Oasis... Hairspray AND Cats????

We are on the Oasis on Nov. 1.... about six weeks ago I booked our shows.... one of them being Hairspray. I happen to sign in tonight and they were offering Cats.... same time as Hairspray and two other additional times. I figured Cats was replacing Hairspray... I choose Cats, choose the same time that I had signed up for Hairspray and it came back and said I had a schedule conflict.... I was seeing Hairspray at that time..... so to be safe, I choose the 2pm show the next day..... so are they messed up or am I going to get to see both shows??????

Thanks

Sounds like IT dept has added Cats as an option without deleting Hairspray.

That's a new one! ;) To confirm for the OP, once Oasis returns to the US after her drydock, it will be Cats - and only Cats - on board! I believe Hairspray will be coming to Freedom in January.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

That must be unique to the Nov. 1 cruise. There was no option to book Hairspray for either the Oct. 14, or the Oct 27 cruise on Oasis. :D

Or maybe Hairspray was selected before Cats was announced, and then the online tools are now confused. I suspect that if the OP did nothing, they would be watching Cats at the time they booked Hairspray.

Here's what happened to me (and others) on the Oasis last 2 cruises before dry dock.

They opened bookings for all entertainment quite late. On boarding it was announced over the PA that some shows had been rescheduled and to check the planner on your room TV and also sheets were provided with the rescheduling. I actually didn't get a sheet for the 2nd cruise but having been assured that the TV schedule would have been updated I rested easy. Bad move. When I showed up for Oasis of Dreams (as per the TV) I'd not only missed it but I'd missed the final show. Frozen in Time was listed multiple times in the TV planner but when I showed for one of them I was told I wasn't booked and would have to wait until after all ticketed audience had been checked through. I attended the performance of the show I'd booked though the time had changed.

I'm so glad I got to see the final ever Hairspray but really disappointed to have missed Oasis of Dreams.

We are on the November 29th Oasis cruise. I booked Hairspray months ago. Went back today and added Cats - but at a different time that would not conflict with any other bookings. Hairspray is still listed on my calendar as a scheduled event. I was under the impression that Cats would just be substituted into the slots for Hairspray. Perhaps it will, but at least this way we are covered, and will definitely see the show.

You have a conflict because the cats showtime overlaps with something else you have booked. Cats is a lot longer show than HS.

HS was dropped from bookings back in the summer and Cats booking opened around the first week of August

Question.. how do these shows compare in terms of quality to what you'd see on Broadway? Or if not Broadway, comparison the same shows that go on tour to other cities?

I would say they are about the same as national tours, not quite broadway quality but very close!

Question.. how do these shows compare in terms of quality to what you'd see on Broadway? Or if not Broadway, comparison the same shows that go on tour to other cities?

In my experience the shows compare favorably to the ones you would see on Broadway or London's West End and are certainly on par, if not better, than the touring companies' versions. We saw Chicago in London and thought that the RCI version we saw on Allure was a worthy counterpart and certainly superior to the standard revues that we were used to on other RCI sailings in the past. Also saw Hairspray, which I thought was remarkably well done, on Oasis and Saturday Night Fever on Liberty which I enjoyed. Looking forward to the music in Momma Mia when we sail on Quantum next month.

• 2 weeks later...

We are reserved on the December 27th New Years sailing.

I find it ridiculous that "CATS" is only showing on one day - at 2 PM or 8:30 PM the day of departure. For those of us with late dining, that leaves only the 2 PM show, which means we will probably have to rush through lunch or miss it entirely, and then go to the muster drill immediately after the show.

What were they thinking?

Sounds like IT dept has added Cats as an option without deleting Hairspray.

There is a new adaptation called Cats with Hairspray. ;) Hint, keep them away from Spaceheaters. My wife has wanted me to see Cats, I guess i will. Hopefully schedule it for our 35th anniversary.

Edited by BillOh

That's a new one! ;) To confirm for the OP, once Oasis returns to the US after her drydock, it will be Cats - and only Cats - on board! I believe Hairspray will be coming to Freedom in January.

I knew there was a reason I was expecting to see both. They must have done that just for me! ;)

We are on the Oasis on Nov. 1.... about six weeks ago I booked our shows.... one of them being Hairspray. I happen to sign in tonight and they were offering Cats.... same time as Hairspray and two other additional times. I figured Cats was replacing Hairspray... I choose Cats, choose the same time that I had signed up for Hairspray and it came back and said I had a schedule conflict.... I was seeing Hairspray at that time..... so to be safe, I choose the 2pm show the next day..... so are they messed up or am I going to get to see both shows??????

Thanks

You can cancel Hairspray and add Cats to your calendar. Go to your cruise planner, click on “My Calendar”, click on “Full Calendar”, then under the cruise dates there are three icons (3 days, 1 day, List), click on List. Scroll down and you can then cancel “HairSpray”. This will allow you to add Cats without schedule conflict message.Hopes this helps.

Be aware that show times are subject to change; they will tell you this. They will say your planner on the TV has been amended. Double check that..... the show may appear multiple times on the screen or not at all..... I missed Oasis of Dreams..... sigh.....

Happened to us to Linda , according to the planner we were down for Frozen in Time on the last sea day.

The Compass did not mention it and on checking with Guest Services we were told there is no ice show today and told we should check our planner. Told the girl we did and according to it we were going to see Frozen in Time that day. Her response well you are the only ones to complain.

Turns out two of our friends went along to Studio B as per the planner to find Bingo playing. Many people with children turned up to see Frozen in Time.

We were also scheduled to see Come Fly With Me twice on the same night according to the planner. A shambles if you ask me, never seen the like of it on any RCI cruise I have been on

Heather