Coldwater Creek

iheartbda

Linda M, I agree with you. I walk every day in malls for exercise in air conditioning. Over the years I have really come to know stores and who they appeal to. If you go in a Coldwater Creek, Talbot's, Brooks Brothers or a Chicos you will almost never see a young twenty or thirty-something in those stores unless they are with their mothers...at least in South Florida where I live.

If you go in Limited, Banana Republic, Express, Loft, you will seldom see older women. There are exceptions of course. I go in looking for clothes my daughter-in-law might like. I also do like their accessories. Forever 21, H&M, Abercrombie, American Eagle appeal to even younger buyers.

What age group wears Alfred Dunner? It isn't most twenty year olds, for sure. What age group wears Boston Proper? I can't wear most of their clothes. I am seventy.

I live in a section of the country with a very high proportion of very senior women. Many remain very fashionable and "unfrumpy" right into their 90s, but

they do have a different style than twenty and thirty-somethings, even forty-somethings.

I don't know if you can exactly go decade by decade for style differences, but More Magazine, a magazine NOT dedicated to 20s and 30s, often has style advice by decade for its readers. There are subtle changes in fashion choices. You can be fashionable at every age, but women in their seventies and older do tend to make different choices than much junior women and shop in different stores to find their fit and look.

The biggest difference in the clothing I wear now in my 50's versus what I wore in my 20's is hemline. I feel like at my age, a hemline like I wore in my 20's would make me look "cougar-ish." I have always been drawn to classic styles (think Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, etc.) and don't expect that to change anytime soon.

For the record, right now I'm wearing pants from WH|BM, a shirt from the Limited, and a sweater from Loft. Yesterday and the day before I was in pants from Express and NY&Co respectively. My husband has been buying his work clothes from Brooks Bros for 20 years--which means he started in his early 30's.

I wear things from Loft and Limited, as well. I just wouldn't think to shop there often as I did until my 50's. Actually, Banana Republic is one of my "go to" stores as they are pretty classic. I found some wonderful Limited pants at Sam's Club (of all places) that fit well, so I got them in different colors!

Alfred Dunner is trying to be more "with it". I bought the most interesting top off the mark down rack at Macy's that has some of the current spring colors, like mint and peach---with some metalic interwoven in it. The saleswoman said she is seeing more "stylish" Alfred Dunner lately. That's a line I would have never looked at before!

Brooks Brothers is pretty classic for men of all ages. When I worked, I shopped there as well---mostly at the outlet.

Edited by LindaM

I wear things from Loft and Limited, as well. I just wouldn't think to shop there often as I did until my 50's. Actually, Banana Republic is one of my "go to" stores as they are pretty classic. I found some wonderful Limited pants at Sam's Club (of all places) that fit well, so I got them in different colors!

Alfred Dunner is trying to be more "with it". I bought the most interesting top off the mark down rack at Macy's that has some of the current spring colors, like mint and peach---with some metalic interwoven in it. The saleswoman said she is seeing more "stylish" Alfred Dunner lately. That's a line I would have never looked at before!

Brooks Brothers is pretty classic for men of all ages. When I worked, I shopped there as well---mostly at the outlet.

I think Banana Republic is good for pretty much all ages--very timeless styles. I don't shop there, but for no particular reason. I probably should give them a look next time I'm out and about. :)

Fair enough. And the issue wasn't with you anyway! And, of course, CC being frumpy or not is about to become moot!

Hi Amy:D got my 6 tops today......keeping 4 of them. The 2 I am

taking back? Not really frumpy;) but I just don't like how they look

on me.

But I am very happy with 4 I am keeping:)

Hi Amy:D got my 6 tops today......keeping 4 of them. The 2 I am

taking back? Not really frumpy;) but I just don't like how they look

on me.

But I am very happy with 4 I am keeping:)

Not bad odds at all! I should be getting two pair of my favorite pants, and two pair of trouser jeans (2 colors) today. I'm taking advantage of them while they are still there.

Funny story, I was at the dentist yesterday and my hygienist (who I've gone to for years), out of the blue, asked me if I was a "Coldwater Creek Girl". I said yes, but how sad I was that they were going out of business. She had no idea! We commiserated between scraping and scaling.

Hi Amy, I returned the 2 tops and saw some of the gals who have

been in the store for many years.....the part timers are looking for

work at other places.....I am friendly with one of the fulltime gals....

I feel very badly for her:eek::(......she is not a Manager but has worked

in that store for almost 12 years....the "Corporate" offices are not being

too kind:(.......only "Managers" are eligible for any type of severnce or

anything.

I do hope she finds another job....she has been in retail for over 30

years.

Hi Amy, I returned the 2 tops and saw some of the gals who have

been in the store for many years.....the part timers are looking for

work at other places.....I am friendly with one of the fulltime gals....

I feel very badly for her:eek::(......she is not a Manager but has worked

in that store for almost 12 years....the "Corporate" offices are not being

too kind:(.......only "Managers" are eligible for any type of severnce or

anything.

