Obstructed View Balconies

ksg

• 4 weeks later...
[ATTACH]357391[/ATTACH][ATTACH]357392[/ATTACH]

Obstructed 6160, hardly any obstruction, just a bar to the left of balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for these photos. I have 6560 booked for my Anthem cruise. I have a couple of questions. Was the balcony fully covered from the top? I prefer shade and not sun. Also, I hear there may be a problem with this cabin being about the smoking area, is that correct?

Thanks for these photos. I have 6560 booked for my Anthem cruise. I have a couple of questions. Was the balcony fully covered from the top? I prefer shade and not sun. Also, I hear there may be a problem with this cabin being about the smoking area, is that correct?

The balcony was directly underneath the balcony above ( see photo ) not sure where the smoking area is? we didn't smell any smoke but 6560 is on the other side.ImageUploadedByForums1440436356.192489.jpg.e9460b769419097b9e203152a758dc10.jpg

The balcony was directly underneath the balcony above ( see photo ) not sure where the smoking area is? we didn't smell any smoke but 6560 is on the other side.[ATTACH]360141[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Any comments on 6690? It's got a huge balcony, the cabin above it is a D1. It's rated at 50% obstructed per another post here.

I was originally looking at 6290, same balcony, but there is another thread here warning against 6290-6300 because they are right over Jamie's and had big time noise problems at night/early morning. 6690 is over a bar so I trust there will not be similar issues.

Edited by MisterBill99

Any comments on 6690? It's got a huge balcony, the cabin above it is a D1. It's rated at 50% obstructed per another post here.

Word from another thread is that it's right above the smoking "room" and there was smoke that drifted up AND it was noisy. The poster strongly suggested avoiding it.

• 1 month later...

Hello, does anyone have pictures of the balcony of cabin 6160? My agent told me this is one of the best obstructed view cabins. We love having a balcony; especially to get fresh air in the cabin and it's only a little bit more than ocean view window on the Thanksgiving sailing 2016. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Does anyone know how many cabins each life boat spans? so if theres a metal pole holding the life boat in front of 6214 how far to the right will the next one be? im in room 6208 in February and trying to figure out what the obstruction will be. The UK site said 50%.

Hello, does anyone have pictures of the balcony of cabin 6160? My agent told me this is one of the best obstructed view cabins. We love having a balcony; especially to get fresh air in the cabin and it's only a little bit more than ocean view window on the Thanksgiving sailing 2016. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Just off the Anthem and we were in 6160. Your TA was not kidding....great view with hardly any obstruction. Would not hesitate to book this again. You will love Anthem...beautiful ship. We loved it !!!

I do have a photo but I can't insert - keeps saying upload failure. Sorry.

• 5 months later...
Haven't seen any pics of our cabin 6626 but by looking at deck plans and pics taken of the outside of the ship the balcony could be fairly well blocked by lifeboat davits.

UK Cruiser please post pics after you cruise. I will be in that cabin as well. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
There are some really nice D8 category cabins on deck 6 that are not obstructed - ours was 6540 - about 8 cabins ahead of the foward elevators - good location with good views.

Biker19

I know this post is really old, (I noticed you are currently online) but did you end up staying in 6540 on Anthem? My friends were assigned that room by our TA, and I noticed today it is listed as "obstructed view"... it's the only D8 with the ObV square key code...

Thanks!

Annette~

• 3 weeks later...
I called RC. The man had to look up each individual cabin so I only asked him a few :o

Here's what he told me:

6170 50%

6172 75%

I wish I could have asked him every cabin. :eek: Maybe we can compile a list if other people call and ask for a few room numbers each. ;)

I think I pushed him to his limit he was getting testy on the last 2 lol

I wonder, since 6172 is 75% obstructed, if 7172 will be at least slightly obstructed. I thought it had a deeper balcony from the photos.

• 4 weeks later...
Happy to help! Lucky!!! I'm going keep looking for 200, 186 or 214 for our March 1 cruise. They were the least obstructed but not available for our sailing. A little more than 6160 that we switched to today. I also would love to see what an E-1 Cabin looks like.

Hi Mamagina,

Interested to know if you ended up sailing in 6160 and what the obstruction was like? We are booked in this cabin but looking at swapping to 6214. Which do you think would have less obstruction? Thank you :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm thinking the same as you. From the exterior photos so far it appears to be worse on Quantum.

I had 6562 booked which was one of the larger angled balconies. Spent some time counting cabins and realized that the large white davit that holds the lifeboat was directly in front of that cabin. That is probably one of the cabins with a 75% restricted view.

Called and switched to 6160 which looks like it is just before the lifeboats start and would have a totally unobstructed view looking forward.

Who knows. Will probably change again as actual reports and pictures start coming in.

Did you stay in 6160? How was the view? Thanks!

We were in this cabin 11/20-27 and we loved it. It was so nice having a balcony on a lower price tag. It is the first cabin in the DO category so there is only an obstuction to one side. I would definitely book this cabin again. I'm trying to upload a few pictures but it's not letting me. I will keep trying.