Crystal River Cruises Now Open for Booking

Host Jazzbeau

Thanks to Keith1010, here is the official press release from Crystal River Cruises:

===================================================

NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING: CRYSTAL RIVER CRUISES’ LUXURY LINEUP

Crystal River Cruises’ collection for 2016 through 2018 opens for sale on Cyber Monday

LOS ANGELES, November 30, 2015 – Poised to bring “true luxury” to the European river cruising experience, Crystal Cruises today unveiled the itineraries for its five new luxury river yachts and announced voyages from 2016 through 2018 are now open for booking. The newly acquired and redesigned Crystal Mozart will sail in July 2016, and the four newly built vessels, Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler, and Crystal Ravel will embark in June and August 2017.

“It’s truly thrilling for us, as well as our loyal guests and new-to-Crystal travelers, as more details of what’s in store for Crystal River Cruises unfold,” said Edie Rodriguez, president and CEO of Crystal Cruises. “We are going to deliver the most luxurious river experience in the industry with a combination of innovative vessel designs, unmatched guest service and fascinating itineraries.”

The luxury river yachts will maintain the celebrated Crystal Experience for savvy world travelers, featuring all-inclusive amenities, elegantly-appointed suites and six-star service for which the world’s most awarded luxury cruise line is renowned. Crystal River Cruises’ itineraries will offer a fresh take on traditional river cruising, focusing on longer and overnight stays and daytime cruising, in addition to sailing less-traveled routes to avoid congestion of other vessels in port.

Crystal Mozart (The Danube River), maiden voyage July 13, 2016 – The queen of European river cruises is currently being redesigned and will emerge in 2016 boasting Crystal’s signature elegant style and luxurious public spaces, accommodations (160 guest capacity) and special touches. Keeping close to the Austrian roots of its namesake, the river yacht will sail two distinct itineraries of 10 and 11 nights along the Danube, plus a special 10 to 13 night Christmas and New Year’s Eve voyage.

Danube’s Capital & Wachau Valley – Taking travelers through the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Austria’s Wachau Valley, lined with picturesque towns, terraced vineyards, and the stunning charm and architecture of Dürnstein, Melk, Linz and Vienna, Austria; Passau, Germany; and Bratislava, Slovakia.

Countries of Eastern Danube – Exploring the eastern realms of the river and the treasures of Vienna, Austria; Esztergorm, Kalocsa, Budapest, and Mohács, Hungary; Vukovar, Croatia; the Iron Gate; Belgrade and Novi Sad, Serbia; and Bratislava, Slovakia.

Christmas Markets Along the Danube – Celebrating the holiday season in the quintessential winter wonderland of Austria, Germany and Slovakia. Guests can get in a festive mood in exploring the traditional Christmas marketplaces and town squares famous for their holiday singing and dancing, cuisine, shopping and holiday cheer, from Munich’s Christkindlmarkt that dates back to the 14th century to the age-old Viennese Christmas Market at City Hall and Christmas Village at Belvedere Palace.

Crystal Debussy (The Seine River), maiden voyage June 4, 2017 – As Paris is a year-round dream destination, five-, seven- and 10-night voyages will explore the City of Light with multiple overnights. The ship’s sleek design and smaller size (84 guest capacity) will allow the opportunity to conveniently access berths near the Eiffel Tower for guests to extend their stay in Paris.

Best of Paris, Seine River & Normandy – An itinerary that highlights the quaint villages and lush valleys that inspired impressionists like Monet and Van Gogh, including the garden at Giverny and the charms of Auvers-Sur-Oise and traces the historic footsteps in the gardens of Versailles. A double overnight will leave guests within walking distance of charming Honfleur and position travelers closer to the surrounding areas’ popular attractions including the beaches of Normandy and Deauville.

Paris & The Arts – An in-depth immersion into the priceless masterpieces housed in this great city, from the Musée d’Orsay and d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris to the famed Louvre; then venturing to Rouen in the heart of Normandy before returning to Paris.

