What is there to do on New years eve on board?

cengelbe

Just booked the Independence over the New Years holiday. What is there to do for New Years Eve? Does RC do anything special? Are there parties you have to book in advance? Different events or does everyone show up and stand around the promenade at midnight?

:)

We did NYE on Liberty of the Seas in 2015 and it was a great experience. It was formal night and they had the countdown on the Promenade with lots of confetti and music. At dinner we were given a special menu that I brought home with me. They also gave us noise makers and 2016 tiaras and hats. We headed to the pool decks for the rest of the night were they had the DJ set up. We danced the night away with drinks in light up cups. RCCL hosted a fun NYE :D

I've done NYE twice. Once on Radiance and once on Explorer.

I remember that one of them was formal night, and they also had a huge party in the promenade on Explorer.

On Radiance were were supposed to have sailed already, but we were delayed in Sydney due to a cyclone at sea, so we dropped anchor in the middle of Sydney Harbour and had a huge party on the pool deck, and watched the fireworks off the Harbour bridge. Perfect viewing position!!! :cool: We then set sail at 2am on the 1st January.

I would guess some generic party and a toast with that cr&&y champagne they give out for free...

No free champagne when I was on Allure

The table thing is linked with champagne

Buy a bottle and it is put on a table hence you get a reserved table.

Don't buy one you won't get a table

They did a party on Explorer in 2011 in the Promenade. Free champagne (I was pregnant at

the time so I mostly held extra glasses for my husband). Music and entertainment such as a parade,singers, and dancers. They did offer a special dinner menu and made it formal night even though it was the first night on my sailing.

Fun but as exciting just the two of us, not as fun as when you have more people.

Free, cheap champagne was passed out to all on our Grandeur cruise this past NYE. If you purchased a table to sit and watch the festivities, you received a bottle of better champagne. I don't remember the exact price of a table but I do remember thinking I would never pay it.:D

There was music, a countdown and balloon drop. It was fun!:D

Sherri:)

I did a NYE cruise 2014-2015 on the Grandeur. To this day, it is the best cruise i've ever had.

NYE had no less than 5 parties simultaneously. Its pretty incredible considering Grandeur is one of the smallest ships in the fleet. There was a party in the Atrium with balloons and music. There was a dance party in the Solarium. It was a little treacherous because the ground was wet. There was a party going on in the piano bar (with by the way at the time, the best piano player i've ever heard) The headliner act happened to be friends with the piano guy and tuned out an impromptu rock concert with the piano guy. There was a pool party on the pool deck and there was a jazz party in the South Seas Lounge. Every one of those parties were packed and happening. No reservations or anything needed for any of them. However, the year after that, they started selling tables in the atrium. Not exactly sure what for, but people bought it.

We were on the Navigator on an 8 night December '15 NYE cruise. It was a formal night. Quite fun. This is one of the most expensive weeks of the year to cruise. We have gotten in the habit of cruising the week before Christmas (last year and the end of this year). Much less expensive.

It was the best NYE that we have ever enjoyed but it was darn expensive.