Upgrade from CC to Aqua

shot2bits

I saw an Ad from Celebrity saying that you could upgrade from CC to Aqua for $11 per person per day. We were upgraded to a CC B2, because of our Captains Club points when we booked and took the classic drinks package and gratuities using the 1,2,3 go. Anyway, I thought with the savings we have already made, the cost of the upgrade is worth it so rang my TA. They came back saying it would be £1100 for us to upgrade! Seems a bit steep to me. We are on the 14 night Med cruise end of August. Should I stick with what we have?any comments?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw an Ad from Celebrity saying that you could upgrade from CC to Aqua for $11 per person per day. We were upgraded to a CC B2, because of our Captains Club points when we booked and took the classic drinks package and gratuities using the 1,2,3 go. Anyway, I thought with the savings we have already made, the cost of the upgrade is worth it so rang my TA. They came back saying it would be £1100 for us to upgrade! Seems a bit steep to me. We are on the 14 night Med cruise end of August. Should I stick with what we have?any comments?

My only comment is that I'd stick with what you have and not upgrade. I'm sure you could find other uses for the LARGE (1100 pound) amount of money.

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

1,100£ !!! :eek:

$11 x 2 people x 14 days = $ 308 or about 200£

I don't get it... did they take the drink thing away and charge you back for it... no... that doesn't add up either :confused:

Edited by A Sixth?

Hi SHOT2BITS,

Guessing that the "ad" you saw was the little pop up that shows when you make a booking (or look at pricing on a particular cruise).

Of course the amount quoted therein relates directly to the then quoted prices.

And if you saw that pop up days, weeks or months ago... Of course the price of your cruise and any vacant cabins therein (no matter the category) most likely have increased, perhaps even substantially.

Pop up quoted prices by the way usually tie into to the "basic fare quotes"... So they also don't include things like Taxes, Fees & Daily Grats.

As for your immediate choice...

£1100 does seem high to me (approx $ 125 US per day) to upgrade to Aqua. At that rate I would stay put... But then again I am a huge Concierge Class fan.

$ 125 US per day could go very far, heck you would spend a lot less than that to eat in a Specialty Restaurant every meal (Ultimate Dining Pkg is just $ 29 US per day per person). I certainly would not spend over $ 50 each to upgrade and still end up in a Dining Room setting... Even if it was Blu

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Having sailed in CC and AQ multiple times, I would stick with CC and save the money. Some people enjoy blu- my DH and I prefer the MDR with a few specialty restaurants during our cruise. Typically the location of CC cabins are preferable to the AQ as the AQ are below the pool deck and can be a problem with noise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

There is no such thing as a CC B2. There are C1, C2, C3.

This may be the problem. If you are looking to go from a 2B to an A2 - this is a huge jump.

You are right, we have 1046 which is C2 I think.

You are right, we have 1046 which is C2 I think.

Since you used the one category upgrade option you probably paid the C3 price for your C2. I suspect the $11 price Per day was from the current C1 price and it is obviously a lot more than the C3 price you paid.

I would do it for the $11 per day, but not at the price you would need to pay.

Have a great cruise.

It may cost $11 more per day than the current rate for the cabin you are already assigned, but upgrades are calculated based on the price you paid, not on the current price of the cabin you booked.

It may cost $11 more per day than the current rate for the cabin you are already assigned, but upgrades are calculated based on the price you paid, not on the current price of the cabin you booked.

Wow! You need to do extra training when booking a cruise! Beyond me, I'll stick!

I checked our cruise today as well. We are booked in a C2. There are lots of A2s available. We are just before final payment, so I called my TA to ask what it would cost to upgrade. I was quoted $750 per person. We would be well on our way toward a 2nd cruise for that amount. We will stick with our C2.

Aqua Class definitely not worth the upgrade. We took our first cruise on Celebrity in March in an A1. The cabin had a scent diffuser in the cabin that make our eyes water -- we had it removed by the end of the day.

Blu was a major disappointment. Menu sounds delicious -- but the food fell short in flavour. Best meal at Blu was breakfast.

Save your money and enjoy Concierge Class cabin.

Aqua Class definitely not worth the upgrade. We took our first cruise on Celebrity in March in an A1. The cabin had a scent diffuser in the cabin that make our eyes water -- we had it removed by the end of the day.

Blu was a major disappointment. Menu sounds delicious -- but the food fell short in flavour. Best meal at Blu was breakfast. Save your money and enjoy Concierge Class cabin.

Interesting! I hate those scent diffusers.

We've been in Concierge on Eclipse but thought it wasn't worth the cost either unless you want a specific location. All the balcony rooms were beautiful.

Going to try Blu when we are in a suite in December just out of curiosity. Sorry to hear it fell short other than breakfast.