ugh just booked...

Freedom2014

I don't like carnival cruise lines...but my family does so I booked a 7 night cruise on liberty leaving from port Canaveral and ending in san juan...been on liberty before it was in much better shape than the other ships in that class...I just enjoy royal caribbean but a vacation is still a vacation. I had a question if anyone has stayed in connecting cabins 2263 and 2267. I just want to know if they have the full sofa or are they just a chair

I have not stayed in this stateroom however, According to CCL website deck plans they have a full couch and are 4 person accommodations. My experience with 4 person rooms, The couch will be one of the bed and should have a drop down above it.

Edited by springs741

I think this is the first post where I've seen "UGH" and "JUST BOOKED" in the same sentence.

Liberty CONSTANTLY gets GREAT reviews.

If I am not mistaken, she is the 2nd or 3rd highest rated of ALL ships out there, and this was a recent article/thread that I read.

Calm down.

Have a great cruise!!!!!

I don't like carnival cruise lines...but my family does so I booked a 7 night cruise on liberty leaving from port Canaveral and ending in san juan...been on liberty before it was in much better shape than the other ships in that class...I just enjoy royal caribbean but a vacation is still a vacation. I had a question if anyone has stayed in connecting cabins 2263 and 2267. I just want to know if they have the full sofa or are they just a chair

Ugh??? seriously? LOL. I've never sailed RCCL but have many friends and family that have. Every report I've heard is that the lines are very comparable. If your already dreading your cruise, I really doubt you'll enjoy it (my 2 cents).

I tried Royal twice and I was in no way WOW'd. Sticking to Carnival.

Same here. Had a good time on RCCL but I'll take Carnival in a heartbeat. OP I respect your love for Royal but you're bound to have a bad time on your cruise if you board with that attitude. You might be surprised. The Liberty is a very nice ship.

I tried Royal twice and I was in no way WOW'd. Sticking to Carnival.

Doesn't matter to me what line people prefer but I would take this opinion with a grain of salt. Based on the cruises listed, you sailed two of the oldest and smallest ships in royals fleet. No different then sailing carnivals oldest ship (I don't know which one that current is) and comparing it to an experience on the breeze. Of course it wouldn't compare.

If you feel that strongly about not liking a Carnival cruise, you guys should have come to a happy medium. No way would I sacrifice totally unless someone else was footing the bill and just insisted I go. Going in with a negative outlook is a sure way to guarantee anything even remotely not to your liking will stick out.

Your staterooms will have a couch that pulls out and a pull down bunk from the ceiling. It may or may not have a chair that goes with the vanity. Good luck.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I'm trying RCCL for the first time and all I can say is, after all the Carnival bashing by RCCL fans, it'd better measure up!

I think it defiantly does measure up the ship the service the food is all a step up..but the price is also a step up. I loved RCCL but my family all says and agree that the crowd on there do have their noses a little higher in the air. My main reason for loving RCCL is how pretty and well maintained their ships are, also I noticed on RCCL a lot less drunk people and loud parties and annoying bingo announcements that carnival seem to do. I went on liberty of the seas which is one of RCCL best ships so that could be why I enjoyed it so much. I do enjoy carnival liberty that is one of carnivals better maintained ships that is why I'm choosing to sail her again.

I have been on carnival liberty before...I enjoyed it out of the other 4 carnival ships I have been on thats why I picked, I also picked it for the ports the are really good and they give us a chance to spend a night in San Juan! The price was the main factor for this 2 connection cat. b ocean views for 1650.

I think it defiantly does measure up the ship the service the food is all a step up..but the price is also a step up. I loved RCCL but my family all says and agree that the crowd on there do have their noses a little higher in the air. My main reason for loving RCCL is how pretty and well maintained their ships are, also I noticed on RCCL a lot less drunk people and loud parties and annoying bingo announcements that carnival seem to do. I went on liberty of the seas which is one of RCCL best ships so that could be why I enjoyed it so much. I do enjoy carnival liberty that is one of carnivals better maintained ships that is why I'm choosing to sail her again.

Agree, even the staff treats people differently. And that is something I just have not experienced first hand on Carnival. Yes I did go on older smaller ships to Alaska and Bermuda with Royal, but I would have expected for a 2400 dollar Oceanview room that it was a little better maintained and the staff a little friendlier and the service I was told better, but did not see it. Maybe just hit it on the wrong times of the year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sailed on the Liberty last August and had a great time.

Yes, the ship is a little older than the newer mega ships. It does have the Movies at Sea screen, Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguanna Grill/Cantina which are all great.

Cory is one of the best CD that we have ever had.

But to answer your question. We did not stay in those rooms, but our room had a full size (for a cruise ship) couch. I am 6'3 and napped on it each day with no issues.

Enjoy your cruise.

Liberty has been our best cruise yet! We loved that ship. We had a great room and great service the entire time on the ship. I really hope you have a wonderful time. As far as the rooms go, I can't really comment as I have not stayed in them.

