If not soda???

Boatingmom

My children don't drink soda and I don't want them drinking milkshakes and slurpees all day. They will be bouncing off walls.:( Is there anything besides lemonade to drink that is included in the cruise fare??

Water, ice tea, coffee or load up on juice in a quart bottle at breakfast in the Horizon and store it for the rest of the day in the fridge. You'll have to get a few large glasses at a time to fill the bottle. I've never seen them fill a bottle for anyone.

You don't say the ages of your kids ....

Milk is always available for kids - just ask at the buffet or in dining room and they will bring it. They used to have cartons but have now switched to pitchers at breakfast buffet so just ask for glasses of milk from the waiters and they will bring as many as you want. Whole or skim - I ask for a cup of each and mix half and half as mine drink 2%.:rolleyes: They can also have juice at breakfast or at dinner in the dining room there is juice on the kids menu, milk, chocolate milk, iced tea and lemonade. All the juices are from concentrate so they won't taste exactly like from home.

For older teens -- there is also coffee and various types of tea bags at the buffet that are included.

You can also order room service -juice, milk, etc -- we'd ask for warm milk in the evenings for the kids to drink before bed in the cabin.

If they are big water drinkers, bring a refillable water bottle from home and they can put ice and water in it at the dispensers at the buffet. There are usually lemon wedges available too.

When our kids were younger, we would stop at a grocery store near the port and buy tetra packs of their favorite juice beverages - that way they had familiar drinks and they were perfect to take ashore on shore excursions when all you can find is pop or beer!

There are hot chocolate packets at the International cafe, and there are some "mocktails" available but they are pretty sugary and add up $$.

Many people put luggage tags on cases of nonalcoholic beverages and bring their own so that is an option as well.

Edited by cruisintoddler

Yes milk, water and juice just like home.:eek: We'll save the mocktails as a treat. I never thought of bringing a refillable water bottle. Great idea, I will steal that one. Pitcher in the fridge would displace my husband's beer so that wont work. I'm more of a wine drinker so sharing martinis wouldn't work either:D Thanks again all for the quick response.

You can also order room service -juice, milk, etc -- At breakfast, juice is free from room service. At other times there is a charge from room service. No chreage for milk at any hour.

There are hot chocolate packets at the International cafe, and there are some "mocktails" available but they are pretty sugary and add up $$. There is a charge for the hot chocolate at the IC.

See my comments in red.

This area is one that is lacking on Princess. When we cruised other cruise lines we got a way better variety of FREE drink choices. I bought bottled juices in port last time to keep in my cabin. They only have an issue about bringing alcohol on board in port.

This area is one that is lacking on Princess. When we cruised other cruise lines we got a way better variety of FREE drink choices. I bought bottled juices in port last time to keep in my cabin. They only have an issue about bringing alcohol on board in port.

Depends on the cruise line. But other than the premium lines, the only freebie soft drinks I've heard of are on Disney at certain locations on the ship.

The nice thing about Princess is that every cabin has a mini fridge. So if you bring on a bottle of juice (my hubby likes to have grapefruit juice available so he keeps one in the fridge), this is doable. I've brought Crystal Light (and many seem to like Mio and other flavoring additives).

Haven't seen splurpees on a ship yet.

If you buy the kids drink package upon boarding you can get the smoothies made with "real" fruit no sugar. I do it all the time.

I literally tell the bartender how to make my smoothie.....orange juice/banana/strawberries/ice cubes....heavy mix and.......Yum!!!! If I like it sweeter I ask for two banana's instead of one. The secret is in the mixing.

They have a smoothie very similar [i forgot the name] on their "mocktail" menu....I just want less orange juice and more strawberries and banana's.

Since I have one or two of these per day and virgin bloody Mary's/diet sprite, etc. Ordering the kids package for me is well worth it. I always get my money's worth out of it.

And, I ALWAYS have some singles in my bag to tip the bartender and or the server. After seeing me the first day, whenever I walk into the Piazza the staff already know what I want! Love it! ;)

It has been a while since we cruised Celebrity. They used to have Lemonade and Fruit punch in the machines you could serve yourself all day when that station was open. Not just for breakfast. I used to like to combine the lemonade with the punch so it wasn't so sweet.