Pre-Christmas Shopping in Paris – The magic of the season is the focus of this enchanting voyage, replete with indulgent culinary delights and plenty of holiday shopping and fantasy window shopping. Guests can immerse themselves in the Marché de Noël outdoor bazaar and enjoy street performances along the Rue du Gros Horloge in Rouen.

Crystal Bach (The Rhine River), maiden voyage June 18, 2017 – The vessel’s 14-night itinerary boasts overnight stays in fascinating and enchanting cities including Amsterdam, Netherlands; Basel, Switzerland; and Ruedesheim, Germany as it travels along the Rhine and Moselle Rivers. A special 10-night voyage again explores the quaint Christmas markets that are synonymous with the region.

Classic Rhine – Visiting the aforementioned overnight ports, as well as Antwerp, Belgium; Nijmegen, Cologne, Cochem, Koblenz, Mainz, Speyer, Kehl, and Breisach, Germany, and this voyage also allows for additional stays in Frankfurt to explore the 2,000-year-old metropolis and get a birds-eye view from atop the Main Tower, one of the city’s tallest buildings.

Christmas Markets along the Rhine – The snow-flecked towns along the Rhine River will bring storybook holidays to life, inviting travelers aboard the 110-guest capacity Crystal Bach to visit two of Switzerland’s loveliest markets - Barfüsserplatz and Münsterplatz in Basel – plus historical abbeys and cathedrals. An overnight in Cologne sets the stage to feel the magic of the holidays in the festively decorated city which is known to have one of the largest Christmas markets in all of Europe.

Crystal Ravel (The Garonne & Dordogne Rivers, & Gironde Estuary), maiden voyage August 8, 2017 – Delving into the heart of France’s most renowned wine region beloved by, both, connoisseurs and novice oenophiles, the 84-guest capacity Crystal Ravel explores the UNESCO-designated cultural site of Bordeaux, which boasts more protected buildings than any other French city outside of Paris.

Bordeaux, the Wine Region & Beyond – The seven-night itinerary spends two nights in Bordeaux, before cruising on to Cadillac (overnight), Pauillac (overnight), Blaye and Libourne (overnight), France, then back to Bordeaux (overnight). The extra nights in Bordeaux afford guests to visit Arachon in southwestern France for the city’s oysters, white wine and the popular Dune du Pilat which is Europe’s tallest sand dune.

Crystal Mahler (The Rhine, Main &Danube Rivers), maiden voyage August 29, 2017 – The 16-night “Grand Europe” itinerary is the longest offered by the Crystal river fleet; also two nights longer than most other lines sailing the same route, to provide guests more time to explore this iconic route at a more leisurely place than currently offered.

Grand Europe – The 110-guest capacity Crystal Mahler will transit the Rhine-Main-Danube with its many locks that connect the continent’s two mightiest rivers (the Rhine and the Danube), to explore the treasures of each. From the iconic windmills of Holland to the fairytale villages of Germany’s countryside, guests will have ample opportunity to immerse themselves in the charm of the destinations, with overnights in Budapest, Vienna, Passau and Amsterdam.

Fares for Crystal River Cruises collection from 2016 through 2018 are now open for booking and are subject to change without notice. Inaugural voyages for Crystal Mozart (July 13, 2016), Crystal Debussy (June 4, 2017), Crystal Bach (June 18, 2017), Crystal Ravel (August 8, 2017) and Crystal Mahler (August 29, 2017) will be exclusively available to members of the Crystal Society – the line’s repeat guest program – from November 30 through December 15, 2015.

Crystal Cruises is the world’s most awarded luxury cruise line, having earned more “World’s Best” accolades than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history. Crystal Cruises has won “World’s Best Cruise Ship” in Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader Choice Awards for 22 years; been voted “World’s Best Large Ship Cruise Line” by Travel + Leisure readers for 20 consecutive years; and the “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Virtuoso for two-consecutive years (2014 & 2015). In summer 2015, Crystal embarked on the most significant brand expansion in the history of luxury travel and hospitality, which will introduce three new classes of cruising – Crystal Yacht Cruises (December 23, 2015), Crystal River Cruises (July 2016), Crystal Exclusive Class Ocean Cruises (late 2018) – and Crystal Luxury Air (fall 2017).

