Anyone ever do this in Nassau BRITISH COLONIAL HILTON NASSAU

johnsak123

I used the facility in 2011 and I very much enjoyed it. A $60 day pass included $40 food and beverage coupon, free use of umbrella and beach towel. The beach is small, but private and quiet. There is also a beautiful pool, a lovely covered patio that serves sandwiches and drinks, and shower facilities if you want them. You also do not need a cab to get there as it is only a 10 minute walk from the port. If I remember correctly there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street from the hotel, in case you miss their coffee. Better yet, Señor Frogs is also right on the way back to the ship! :D

Been there twice. Walked there short 10 min walk just past dunkin donuts:D

I enjoyed it very reasonable!!

Get there early or loungers may be a problem.

They have kayaks to use which is nice. I was able to see my room/cabin from the beach lol.

Happy planning

Kerri

Edited by luv2gonow

Was there in 2012, thought it was nice. It is small and pretty quiet. I think kids would be bored there. The $40 voucher goes fast, we spent more. Also, they didn't take credit cards then, cash only. Don't know if that's still the case.

They take cRedit cards nOw. Service was fine food was good. Pool area was nice. Never felt like treated bad just cause day pass. Been to Nassau a few times. First time we ever had a safety warning from the cruise line. Felt much better being closer to port

They take cRedit cards nOw. Service was fine food was good. Pool area was nice. Never felt like treated bad just cause day pass. Been to Nassau a few times. First time we ever had a safety warning from the cruise line. Felt much better being closer to port

Wow....did they say what was going on in Nassau for them to say that?

Thanks

Kerri

We did this a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the day. It was a quiet beach, the water is beautiful, you can see the ships so you know you won't miss it :D!

The coupon doesn't go far but it was a good day, we wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Bluejai

We actually went there last year and LOVED IT.. Definitely worth the money - the kids enjoyed the quietness of the beach and pool and loved it was all theirs.. There were only about 5 hotel quests there. I would recommend this hotel over and over. The staff was more than helpful and friendly!

We have it booked for Getaway cruise in April/May. The reviews, pictures, and videos I saw looked like it would be a nice place to check out. Especially for the price.

We are on the same cruise! How did you book this? Was it through NCL or through the hotel?

We were thinking of just staying on the ship given everything I have heard about Nassau, but this seems like a nice way to spend the morning and early afternoon.

Thanks!!

We are on the same cruise! How did you book this? Was it through NCL or through the hotel?

We were thinking of just staying on the ship given everything I have heard about Nassau, but this seems like a nice way to spend the morning and early afternoon.

Thanks!!

I don't know if we can share that information, but you can reach me at

reryan24 at gmail.com

We were there as a group last month and four in our group had their CC information compromised. They had to cancel their cards because of the charges being made to them. The $40 credit you receive is quickly eaten up by the mandatory 18% gratuity and then a VAT tax added to the bill.

Dave

We went in June when we were on the Getaway and didn't use Resort for a day, just walked over there and bought the day pass at the front desk. $60 for adults I can't remember what it was for the kids and what the ages were for kids. you get a $40 food and beverage credit. They do not take cash.

We had an incredible day - it was so nice to get into a pool. I don't do pools on cruise ships. Too many people lingering in the pool, way too long with cocktails....it makes me leary.

The drinks were good and strong - I had a few too many Hemingway Daquiris but it was all good. LrgPizza was back on the ship to save me from myself

The DH is 6-5, 250 lbs and was carrying our beach bag back to the ship - he got pick pocketed, luckily the other couple we were with, spotted it and yelled at the boy. She even got a picture on the kid with his hand our bag.

We are going again in approx 35 days when we are in the Sky. So looking forward to it.

We were there as a group last month and four in our group had their CC information compromised. They had to cancel their cards because of the charges being made to them. The $40 credit you receive is quickly eaten up by the mandatory 18% gratuity and then a VAT tax added to the bill.

Dave

I'll be sure to take along some cash instead, just to be safe!

The DH is 6-5, 250 lbs and was carrying our beach bag back to the ship - he got pick pocketed, luckily the other couple we were with, spotted it and yelled at the boy. She even got a picture on the kid with his hand our bag.

We are going again in approx 35 days when we are in the Sky. So looking forward to it.

This is a very good reminder to always be on alert! I'm really looking forward to it, too!

We went in June when we were on the Getaway and didn't use Resort for a day, just walked over there and bought the day pass at the front desk. $60 for adults I can't remember what it was for the kids and what the ages were for kids. you get a $40 food and beverage credit. They do not take cash.

We had an incredible day - it was so nice to get into a pool. I don't do pools on cruise ships. Too many people lingering in the pool, way too long with cocktails....it makes me leary.

The drinks were good and strong - I had a few too many Hemingway Daquiris but it was all good. LrgPizza was back on the ship to save me from myself

I just looked at your countdown & realized that we're on the same cruise! We'll be without our kids, too. They're 15 & 17, but we always travel with them. I'll miss them, but am very excited, too! :D

I just looked at your countdown & realized that we're on the same cruise! We'll be without our kids, too. They're 15 & 17, but we always travel with them. I'll miss them, but am very excited, too! :D

This is our first trip without them too. We've overnight here and there without them, but even though its only 3 nights....just being out in the vast sea without them makes me leary. I'll sure I'll get over it after the 2nd Blue Lagoon cocktail. :D

I would definitely take cash to pay for this. Our total for two should have been $130 for the day. We signed our receipt which was correct. However, the next day off the ship and on our way home, we discovered that the charge had infact been made for $1300! I'm sure it was human error, they hit one too many "0" and it was fixed with a few phone calls, but just be careful out there!