Cruise Points / Cruise Nights

I need to say this as it really annoys me.

In a couple of threads there are odd comments about people's status and that they have travelled x number of nights with RCI.

For example someone has just become Diamond Plus at 176. They say that "after travelling 176 nights they are pleased to have this status". Then on another thread a while ago they mentioned how they got double points due to staying in a suite several times.

Therefore in this example to get Diamond Plus status (or in another example whichever status) they did not do "x number of nights cruising" - they did a much lower number of nights due to double points.

This annoys me as when I see this sort of comment in here people (IMHO especially Diamond Plus & Pinnacle cruisers), they seem to say it to brag about the number of nights their hard earned money had paid for when really it is nowhere near that number of nights they have cruised.

False info and false bragging !:eek:

OK - rant over - :)

Thanks for listening :) :)

Edited by delirious9876

In a couple of threads there are odd comments about people's status and that they have travelled x number of nights with RCI.

For example someone has just become Diamond Plus at 176. They say that "after travelling 176 nights they are pleased to have this status". Then on another thread a while ago they mentioned how they got double points due to staying in a suite several times.

Therefore in this example to get Diamond Plus status (or in another example whichever status) they did not do "x number of nights cruising" - they did a much lower number of nights due to double points.

This annoys me as when I see this sort of comment in here people (IMHO especially Diamond Plus & Pinnacle cruisers), they seem to say it to brag about the number of nights their hard earned money had paid for when really it is nowhere near that number of nights they have cruised.

Staying in a suite pays off

Sent from my C6522N using Forums mobile app

Staying in a suite pays off

So does solo :p

27 points this December on Legend

It was cheaper to do a JS solo and an inside solo than 2 in a JS

Go figure

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

While I am not sure if it is all about the "bragging". I do agree that there can be a huge difference between points and actual nights sailed (I fall into that category). It sure seems many post points and claim nights. Some will say it is the same thing but it really is not.

There is one poster who if you look at the posted number of cruises vs. the posted number of nights sailed would have had to average over 10 nights per cruise to equal the nights sailed they claim. Not saying it could not happen but the list also includes the ships that had/have historically sailed 3 and 4 night cruises.

While I am not sure if it is all about the "bragging". I do agree that there can be a huge difference between points and actual nights sailed (I fall into that category). It sure seems many post points and claim nights. Some will say it is the same thing but it really is not.

There is one poster who if you look at the posted number of cruises vs. the posted number of nights sailed would have had to average over 10 nights per cruise to equal the nights sailed they claim. Not saying it could not happen but the list also includes the ships that had/have historically sailed 3 and 4 night cruises.

The only way a lot of the people are up so high is because it didn't use to go by nights at all use to you made gold after one platinum after 5 and so on so if they took a lot of 3 night cruises it bumped them up faster. As for us points don't really matter i just cruise when I can this year is the first year we've been able to do a seven day due to work

And people's entire cruising history could be completely fabricated. Welcome to the anonymous world of Internet forums. Take everything with a grain of salt.

On here yes but in reality they don't add points unless you've actually gone on the cruise.

Don't believe everything you read.

why do you care? We reached D+ by cruising in suites - so what? :)

We have also cruised Royal many times

I think people should post amount spent with RCI instead. :D

If you spent $100,000 with RCI on half has many cruises as someone with twice as many points and half the amount of money spent, I would be impressed by the dollar amount more so than the points. :D

Edited by lv2bcruzin

why do you care? We reached D+ by cruising in suites - so what? :)

We have also cruised Royal many times

They're not complaining about people earning statuses through cruising. They're complaining about people saying they cruised some number of nights when they actually didn't.

They're not complaining about people earning statuses through cruising. They're complaining about people saying they cruised some number of nights when they actually didn't.

Again.... who cares what people claim. Zero effect on our lives.

I prefer cruise days anyway

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Only because I misread it the first time, after reading your comment, I went back and read again. By the time I was done reading the second time I thought, "Why did I do that? I still don't care." :o

Edited by Big_G

Why would this bother you???

Points are accumulated in a variety of ways and most frequent cruisers have probably received points in most of them.

Does it bother you when frequent fliers are allowed to board the air plane before those of us who fly infrequently??

I have accumulated a lot of cruise points…..the actual points mean very little to me….the fun I had on the many cruises is what is important.

As far a points being confused with nights at sea, sometimes it is easier to explain points that way to the novice if the novice presses the point of how many points a person has.

Edited by beachnative

Serious question -- Do you really care about this, or are you just trying to stir up conversation?:confused:

Don't believe everything you read.

I doubt people here have any motivation to lie about their status, points or number of nights. While I have a hard time understanding anyone wanting to rant about the status of others. I'm one of those who was in for a little while when it was cruise points, and switched to cruise nights. If anyone cares 5 seven day cruises, 2 five day cruises, 1 three day cruise 2 4 day cruises one of which was in a Jr Suite. I think my signature shows 56 nights in 10 cruises and at 75 points I'm 5 short of Diamond. That's just how it happened, I hope this doesn't give the OP something else to distress about.

you really need a cruise if you're that invested in what people are posting :p

I haven't cruised enough to get any points or any status. I really don't care, I just enjoy cruising.

*Like*

When I see posts like this I think back to my first cruises and my balcony-less cabins...I was thrilled, cuz...heck...I was on a cruise!!!! How can anyone complain on a cruise!!?? :eek: Or care about my cruise-mates' status...I didn't even know what that meant...best to go back to those times ;)

*Like*

When I see posts like this I think back to my first cruises and my balcony-less cabins...I was thrilled, cuz...heck...I was on a cruise!!!! How can anyone complain on a cruise!!?? :eek: Or care about my cruise-mates' status...I didn't even know what that meant...best to go back to those times ;)

lol....love it. yes those were simpler times.