Hotels in Fort Lauderdale close to port?

lwislandgirl

Could anyone please tell me of a nice hotel, close to the port that we can stay for one night before our cruise? I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

We stay at the Comfort Inn cruise port South. Free shuttle from airport and to cruise port also free breakfast. We all like it there.

We have stayed several times at Extended Stay America on 17th Street. Free shuttle from airport (or a $12 taxi if you do not want to wait). Walking distance to restaurants, shops, etc. It does not have a "free" breakfast like the others, but it does not cost as much.

Check out the Florida Departures Board -- this is a recurring question with lots of good answers/recommendations too.

This is your best rec.:) Some of the hotels mentioned above are closer to the airport than the port. Familiarize yourself with the area. Hotels on or just off 17th St are the closest to the port. There are also beach hotels to consider. Least expensive will be the ones closer to the airport.

My 2 cents worth is the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. Restaurants are within walking distance, close to the piers, and there's a Walgreens right across the street for those forgotten items, or a munchie attack.

My 2 cents worth is the Marriott Renaissance on 17th. Restaurants are within walking distance, close to the piers, and there's a Walgreens right across the street for those forgotten items, or a munchie attack.

I agree with this recommendation for the Renaissance. Great location, very close to the pier. Can't recommend the Embassy Suites - we had a horrible stay there in May. The place is very tired, the ac/plumbing is very noisy to the point where we couldn't sleep and breakfast was a zoo.

All of the above hotels that have been mentioned are good. I always use Hotwire and take my chances. This coming weekend was a challenge, however. Hotels near the port were outrageous (well over $200 for a 2 star), even on Hotwire, due to the Boat Show. It was cheaper to rent a car, stay way out in Weston, and then shuttle to the port. Btw…Alamo and National provide a free shuttle from the rental car center at the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades. Other car rental agencies don't participate.

Hi,

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites, Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina, Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six and the Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. All of these hotels are fine, but my favorite is the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six (I really like the hotel grounds and the large yacht harbor).

Chuck

Marriott Renaissance is the best pre-cruise hotel ....is it pricey, yes...but it's best place to stay for all of the reasons that were already given...plus it has a pretty good workout rm. for a hotel...

Any comments on the Embassy Suites vs Hilton Marina? I've stayed at the Embassy before and it was great, but I can save 20,000 Hilton points by staying at the Marina, plus I have no use for a suite size room.

Embassy does give shuttle service and the Hilton does not, I believe.

Any comments on the Embassy Suites vs Hilton Marina? I've stayed at the Embassy before and it was great, but I can save 20,000 Hilton points by staying at the Marina, plus I have no use for a suite size room.

Embassy does give shuttle service and the Hilton does not, I believe.

We have stayed at both. The only advantage to the Embassy, IMHO, is its proximity to Total Wine and grocery store for water and soft drinks to take on the ship.

However, if you're not in need of those things, I much prefer the Hilton Marina, especially if you can snag a room facing the port.

What I detest about the Embassy is it is literally a ZOO on the morning of embarkation. We didn't use their shuttle service to the ship, but used a taxi instead to escape from the zoo!

We only stayed in the Hilton Marina post-cruise, so I can't say what it's like on embarkation morning.

Try the Hampton Inn. They have a shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to port. They also offer free breakfast. Believe it is the Hampton Inn Airport.

They also let you park your car for the cruise for $50 if you are driving to the port.:D

We like the Marriott Renaissance, too! Close to some nice restaurants and shopping. Short cab ride to port.
The Marriott is closest to the port but they do not include breakfast which can be pricy and there's no free parking if you have a rental car or a friend is meeting you there and drives.

Archived