Cruise Points / Cruise Nights

Many of you are completely missing what the OP is saying annoys him.

The OP does not care one bit how or when you obtained your tier status.

What he is saying is there is a difference between days sailed and cruise points and that many post their points and claim them as days sailed.

That is what annoys him not anyone's tier status.

Looks like I type rather slow.

Thank You :-)

As I said before, OP isn't bothered by people earning status. They are bothered by people misstating how many nights they've cruised. Go back and read their post again.

I read and comprehend very well... thank you.:eek:

That said, who gives a flip about what people say about their at sea experience when everyone is anonymous? I mean a handful of people who read this forum have actually met anyone else. It is an Internet forum. That said, as someone who has sailed for 18 + years with RCI, and who is only a lowly diamond not a pinnacle. Don't you think, ceterus parabus, that a pinnacle has a bit of experience as compared to a some lowly person like myself? Whether they have 300 days or 750, that is quite a lot of time at sea....

just sayin....

In the meantime... don't wind yourself up over other people's experiences. Or their fantasy experiences. That is what this is all about... I am more than you. The whole cruise points thing is a fiction created by the marketing department, and I must say, the fact they give me free drinks every evening is pretty awesome.:D

jc

Stirring the pot: Are people upset because people with higher tier status through frequent, short cruises or always staying in the cheapest inside cabins, eligible to partake of the CL and DL lounges ? Just throwing this out. Kind of get that sometimes in various threads.

Stirring the pot: Are people upset because people with higher tier status through frequent, short cruises or always staying in the cheapest inside cabins, eligible to partake of the CL and DL lounges ? Just throwing this out. Kind of get that sometimes in various threads.

Nope. That's not what this thread is about.

I think people should post amount spent with RCI instead. :D

If you spent $100,000 with RCI on half has many cruises as someone with twice as many points and half the amount of money spent, I would be impressed by the dollar amount more so than the points. :D

We use points because Crown & Anchor converted to points in 2011. Before that we used credits, when Crown & Anchor converted to cruise credits in 2004. Before that, we used number of cruises, since there were no double points.

I could not tell you how many "nights" we have, nor could I tell you how much money we have spent, because that is not the way the system currently keeps track. However, both figures are irrelevant. What *might be* relevant is that, in perspective, we have sailed more than some, and less than others.

Bottom line, who, indeed, cares? And how is it so important to the OP? :confused:

Edited by travelgoddess1

We just recently completed our 85th RCI cruise so that has been 85 times walking up the gangway and hearing the sea pass card go boing or bing or whatever the sound is called.:D

85 times visiting the Windjammer on embarkation day or some other eatery depending on the ship.

85 times having a wonderful cruise vacation barring one exception but it has also meant we have had to end a cruise 85 times, sad.

Who cares how many points people have or don't have or how they were achieved, we just love cruising and treat each one as if it were the first .

Edited by heatherb1958

We use points because Crown & Anchor converted to points in 2011. Before that we used credits, when Crown & Anchor converted to cruise credits in 2004. Before that, we used number of cruises, since there were no double points.

I could not tell you how many "nights" we have, nor could I tell you how much money we have spent, because that is not the way the system currently keeps track. However, both figures are irrelevant. What *might be* relevant is that, in perspective, we have sailed more than some, and less than others.

Bottom line, who, indeed, cares? And how is it so important to the OP? :confused:

It's so funny how people get hot under the collar at what they view as a trivial issue just because it matters to someone else and that person wants to share their views about why it bothers them.

I'm entitled to my opinion and to start a thread.

:) :) :)

jc, I'll do you one better. We earned our 700th point on our 41st cruise.:p Do you think that might annoy the OP?????

I don't know about the OP, but it annoys ME!! (wink)

Personally, don't care. I have other things to worry about such as: since I'm not on a cruise right now, who is going to make dinner tonight??? Hmmmmm?

It's so funny how people get hot under the collar at what they view as a trivial issue just because it matters to someone else and that person wants to share their views about why it bothers them.

I'm entitled to my opinion and to start a thread.

:) :) :)

Yes, you are. And I just shared mine. :)