Board Questions

Tedferg

Is there a discussion topic of how to use these boards ?

I seem to remember being able to mark a discussion to follow responses and /or link to other posts that I have made.

I sometimes look for follow up comments but forget the topic or after a few days the topic is buried on page 6 and I have to leaf through looking for it.

Similarly I would like to jump to the Roll Call for a specific cruise instead of Roll Calls / Princess / Island / Cruise Date.

You can click on your screen name, which will display a pull down menu. On this menu, one of the choices will be "Find all posts by Tedferg". This is one way to follow up on the threads you are interested in.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Is there a discussion topic of how to use these boards ?

I seem to remember being able to mark a discussion to follow responses and /or link to other posts that I have made.

I sometimes look for follow up comments but forget the topic or after a few days the topic is buried on page 6 and I have to leaf through looking for it.

Similarly I would like to jump to the Roll Call for a specific cruise instead of Roll Calls / Princess / Island / Cruise Date.

Click on "Thread Tools" near the top of the page of the thread you want to follow. Then click on "Subscribe to this thread" and let the system know how often you want to be notified about new thread posts (e.g. immediately, once a day, etc.)

Do you mean Bookmark in browser or does the website have a way to 'remember me' ?

Just click on User CP in the beige bar and it will take you to subscribed threads....if you post anything on a thread it subscribes you. That is all that is required.

If there are no new posts on the thread you will need to click on view all subscribed threads to see the list of subscribed threads.

Edited by BJS

Do you mean Bookmark in browser or does the website have a way to 'remember me' ?

Yes, Bookmark it in the browser. For a site I want to easily go to often, I add it to the “Favorites Bar”. This way it is right at the top and I can go there with one click.

Unless my cache or cookies have been cleared, the subject title of any thread I've looked at will be highlighted in red. I can also look at the far left hand column and look for the bent arrow which indicates I've posted on that thread. If there's a thread I've posted on and would like to check out to see if there's been more responses, I might use the method that Cruisebruce mentioned.

I think you can also subscribe to a thread, but I believe doing so will get you a zillion email notifications (well, depending on the popularity of the thread). I rather not get these notifications.

Just subscribe to the thread - including your roll call. You don't have to have any email notifications at all. Just go to the User CP (control panel) link on the upper left and you can see all of your subscribed threads. If they have new activity you haven't read they will show up as separate links. If they don't have new content you can still click on the "show all subscribed threads" on that page to see all of the threads you have subscribed to. That's how I do it as I don't want email notifications.

The quickest way is to go to your Roll Call webpage and then add it to your Favorites ( or bookmark) in your browser. I use Internet Explorer and add it it to my Favorites bar.

Another way is what I have done in my signature below - where I've modified my signature to include a hyperlink to the web page. See the "hub page" in my signature for an example. That way the website remembers my roll call, and all I have to do is find a recent post that I have made (using envelope with an arrow symbol in the thread listing).