Majesty to get Upgraded

They are going to send the Oasis to Barcelona for the summer. That was in there plans

I don't think was ever in the plans.. Where did you see that? Allure is in the Med this year, Harmony next year. One of those two (who will both be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale) will will most likely go to the Med in 2017. Going by the pattern they've been using, both Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale will have one Oasis Class ship throughout the summer. Fort Lauderdale will have 2 during the winter. They won't leave PC without a 7 night ship in the summer, it just wouldn't make sense as cruises are in huge demand when kids are out of school.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I love this class of ship! DH and I like to be able to see all the things working on a ship. I am thrilled she is coming to Port Canaveral... On May 27, 2016, and I just booked her for the maiden voyage out of PC. I could not do it online needed to call Royal. The agent said wait let me look... then, Yup we can book it. Also told me they are adding a Diamond lounge Whoo Hooo! My CoCo Cay express is back 45 minutes to the Port! (I for some reason never warmed up to Enchantment, but love Freedom sorry she is leaving, yet also happy about Oasis)

I am singing the happy song

Do you know if they are also adding a CL or Suite Lounge?

I don't think was ever in the plans? Where did you see that? Allure is in the Med this year, Harmony next year. One of those two (who will both be sailing out of Ft Lauderdale) will will most likely go to the Med in 2017. Going by the pattern they've been using, both Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale will have one Oasis Class ship throughout the summer. Fort Lauderdale will have 2 during the winter. They won't leave PC without a 7 night ship in the summer, it just wouldn't make sense as cruises are in huge demand when kids are out of school.

It came out of the 2015-2016 deployment schedule at the end of the there planing for their final plan.

They are going to send the Oasis to Barcelona for the summer. That was in there plans
If that is true, wonder if they will have FR cover the summer like Indy is doing for AL. I'd like that as we love FR and will be sad to see her go to FLL.

I just talked to a board member at PC and there not happy that the Majesty is coming to PC .He said they wished they would put it some place else. He said they are talking to other cruise lines to come to PC. They are disappointed with RCCL with ther plans.

I just talked to a board member at PC and there not happy that the Majesty is coming to PC .He said they wished they would put it some place else. He said they are talking to other cruise lines to come to PC. They are disappointed with RCCL with ther plans.

Really.:confused:

Royals ships sail full. Having the Oasis and Majesty there means more passengers (revenue for Canaveral) than they had with Freedom and Enchantment. I would think that all the port would care about is the number of total passengers.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Royals ships sail full. Having the Oasis and Majesty there means more passengers (revenue for Canaveral) than they had with Freedom and Enchantment. I would think that all the port would care about is the number of total passengers.

Agreed. Majesty has a larger capacity than Enchantment, correct?

With an updated Majesty, I'd think PC would be pretty happy...Especially since they're still getting the Oasis. :rolleyes:

Wonder if MJ has a higher passenger count than EN, how it will affect the Parking Garage at Terminal 1. I think they built it too small as we saw when EX was sailing out of Port C. Now with the huge OA and a 3/4 night ship that has more folks sailing on her, it could be tight.

With the Oasis going to Barcelona in the summer that leave the majesty not much there.

With an updated Majesty, I'd think PC would be pretty happy...Especially since they're still getting the Oasis. :rolleyes:

About 100 more at double and 37 at full. More than that if compared to Rhapsody.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Micco doesn't think Oasis is staying. He has connections. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

With the Oasis going to Barcelona in the summer that leave the majesty not much there.

As others have said, Oasis won't be going anywhere in the summer. One of her sisters from FLL will head over just has been done for 3 years leaving FLL with only 1 Oasis class ship for the summer.

Wonder if MJ has a higher passenger count than EN, how it will affect the Parking Garage at Terminal 1. I think they built it too small as we saw when EX was sailing out of Port C. Now with the huge OA and a 3/4 night ship that has more folks sailing on her, it could be tight.

First come first served I guess. Seems to be plenty of off site.

Keep in mind, when EX was there it was three ships. However, Saturday is still open as a turnaround day for another 7 day ship

Edited by John&LaLa

Oasis did go over to Europe for a mini-season and dry dock in 2014 from September 1, 2014. The ship sailed two test 5 night and one test 7 night from Barcelona. The ship was away from Port Everglades only for the low season months of September and October.

This Summer season is the only season so far where Port Everglades has not had 2 Oasis Class home-ported ships in the high season since the arrival of Allure.

Summer 2016 will see both Allure and Oasis home-ported at Port Canaveral.

If you look at RCI's own deployment press release from the 5th of March concerning 2016-17 Caribbean deployment they have stated that Oasis and Freedom deployments are seasonal Winter deployments.

In the same press release they do refer to the Adventure, Anthem, Enchantment and Liberty deployments as year-round deployments.

While this does not mean that Freedom or Oasis will not be deployed for the summer season from the same ports, this does indicate that their deployments are subject to future deployment decisions and are not 'year-round' at this time.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1133/royal-caribbean-announces-unmatched-2016-17-caribbean-adventures-aboard-the-industrys-best-cruise-ships/

I hope everyone knows that like most companies, RCI makes its decisions on the financials of the issue. There must have been something that happened that changed the financials with respect to the Majesty; enough so to overcome the hit it will take to compensate folks booked on RH.

As above, sending an Oasis class to Europe for the summer must make sense financially: what are the chances that the yield (in $) will be higher in BCN vs. FLL or PC? That may have been a no brainer in years past at 1 euro = $1.30 US - at 1.10 exchange rate, maybe not so much. The cruise business is a single digit % profit margin - lots of decisons are made by the bean counters that may not make sense to the casual observer.

Oasis did go over to Europe for a mini-season and dry dock in 2014 from September 1, 2014. The ship sailed two test 5 night and one test 7 night from Barcelona. The ship was away from Port Everglades only for the low season months of September and October.

This Summer season is the only season so far where Port Everglades has not had 2 Oasis Class home-ported ships in the high season since the arrival of Allure.

Summer 2016 will see both Allure and Oasis home-ported at Port Canaveral.

If you look at RCI's own deployment press release from the 5th of March concerning 2016-17 Caribbean deployment they have stated that Oasis and Freedom deployments are seasonal Winter deployments.

In the same press release they do refer to the Adventure, Anthem, Enchantment and Liberty deployments as year-round deployments.

While this does not mean that Freedom or Oasis will not be deployed for the summer season from the same ports, this does indicate that their deployments are subject to future deployment decisions and are not 'year-round' at this time.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1133/royal-caribbean-announces-unmatched-2016-17-caribbean-adventures-aboard-the-industrys-best-cruise-ships/

Is this the release that says Rhapsody is going to PC. :what:;)

I'm calling BS on that one. You really should consider there might be people on these boards who know the people involved in these decisions. I happen to be one of them and I happen to know for a fact the Board of Commissioners is ecstatic over the decision to place Oasis in PC. Plus, the decision to place Majesty there instead of Rhapsody means more money in the port's pocket because MJ carries more people.

I am not happy at all. Why give Miami the enchantment and give port canaveral a small piece of scrap metal. They supposedly sold it. Port Canaveral always gets the left overs. Sad they spent so much money on the new terminal and this is what we get. It could have least been a brilliance class. I'm almost to the point where I am gonna start looking at other lines

Really? When this is all said and done, what ships will you have in PC and what ships will I have in Miami? Better yet, try to sell that argument to the rest of the country who have to fly to their cruises. I have a feeling your first world problem isn't going to get much sympathy.