I do hope she finds another job....she has been in retail for over 30

years.

That is really sad, but I'm actually surprised that a company in bankruptcy is giving anyone anything - well, anyone other than the Ivory Tower folks. Yes, I'm a cynic.

That is really sad, but I'm actually surprised that a company in bankruptcy is giving anyone anything - well, anyone other than the Ivory Tower folks. Yes, I'm a cynic.

I know.....we discussed that for a few minutes. A bit complicated

but guess what? There was CC outlet about 30 minutes away and that

store closed BEFORE the filing.......well, all those employees got some

$$$$.......:eek::rolleyes:

Typically only management or essential closers will get incentive in this type of situation. She had been given plenty of notice and is free to leave at any time. The management needs to stay intact until it's all over and done with so the get a bonus to stay until closing instead of leaving for another job early. The closers have to start looking after their employment ends which means a gap in income of they are not given a package to support them for the following month or so. It will also be harder for a manager to quickly find a job of equal value.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just found this thread.

I got the email as well. There are no retail stores near me, so I shop online.

In the past I've gotten some fabulous jackets, slacks and tops from CC, but nothing recently has been up to the quality I was used to from them. I've had to return too many items in the past year because of poor quality of the material.

If they had announced bankruptcy two years ago, I might have been much more upset. Now, with the quality of their garments slipping so much, I can't say I'll be crying over it.

If Chico's went out of business, I'd be devastated. :)

Hello Everyone...I haven't read through this thread. I just wanted to report some information that I received today. One of my Zumba students works at Coldwater Creek and she said that the liquidators are coming in on May 7. This is the last day for returns and exchanges and for purchasing gift cards and something regarding shipping (sorry, can't remember!). Don't know what else this means...but May 7 is a day to mark on your calender.

Over the weekend I ordered 3 more tops, a dress, and a pair of palazzo pants that are supposed to run really long. I am watching the prices on a cute dress that I like that was apparently sized incorrectly (runs really small). Based on the reviews I need to buy a size 14, but I think the price is still too high. I am checking the price daily, but hope that May 7th is the day that they start really slashing the outlet items.

On thing that I find odd is that the gold sequin dress that I bought a month ago is now at a higher price than when I purchased it. I thought the outlet prices tend to go down as time goes by. :confused:

Lisa

If anyone is still trolling CC...it is 50% off in the outlet section and there is a coupon for 20% off in addition (NPK3514). It appears that they are not honoring free shipping any more. I just purchased a dress and two tops!!:D

Good for you! I just checked and my order shipped on Monday. I guess my order was one of the last ones with free shipping. The additional 20% off makes the dress I am looking at more tempting.

Quick question, can you return something you buy online at the store? I know that the last day for returns is May 7th, so if I order the dress and it does not fit I would like to return it to the store at the mall. Thanks for the help! :)

Lisa

Quick question, can you return something you buy online at the store? I know that the last day for returns is May 7th, so if I order the dress and it does not fit I would like to return it to the store at the mall. Thanks for the help! :)

Lisa

Yes, you can.

Kathy

My order arrived today. I ordered a gold sequin dress on a whim with the coupon. I love it! I hope perfect for our New Year's cruise. Can I wear knee length for formal night?

Yes, a lot of women wear cocktail dresses on formal night. I received my order this week too and everything fit great. I bought the black and cream horizontal striped palazzo pants and was shocked at how long they ran. The inseam was listed as 30", but the reviews made me think that it was longer. The actual inseam was 34" and is just above the floor (like a 1/4 inch) when I wear flats. Love them!

And this week got even better when I booked another cruise last night. :D

Lisa

My order arrived today. I ordered a gold sequin dress on a whim with the coupon. I love it! I hope perfect for our New Year's cruise. Can I wear knee length for formal night?

Congrats:) glad you love it and yes, you will be perfectly fine on

formal night:D

i had to return one of the two tops I ordered with the dress. The sequins in the arm opening cut into me making wearing it very painful. I returned it to the store but it took a while. They are taking lots of returns and there is a new process. The clothes no longer get sent back so the woman said that there are different items in the stores now. She also suggested that I not order online unless I am absolutely certain since there are no returns after Wednesday.

i had to return one of the two tops I ordered with the dress. The sequins in the arm opening cut into me making wearing it very painful. I returned it to the store but it took a while. They are taking lots of returns and there is a new process. The clothes no longer get sent back so the woman said that there are different items in the stores now. She also suggested that I not order online unless I am absolutely certain since there are no returns after Wednesday.

We must have bought the same sequin top. I am taking nail scissors to the sequins under the arm to get rid of them and the irritation. I will have to swing by the mall next weekend and see what the store has on sale.

Lisa

We must have bought the same sequin top. I am taking nail scissors to the sequins under the arm to get rid of them and the irritation. I will have to swing by the mall next weekend and see what the store has on sale.

Lisa

I never thought to do that! It was a cute chevron top. I also bought the "party sequin top" which has a short sleeve and I kept it. No problem with that one--just the sleeveless one.