the cruise. This is not really helpful as I would like to arrange a car service to the port in advance. She told me we MUST stick to the time given to arrive. Can anyone give me any idea of the latest time we can board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have booked a guarantee balcony so no idea yet which deck we will be on. We don't stress over getting on early so will be happy to board at whatever time they give, I just wanted to know so I could make plans for transport.

We have a guarantee Princess - what are the usual boarding times for these suites?

You'll be on first, most likely noon. Our last cruise we actually boarded before noon but were told our rooms weren't yet ready.

Yes. Strictly speaking the only people who should arrive before noon should be Queens Grills, Princess Grills, Diamond and Platinum guests.

It used to be a bit of a free for all, with Diamond, Platinum, Queens & Princess Grills all mixed together.

Last year at Ocean Terminal, QG had their own pen, as did PG. Diamond and Platinum waited in the main seating area, and that was the order pax were called forward.

Stewart

Thanks. I was thinking about arriving at around 1.30. That looks doable and hopefully there won't be a long line for check in by then.

If there is a queue, sandancer, expect your wait to be handled in a civilized manner. They hand out cards, when you enter the terminal, designating groups that will be called in order of arrival. There are plenty of chairs to assure you be comfortable, while you wait to be called.

It really isn't stressful. Southampton personnel does a wonderful job.

Just got our cabin assignments and, for Princess Grill, it is 12:30. Yay!

Wonder why it's so late? They must have changed things again. We've never travelled Grills but ever since we became platinum, we've been given noon on our e-tickets. Last year we even boarded before noon.

It used to be a bit of a free for all, with Diamond, Platinum, Queens & Princess Grills all mixed together.

Last year at Ocean Terminal, QG had their own pen, as did PG. Diamond and Platinum waited in the main seating area, and that was the order pax were called forward.

Stewart

It has changed last year, The Grills are now segregated from Diamond and Platinum CWC members who sit with the rest of the passengers however Diamond or Platinum receiving a Blue Coloured A or B card which is called first after the Grills have checked in. All The other passengers receive Red Cards.

• 2 weeks later...
Wonder why it's so late? They must have changed things again. We've never travelled Grills but ever since we became platinum, we've been given noon on our e-tickets. Last year we even boarded before noon.

We are in Queens in May and we've been given a 12.30 time!

• 1 month later...

We now have our boarding time and it is 15.00. Ship departs at 16.30. We would like to be onboard for around for 14.00. How strict are they about making you wait until your allocated time?

We now have our boarding time and it is 15.00. Ship departs at 16.30. We would like to be onboard for around for 14.00. How strict are they about making you wait until your allocated time?

They will not turn you away, however they will want to see your Confirmation paper with allotted boarding time on. It depends on the day if you get to embark prior to that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. This in my first post so please be gentle.

I'm taking my Mum who is 90 on her first ( and last) cruise as she has dementia .

We are in Queens Grill cabins and have been told 12:30 embarkation. Should we turn up earlier due to her being in a wheelchair? For security or will 12:30 be ok??

Thanks 😃

You can turn up earlier but it isn't usual to be boarded much before midday, so you may be waiting around for a time and only you know if this would distress your mother.

If you request assistance, you will be checked in and boarded pretty quickly once check-in opens, so arrive at the most convenient time for you.

Hello. This in my first post so please be gentle.

I'm taking my Mum who is 90 on her first ( and last) cruise as she has dementia .

We are in Queens Grill cabins and have been told 12:30 embarkation. Should we turn up earlier due to her being in a wheelchair? For security or will 12:30 be ok??

Thanks 😃

You have 2 points in your Favour, I you are Queens Grill & they are the 1st Group to board 2 Wheelchairs assistance also board just after Grills & Grills normally board at Noon So I would plan on boarding at noon.