But, I really do hope you enjoy your cruise!

Although I favor Royal Caribbean, I would not put "ugh" and "Carnival Liberty" in the same sentence. We've been on her twice, and both times she has delivered a wonderful cruise experience. Every aspect of the experience was great, including the customer service, music, Harry's Steakhouse, and fellow passengers. She's one of the most toned down and tasteful ships in the Carnival fleet, with its rich woods, art hand painted and specifically commissioned for this ship, Murano light fixtures and accents, wrought iron, and the use of a more subdued color palette.

Have a GREAT time. You will if you allow yourself to do so. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ugh?

Seriously, I've been on CCL, RCCL, NCL, HAL, Princess and Celebrity.

I wouldn't say "Ugh" to any of them. There are differences, but nothing so blindingly different that I'd turn up my nose to sailing on any one of them again. I just don't spend my time on a cruise comparing every little thing to the last one. None have been absolutely perfect and none have been anything close to horrible.

I guess I just don't have the discriminating taste of some...:rolleyes:

I don't really know what to expect from Royal.

From personal experience, the WORST thing that you can do is to set expectations too high and read too much into overhyped reviews. You'll set yourself up for disappointment.

It happened to us when we sailed on Holland America last year. I totally bought into the whole "Signature of Excellence" that they hype so much. While the experience was indeed superior than what other cruise lines deliver and we enjoyed one of our most memorable cruise experiences, Holland fell short of expectations and we came home a bit underwhelmed.

IMHO, Royal does deliver an overall superior product, but not everything about it is better than Carnival. Even when we sailed on the Allure (which we considered phenomenal) we still found things that Carnival did better.

Go with an open mind and enjoy! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Liberty was a step above other carnival ships but still doesn't beat RCCL Liberty of the seas...I guess it is like comparing apples and oranges. RCCL ships also feel A LOT LESS CROWDED it seems like carnival tries to put more people than public spaces...RCCL also doesn't constantly try to make you take tacky pictures every min of the cruise! I booked carnival but Im keeping my eyes out for RCCL to drop so I can switch.

Liberty was a step above other carnival ships but still doesn't beat RCCL Liberty of the seas...I guess it is like comparing apples and oranges. RCCL ships also feel A LOT LESS CROWDED it seems like carnival tries to put more people than public spaces...RCCL also doesn't constantly try to make you take tacky pictures every min of the cruise! I booked carnival but Im keeping my eyes out for RCCL to drop so I can switch.

As much as I prefer Carnival over RCL, there's no way I'd cruise Carnival if I were you no matter how much less it is. You obviously are going to board with with the impression that you're not going to enjoy the cruise. I feel sorry for the people that will be cruising with you. At least if I had to cruise RCL again I'd still be positive about it and still enjoy every bit of the trip and the time with the family.

Didn't you say you booked this cruise, because your family wanted this one? So are you going to convince everyone to switch if the price becomes to your liking? I hope you didn't book early saver, because then you guys will only get a credit for your deposits minus $50 pp penalty for cancelling. Chances are slim to none that you would ever use that credit. And watch that general penalty phase for cancelling.

You're so down on the whole idea. Not sure why you're agreeing to go and spend your money. I sure wouldn't want to be one of the family members who convinced you to book if even the slightest thing goes wrong.

Didn't you say you booked this cruise, because your family wanted this one? So are you going to convince everyone to switch if the price becomes to your liking? I hope you didn't book early saver, because then you guys will only get a credit for your deposits minus $50 pp penalty for cancelling. Chances are slim to none that you would ever use that credit. And watch that general penalty phase for cancelling.

You're so down on the whole idea. Not sure why you're agreeing to go and spend your money. I sure wouldn't want to be one of the family members who convinced you to book if even the slightest thing goes wrong.

final payment is not until jan. 6 so i am watching prices until then. I will be happy on carnival liberty, or else I would not of booked it. I do prefer royal but there is nothing I can do, a cruise is a cruise. the itinerary is port intensive being a 7 day with 5 stops, that is what sold me...but royal is 7 day with 6 stops and much better stops but I still cannot justify the extra cost even though I enjoy the ship better. I got a oceanview on carnival liberty for 379 with 100 OBC oceanview on royal is 697 with 100 OBC. I will be happy either way just wanna do royal is all. lol

I've been on both and IMO - I love each of them!

Its vacation - someone is cooking, cleaning and bringing me drinks!! The "ugh" is a bit snobby sounding - I think that is what got everyone to reply to you! Enjoy your time with your family!

I've been on both and IMO - I love each of them!

Its vacation - someone is cooking, cleaning and bringing me drinks!! The "ugh" is a bit snobby sounding - I think that is what got everyone to reply to you! Enjoy your time with your family!

I never said I didn't enjoy the carnival liberty It was the best cruise I have been on with carnival. I always have fun on a cruise, but it is my honest opinion that I prefer royal but I will not let that stop me from cruises...lol I know I will have fun...