For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit http://www.crystalcruises.com. Join the thousands who follow the Crystal Cruises Facebook page and @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram to engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises.

Two of their ships (Ravel & Debussy) used to be GCCL ships that cruised on the Rhone and then the Danube. The retrofit decreased the number of cabins from 120 to 84. These were my favorite two GCCL ships when GCT owned them due to their smaller size. I checked out their new deck plans and their new interior looks great. I can't wait for pictures of their renovations.

Edited by rogerdawhip

Two of their ships (Ravel & Debussy) used to be GCCL ships that cruised on the Rhone and then the Danube. The retrofit decreased the number of cabins from 120 to 84. These were my favorite two GCCL ships when GCT owned them due to their smaller size. I checked out their new deck plans and their new interior looks great. I can't wait for pictures of their renovations.

You mean number of pax rather than cabins, right?

ETA- interesting to see, "third berth available on request"

Edited by CPT Trips

My wife and I have never taken a River Cruise before and about a year ago we decided that we wanted to take one in 2017 as this is a special year for us.

Since that time I have posted on this board asking for input on 2017 itineraries and river cruise lines and was provided with a wealth of information.

Also I started to read review that people wrote so from time to time I would post comments such as nice review.

We do cruise a lot and have taken several Crystal Sailings so when we heard the news a few months ago that Crystal Cruises was entering the River Cruising Market we decided that we would see what they announced and just yesterday a short while after the itineraries were released we booked not one but two of the Inaugural Cruises. The first one is in early June R/T Paris and the other one begins in late August from Budapest to Amsterdam.

We are very excited.

Keith

My wife and I have never taken a River Cruise before and about a year ago we decided that we wanted to take one in 2017 as this is a special year for us.

Since that time I have posted on this board asking for input on 2017 itineraries and river cruise lines and was provided with a wealth of information.

Also I started to read review that people wrote so from time to time I would post comments such as nice review.

We do cruise a lot and have taken several Crystal Sailings so when we heard the news a few months ago that Crystal Cruises was entering the River Cruising Market we decided that we would see what they announced and just yesterday a short while after the itineraries were released we booked not one but two of the Inaugural Cruises. The first one is in early June R/T Paris and the other one begins in late August from Budapest to Amsterdam.

We are very excited.

Keith

My TA just finished booking my 2 Crystal river cruises. 2017 for Bordeaux on Raval and 2018 Danube on the Mozart. The pricing seemed quite reasonable for a luxury brand and we are also very excited.

I cancelled our Tauck 2016 Danube due to all of the issues in Europe at this time because we did not want the potential hassles that could develop. The timing seemed right for us with the new Crystal itineraries available yesterday for booking and we took advantage of it. I like planning in advance.

Where did you hear this? All the announcements I have seen indicate that Crystal Mozart is a retro-fitted existing vessel, but that the other four ships are all "new purpose-built river cruise vessels ... specifically designed for Crystal."

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

Where did you hear this? All the announcements I have seen indicate that Crystal Mozart is a retro-fitted existing vessel, but that the other four ships are all "new purpose-built river cruise vessels ... specifically designed for Crystal."

Your info is accurate. Not sure where rogerdawhip is getting his or her info from.

Nancy

A bit more clarification on the MS Mozart. It is indeed an older ship to be completely refurbished and brought up to "North American standard luxury level" - my wording which is in line with the press releases I have read - sailing for Crystal river from 2016. Which means the river cruising season of 2016 will see the first ship on the river for that company rather than in 2017. The four new-builts will launch in 2017, the original announcement had been for two ships.

MS Mozart has always been considered a luxury ship - with a design ahead of its time in river cruising - and has been bought from Premicon. She has sailed lately as a charter for Phoenix Reisen (German company) and did sailings for an American company earlier this year apparently. Link to the article about the German charter with a nice photo: http://www.schiffsjournal.de/das-flusskreuzfahrtschiff-ms-mozart-faehrt-an-vier-herbst-terminen-fuer-phoenix-reisen/

Due to her unique design the Mozart cannot sail the Main Danube canal, only the Danube, she is too wide for the locks.

