Reputable Independent Excursion Companies

Lofbtotrafbel

Hi. First time cruiser here. Can anyone give me the names of reputable independent shore excursion companies in Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. Trying to save a little money, but want to make sure we get back to ship on time and the companies are legit. Thanks!

Hi. First time cruiser here. Can anyone give me the names of reputable independent shore excursion companies in Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. Trying to save a little money, but want to make sure we get back to ship on time and the companies are legit. Thanks!

Trip Advisor and Yelp (of course, taken with a "grain of salt" on any recommendation).

We've used David from "cavetubingrus" in Belize. He does other things besides cavetubing, but cave tubing was fun. I found him reliable & reputable, & inexpensive.

In Roatan, Victor Bodden's company is good, with many choices. A private driver or group tours are available through him.

In Gr Cayman we just catch a city bus & head to 7 mile beach for an inexpensive day. Stingrays & turtle farm are the big draws there. And of course there is always "Hell." It's a tourist trap in Gr Cayman from what I've read, though we've never been to "hell."

What sorts of things are you interested in doing? Things like shopping or beaches require NO excursion or guide at all!

Get a guidebook from your local library...then decide what you want to do...the book can really help you know how difficult your interest might be!

As long as your WATCH is set to ship's time, you shouldn't have any time issues!! (Don't use your cell phone, as it will show local time!)

This is exactly the reason I don't recommend independent excursions for first time cruisers.

1) Do you know if the local time will match ship time? It does not always happed.

2) Grand Cayman is a tender port. Did you know that people on the ship's excursions will have priority?

There is a lot that is new that you don't have any experience with. Considering the extra cost as insurance. Besides, in some cases the difference is very small (like less then $10).

This is exactly the reason I don't recommend independent excursions for first time cruisers.

1) Do you know if the local time will match ship time? It does not always happed.

2) Grand Cayman is a tender port. Did you know that people on the ship's excursions will have priority?

There is a lot that is new that you don't have any experience with. Considering the extra cost as insurance. Besides, in some cases the difference is very small (like less then $10).

I understand your point, but the fact the OP is asking this sort of question tells me they are not rookie international travelers.

I understand your point, but the fact the OP is asking this sort of question tells me they are not rookie international travelers.

On a land based tour you don't have to worry that the person in the hotel room next to you will get your seat on the first tender because (s)he is on a hotel sponsored tour.

Nor do you have to worry about the hotel time being different than the local time.

Nor do you have to worry about being late and finding that the hotel left without you.

Just because you've visited every country in the world twice by land do not mean you know all the ins and outs involved in a cruise.

Victor Bodden in Roatan.

We've used Coral Breeze in Belize.

And Moby Dick for Stingray City in Grand Cayman.