Moment by moment...how do you do

Ms. T

is it me...or have time just stood still?

I want my cruise and I want it NOW!!!!

How do you people book so far in advance? I'm going crazy over here waiting

Then book another one now before you leave on the next one. Then the first one will seem so close in comparison. LOL;):D

is it me...or have time just stood still?

I want my cruise and I want it NOW!!!!

How do you people book so far in advance? I'm going crazy over here waiting

We booked way over a year in advance and at times it felt as if time did stand still. But I spent a lot of time here on CC, asking questions, reading reviews and taking notes. I purchased a few cruise books and read up on the ports we would be stopping at.

We had a few other land based vacations during that time and family occasions to attend, so that helped in waiting it out.

Now it's been over for 7 months since our cruise already! Funny how that 7 months went by in a flash.

We're looking into booking another, so I guess it will start all over again. I think the anticipation is half the fun.

Hope you have a great time & remember, Labor Day is just around the corner.

We booked our upcoming 29 Oct cruise last year on April 1st (577 days out):eek:. The deal was too good to pass up. Like others we had another cruise booked and have been to Hawaii plus other small trips to Minnesota and the mountains (skiing).

Our roll call took off so much that CC cancelled and archived it after 22,000+ posts (they say it got too big) and we have since posted 3,360 and counting. We have many new friends to sail with now. We are approaching 300 for the M&M.

Half the fun is in the planning with the other CC cruisers. So while it seemed like a long time to wait, it also seems to go faster because of all the information sharing here.:p

You must be anxious with the amount of threads you open...LOL!!

I have been cruising since 1980, so waiting isn't a big deal anymore. I have lots of other hobbies to keep me busy, and I love researching.

For new cruisers, it can be daunting waiting for your cruise, but when some are planned so far ahead, I just tend to forget about them until they are about 2 months away.

I booked my first TA from Rome to Galveston last May and can't believe final payment is already due. I won't even start thinking about my B2B to Australia in Sept. 2012 until my TA is over and then I will start reasearching it.

I also have a first granchild due in Feb., so that is my number one focus right now.

I remember when I was grade school and it seemed that summer vacations were so long and of course the school year was an eternity. Christmas of course was the wait of a lifetime. My grandfather (in his 60's) told me "it's always Christmas - someday you will see that".

I remember when I was in high school and and those summer vactions flew by and the school year too was gone just like that. Yet the wait for Christmas still seemed so long. My grandfather (in his 70's) told me "you still haven't figured out yet that it's always Christmas - someday you will see that."

I remember how long I waited for my children to be born, and walk, and be able to do this or that. Before I knew it, they were in school, and always eagerly waiting for Christmas. My grandfather (in his 80's) told me "you see what I mean about Christmas". And for the first time, I did.

Some of the last words my grandfather (in his 90's) ever spoke to me were "blink and it's Christmas". That saying has become my motto. Weird? Perhaps, but if you stop and think, the older we get time does seem to go so much faster. Last summer right before my youngest was deployed, he told me "I love you Mom; blink and I'll be home." He has been home now for 3 months. The "longest time" of my life while he was gone turned out after all to be a blink.

I booked our next cruise at 426 days out. Down to 175 now, and frankly it it doesn't feel that long ago I booked it. What has happened in that 250+ days that made this time go by so fast? Life.

ferfoodle, as a mother of son who was deployed and stationed in Germany, we leave on Tuesday to see him get married in Germany. Although we booked our flight less than two weeks out, time is fast approaching. What you wrote, is beautiful and so very true. Actually I have copied and pasted it to keep. It was very well said, as a fellow military mom - your words make more than sense. Thank you for them. Proud Army Mom of two sons!

I remember when I was grade school and it seemed that summer vacations were so long and of course the school year was an eternity. Christmas of course was the wait of a lifetime. My grandfather (in his 60's) told me "it's always Christmas - someday you will see that".

I remember when I was in high school and and those summer vactions flew by and the school year too was gone just like that. Yet the wait for Christmas still seemed so long. My grandfather (in his 70's) told me "you still haven't figured out yet that it's always Christmas - someday you will see that."

I remember how long I waited for my children to be born, and walk, and be able to do this or that. Before I knew it, they were in school, and always eagerly waiting for Christmas. My grandfather (in his 80's) told me "you see what I mean about Christmas". And for the first time, I did.

Some of the last words my grandfather (in his 90's) ever spoke to me were "blink and it's Christmas". That saying has become my motto. Weird? Perhaps, but if you stop and think, the older we get time does seem to go so much faster. Last summer right before my youngest was deployed, he told me "I love you Mom; blink and I'll be home." He has been home now for 3 months. The "longest time" of my life while he was gone turned out after all to be a blink.

I booked our next cruise at 426 days out. Down to 175 now, and frankly it it doesn't feel that long ago I booked it. What has happened in that 250+ days that made this time go by so fast? Life.

Well stated, no better way to put things into perspective. No more complaints here. thanks for sharing.

ferfoodle, as a mother of son who was deployed and stationed in Germany, we leave on Tuesday to see him get married in Germany. Although we booked our flight less than two weeks out, time is fast approaching. What you wrote, is beautiful and so very true. Actually I have copied and pasted it to keep. It was very well said, as a fellow military mom - your words make more than sense. Thank you for them. Proud Army Mom of two sons!

Yesterday, they were babes in our arms. Today, they are our men in arms. Tomorrow, they place grandbabies in our arms. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Germany and I will keep your sons in thoughts.

Well stated, no better way to put things into perspective. No more complaints here. thanks for sharing.

Spend these next 100 or so days planning, explore the ports, get a couple of new outfits just for the cruise. Then when it is cruise time - keep your eyes wide open, because as soon as you blink, you'll be home and planning the next one. Enjoy your cruise.

Yesterday, they were babes in our arms. Today, they are our men in arms. Tomorrow, they place grandbabies in our arms.

That made me tear up! A life goes so fast doesn't it? My Mom would say "from generation to generation."

Spend these next 100 or so days planning, explore the ports, get a couple of new outfits just for the cruise. Then when it is cruise time - keep your eyes wide open, because as soon as you blink, you'll be home and planning the next one. Enjoy your cruise.

I agree. I was going to say, if you want time to speed up, just wait til you are on board! Time goes into warp 7 then and the cruise is over before you know it.

I agree with those who talk about how quickly time passes. I think the trick is to spend some time planning for your next trip (be it a cruise or land trip) but spend most of your time enjoying whatever you are doing between now and then.

actually goes quicker than you think....booked this Decembers cruise after i got off my cruise last December and it will be here iin 116 days...much like how fast this year has been going...hard to believe we are coming up on mid-August pretty soon.

and next December's cruise doesnt seem that far off either!!

researching and planning and hanging out at CC makes the time go by quicker:D

Archived