Holiday Cruise on the Statendam

hpf

Hi everyone, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas to you, coming from the Statendam.

We boarded Monday morning. we just walked across the street from the Wyhndem where we stayed overnight.

It was a great room, I watched the Parade of Sail Sunday night. How lucky to be in San Diego at the right time.

Iposted a few pictures of the boats all decorated for Christmas on my blog. http://www.Phyllis-blog.com/287050376

We were aboard at 11:00AM; among the first as 4 star and up went aboard first. Our room was already and Ali & Did It (our stewards) presented themselves and offered to get us anything we might need.

Emptied our carryon cases then strolled around getting our bearings. The ship looks good. We then went to the Mariners Society Luncheon.

When we came back to our cabin our other luggage was here so we I unpacked those then it was time to muster. All went well in that department.

Last night was supposed to be formal but they cancelled that until tonight as it was very rolly (my new nautical term), lots of swells but not big waves; however it made the walking rather unsteady. Especially after I had gone to the Wine tasting for the 4 & 5 star passengers.

Time now to get ready for formal night, which DH is not looking forward to but he does dress up very nice, if he wants to or not.

Helen

Busy day today. Went to a seminar on Coffee. Coffee. Coffee by David Pengelly, the same one who was entertaining us the other night. He has a Coffee company. Stayed in the Showroom for a presentation on the History of the "Leis".

Lunch in the Lido.

This afternoon both DH and I went to the Ukulele teach. About 40 50 there and only 39 instruments.

Next it was time for High Tea, yummy. DH went to the gym which probably was a better choice.

Time for dinner now

Hi everyone, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas to you, coming from the Statendam.

We boarded Monday morning. we just walked across the street from the Wyhndem where we stayed overnight.

It was a great room, I watched the Parade of Sail Sunday night. How lucky to be in San Diego at the right time.

Iposted a few pictures of the boats all decorated for Christmas on my blog. http://www.Phyllis-blog.com/287050376

We were aboard at 11:00AM; among the first as 4 star and up went aboard first. Our room was already and Ali & Did It (our stewards) presented themselves and offered to get us anything we might need.

Emptied our carryon cases then strolled around getting our bearings. The ship looks good. We then went to the Mariners Society Luncheon.

When we came back to our cabin our other luggage was here so we I unpacked those then it was time to muster. All went well in that department.

Last night was supposed to be formal but they cancelled that until tonight as it was very rolly (my new nautical term), lots of swells but not big waves; however it made the walking rather unsteady. Especially after I had gone to the Wine tasting for the 4 & 5 star passengers.

Time now to get ready for formal night, which DH is not looking forward to but he does dress up very nice, if he wants to or not.

Helen

Sounds like you have settled in........:D Have a great cruise!

We're on this cruise in Feb, so I appreciate hearing your posts, Can you let us know who your captain/staff are, and how the internet is doing on the old Gal?

Did you have a meet and greet with the Cruise Critic gang and did any of the officers make the scene? I plan to invite them to ours, so it would be nice to know if they came to yours. Who's your CD, and are you generally pleased with everything? Have a great holiday! Thanks!

Checking in; who says there is nothing to do on sea days. The last 2 have been busy,

I'll answers you questions tomorrow. Having a great time, Formal night was again tonight.

It's all in my blog, it's late and Hilo is tomorrow so I'll check in again tomorrow.

Helen.

Checking in; who says there is nothing to do on sea days. The last 2 have been busy,

I'll answers you questions tomorrow. Having a great time, Formal night was again tonight.

It's all in my blog, it's late and Hilo is tomorrow so I'll check in again tomorrow.

Helen.

I'm enjoying reading each day of your blog so far. Is there some way to subscribe to it? I especially enjoy those 5-photo slide shows. Unique.

Thank you for sharing. The South Pacific cruise is on my bucket list so I love being able to travel vicariously with you, especially on a Christmas cruise.

Dear Helen

Your blog is wonderful. Brings back such good memories.

Your commentary is great and the photos are superb. Enjoy seeing where the Elf will be next! The sea photos make me feel like I am back on the ship again!

I am wondering if there is a way to comment on the blog?

Enjoy Hilo!

Dear Helen

I am wondering if there is a way to comment on the blog?

Enjoy Hilo!

There is a guest book on it where comments can be left. Elf is enjoying himself. We were really busy while in Hawaii and I will get caught up.

I think everyone has been on the internet to home & family as it has been very slow the last couple of days. Merry Christmas.

Helen:)

Please let us know the times of the shows in the evening. Some HAL ships have been doing 3 shows in the evening. Thanks.

It has mostly been 8 & 10PM. However last night being Christmas Eve it was changed around a bit; and then at 11:00PM there was an International Carol Singing with the captain, cast & crew. Very nice.

Then at Midnight there was both Mass an and Intedenominational Service in the Showroom and Wajang Theater respectively.

There is also a Rabbi onboard who has been holding the Jewish Services's.

Helen

A busy last few days. The weather has been great, warm but not too warm; I guess we are coming up to that as this evening it seems muggy outside.

Yesterday was great, slept in, then went to Wikkii beach. Free shuttles so a bit of going here & there first. Stayed for an hour and half. had a pricey drink, a strawberry Daquari (spelling probably not right) for me and a diet coke for DH. It was worth it (so I keep telling DH) just to sit by the beach and take in all the sights.

We all threw our Lei's in the pool as we sailed away.

Christmas Turkey and the fixings last night at dinner along with English Plum Pudding. Of course there were other great things on the menu as well.

Tonight there was goose on the menu, however I had Beef Wellington which was great,

This morning there was another Carol sing in the showroom and then Santa arrived. We have 12 children on board and I do believe 4 or 5 teen agers as well. They all got to sit on Santa's knee and received a present. Actually a lot of adults did as well. It was a fun morning and I'm afraid I napped this afternoon.

Sailing towards Fanning Island where we should be anchored on Sat.

Helen:)