@hostjazzbeau: There is a page for the Mozart but the photo is not the Mozart and will not look like this when refurbished I should think. Slightly misleading IMO for viewers. Would you be kind enough to pass my comment onto the editors? Thank you.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=1121

Another article from Austria: http://www.travel4news.at/66332/crystal-river-cruises-schnappt-sich-die-ms-mozart/

This article stresses the refurbishment plans and also mentions a "tender boat" the purpose of which is to give passengers access to river sections or spots the vessel itself cannot get to. I wonder what those will be? Mentioned is also the fact that the Mozart and the planned vessels will serve (the article writer's assumption) mainly the booming Anglo-American market. He is probably right.

Would love to have sailed the MS Mozart. Alas, it was not to be. Folks can now look forward to the Crystal Mozart.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
info had been missing

• 4 months later...

The inaugural cruise of the Mozart will start on the 13th of July. What is interesting about the Crystal Mozart is the fact that the company appears to only offer round trips from Vienna on that ship.

That is quite different from the standard on the North-American market.

Seeing that Vienna is a capital and has a large international airport, a good idea. Why not?

As I have mentioned before, the Mozart cannot do the tour Nuremberg to Budapest due to its size.

I look forward to the reviews on the refurbished Mozart.

notamermaid

• 2 months later...

Last night we received a note that Crystal has reconfigured the cabins for the Crystal Bach, (it appears the other riverships, not yet built also) have been reconfigured. The S3 Cabins are now S4/S5 and are smaller, but above the water line and offer floor to cieling window balconies. Our room was reassigned of course. Looks like the new deck plans posted this morning have the entire ship reconfigured, and now includes a pool and more enclosed space up top. The 1st deck now has nothing except crew space, gym, and laundry... Anyone know what was behind these changes?

Here is an excerpt from the letter:

We look forward to welcoming our guests aboard the beautiful Bach. As part of Crystal’s longstanding tradition of offering the highest standard of luxury experiences and leading the way in innovative travel, we have incorporated a critical redesign to Bach that will set a new standard of luxury river cruising experiences.

In order to give our guest the best possible experience and enhance the Crystal difference, Bach will now offer all-suite accommodations that are located entirely above the waterline, providing spectacular and unobstructed views through the Panoramic Balcony-Windows. While the removal of the lower deck staterooms will reduce the river yachts’ previously planned capacity it will increase guests’ overall space and experience, allowing all guests to relish in the lush scenery along their journey.

A new deck plan is attached for your reference and the variation in some suite categories goes as follows:

Category Square Ft. New Category Square Ft. Additional Enhancement

CS 750 CS 759

S1 250 S1 253

S2 250 S2 253

S3 237 One deck higher, with Panoramic Balcony-Window

S3 220 S4 188 One deck higher, with Panoramic Balcony-Window

S4 220 S5 188 One deck higher, with Panoramic Balcony-Window

We have made every attempt to ensure that your new suite is equivalent to your original reservation. We are confident this new configuration will greatly enhance guest comfort and ensure their river cruise experience is unparalleled. Should you encounter any concerns, please feel free to contact our Reservations department and it will be our pleasure to assist you.

Please take the opportunity to relay this important information to your clients. We thank you for your partnership and look forward to hosting your clients aboard the beautiful Crystal Bach.

Sincerely,

Crystal Cruises

Guest Services

Edited by misbenj

misbenj thanks for posting. Our TA's office is closed today so I hadn't seen the letter yet that you noted. In fact, I just called Crystal's Sales Consultant's to get our new room assignments for bookings that we have on two of the new vessels for next year. The person who I spoke with also mentioned the revised design that places all of the rooms above the water line.

This type of change occurred a few months ago with the Mozart as they added an elevator to the ship.

Thanks again for posting this.

Keith