Logistics, MCO to/from Port Canveral on Epic

ccdunke

I have some questions, or am actually looking for Advice on our Epic cruise next March. We are from the middle of the country so will be flying down, I've heard it's better to fly in a day early and stay at a hotel the night before, so I'm looking for advice on: Flights to MCO, then how to get to the Port- do we use a taxi? Is there some kind of shuttle? Do we use Uber?

Are there any decent Hotels there for one night at a good price?

Do we need to Rent a car?

After our cruise is completed we'll be staying a few nights in Orlando- should we rent a car then, and is there a service to do so around the Port? Any suggestions, or tips would be great!

Thank you!

I have some questions, or am actually looking for Advice on our Epic cruise next March. We are from the middle of the country so will be flying down, I've heard it's better to fly in a day early and stay at a hotel the night before, so I'm looking for advice on: Flights to MCO, then how to get to the Port- do we use a taxi? Is there some kind of shuttle? Do we use Uber?

After our cruise is completed we'll be staying a few nights in Orlando- should we rent a car then, and is there a service to do so around the Port? Any suggestions, or tips would be great!

Thank you!

I see you are in Iowa, so, YES, it would be best to make you flight plans a day or two early. Also, since you mention March, getting your reservations done soon is wise, since there will likely be many "Spring Break" travelers, depending on your dates.

I have booked "round-trip" shuttle for two of us with Smart2 (hypenated and "2" spelled-out)... $139. They will pick us up at MCO and take us to Cocoa Beach (where I booked our hotel). I could have added a hotel-to-port shuttle on embarkation day, but chose not to. Upon disembarkation Smart2 will pick up at the port and take us to MCO. In you case, there are additional options for your described plans. Also, wether or not you NEED a rental car is entirely up to you. DH and I do a LOT of walking, so we plan our day-trips and excursions based on that, with perhaps an occasional taxi, shuttle, or bus added on.

Good luck!

We are on the Epic in Feb. try goportcanaveral.com and look at fly snooze cruise packages. We are using it. One stop shopping. We found a hotel with free breakfast.

It is always to your advantage to fly in a day early. We book flight home same day always after noon.

Good luck.

Edited by DMH15

The most cost effective option is to stay somewhere near the airport and use Cortrans ($20 per person each way) They pick up at most of the hotels close to MCO and bring you back to MCO upon return...

Thank you!

Post cruise - where are you staying in Orlando? For example if you are being taken to the Mouse House you can easily stay on property without a car. if not I would recommend you rent one. BY Mouse House I mean you are staying a a WDW resort property.

Next spring will be our fourth cruise from Port Canaveral. We always stay at the Country Inn & Suites. It's so close to the port that you can actually see your ship docked and waiting for you. They have free breakfast and free shuttle to the ship. (Tip the shuttle driver). Shuttle drivers are super nice and helpful. There is a fast food place across the parking lot where we eat supper. I'm not sure if they have airport pickup. We drive down and park our car in their lot while we are gone.

We travel to Cape Canaveral often, you can fly in to Mco pickup a rental at airport ( we use Avis, an off AP site may be less$ but takes longer) - a compact car OW to the port for about $50-60 ,stay at any of the close port hotels drop at Avis 5 mins from port they will shuttle you to ship then reverse the process when you return they will pick you up at ship get one way rental car to the airport or Orlando hotel. Very easy drive from AP to port about :45 mins on the Beach line 528

Thank you!! All of this is super helpful, I'll also check out the other board too and snoop around :) This makes it a lot easier and thank you for the Hotel recommendations!!

Our recent experience with both Budget and Avis renting has been awful. Long lines at Port Canaveral offices, understaffed, not enough shuttles, waiting for shuttles 1.5 hours after cruise. Some of that will depend on how many ships are in port that given day.

There is no need to stay anywhere "post cruise"...a same day flight is totally easy and doable....I would hate delaying my return home, with a suitcase full of dirty clothes!

I wouldn't like that either. But this time we will be staying back in Orlando for a few days post cruise to go to Universal. 👍

There is no need to stay anywhere "post cruise"...a same day flight is totally easy and doable....I would hate delaying my return home, with a suitcase full of dirty clothes!

I love the platinum laundry special… I don't go home with many dirty clothes!